Why Does the Federal Government Give Universities Billions of Dollars?

Weatherman2020

Diamond Member
Mar 3, 2013
Right coast, classified
In 2015 Columbia got $599M of our taxes. I can imagine what they got last year.

For what? Produce a bunch of anti- American morons who can’t tell you were a tomato comes from.

Columbia Faculty Back ‘No-Confidence’ Motion against President Minouche Shafik​

Why you ask?

Not for all the campus riots by antisemitic NAZIS.

Because she called the police on them.

For what? Produce a bunch of anti- American morons who can’t tell you were a tomato comes from.

Why you ask?

For once I agree. For profit universities shouldn't get federal dollars.

Why you ask?

To do the research they are unwilling or unable to do for themselves. Because universities are more agile and nimble than the feds are. Or give grants to further research into the public good. Lotsa reasons.

Pssst...university president???..are really just fundraisers (asking govt and private institutions) asking for money. They aren't politicians.

To do the research they are unwilling or unable to do for themselves. Because universities are more agile and nimble than the feds are. Or give grants to further research into the public good. Lotsa reasons.

Pssst...university president???..are really just fundraisers (asking govt and private institutions) asking for money. They aren't politicians.
What’s come out of college research in the past 50 years?

Like gain of function?

What’s come out of college research in the past 50 years?
You gotta give me the location of that rock you live under. :auiqs.jpg:
Look, full disclosure here. I'm privy to several government and military grants given to local universities . It happens at a dizzying pace.
They do it because they have a free and clear field to pursue the experiments they would like to without government oversight.

What they come up with (in just my personal experience) is a mixed bag. Advancements that will help, but are questionable economically.

Like gain of function?
Sigh...this again for the fiftieth time? Obama shuts it down and Trump is bound and determined to destroy anything the black man did...so....other than GOF giving us some rapid and marked gains in vaccines and virus research...

What is it you'd like to say here...SexCalibur? (sorry, been waiting a while to trot this one out!).

Sigh...this again for the fiftieth time? Obama shuts it down and Trump is bound and determined to destroy anything the black man did...so....other than GOF giving us some rapid and marked gains in vaccines and virus research...

What is it you'd like to say here...SexCalibur? (sorry, been waiting a while to trot this one out!).

Trump restarted no such thing. It is your pal Fauci and a few others behind it, and they never stopped, regardless of what you imagine Øbama did. Nice race card, though. :auiqs.jpg:

FFS your TDS Fueled© hate is terminal.

Trump restarted no such thing. It is your pal Fauci and a few others behind it, and they never stopped, regardless of what you imagine Øbama did. Nice race card, though. :auiqs.jpg:

FFS your TDS Fueled© hate is terminal.

Bullshit, you alt-right twat....le....

Bullshit, you alt-right twat....le....

Your desperation is making me laugh. No mention of Trump in that link.

... the Obama administration in 2014 announced a pause of federally funded GOF research and asked a government advisory group to reevaluate federal GOF funding policies and put together recommendations to help officials make their decisions.

The expert group, called the National Science Advisory Board for Biosecurity (NSABB), commissioned a 1,000-page risk-benefit assessment to help them make their final guidance, which they finalized in June 2016, along with an ethics white paper. As part of the process, the NSABB held two National Academies symposia on GOF issues.

Collins, in his statement today, thanked and praised the NSABB and the National Academies of Sciences, Engineering, and Medicine for their work on the issues. "The work of these committees was instrumental in guiding the United States Government in its job of creating rigorous policy that allows vital research to move forward."

Last edited:
You gotta give me the location of that rock you live under. :auiqs.jpg:
Look, full disclosure here. I'm privy to several government and military grants given to local universities . It happens at a dizzying pace.
They do it because they have a free and clear field to pursue the experiments they would like to without government oversight.

What they come up with (in just my personal experience) is a mixed bag. Advancements that will help, but are questionable economically.
Why can’t you name one thing then?

Why can’t you name one thing then?
Because you don't see the govt and the military holding joint press conferences with these institutions to trumpet the research and breakthroughs they make (for the most part). They give contracts to the schools, the schools recruit the grad and post doc candidates, and those candidates perform the research. It can be years before the research yields anything of substance...if at all. I've seen some research that's purely theoretical. They use learning institutions for cheap labor and a long runway. :)

Because you don't see the govt and the military holding joint press conferences with these institutions to trumpet the research and breakthroughs they make (for the most part). They give contracts to the schools, the schools recruit the grad and post doc candidates, and those candidates perform the research. It can be years before the research yields anything of substance...if at all. I've seen some research that's purely theoretical. They use learning institutions for cheap labor and a long runway. :)
Research and breakthroughs!
So many you can’t name ONE!

Hundreds of Billions of dollars a year flushed down the toilet by profiteering universities.

Forum List

Back