This Democrat Has The Answer To A Lawless Judge: Ignore His Ruling On Abortion

skews13

Diamond Member
Mar 18, 2017
One Democratic senator has a solution for the problem of the lone extremist judge in Texas who could take the option of abortion medication away from all Americans: Ignore him. Sen. Ron Wyden (D-OR) spoke on the Senate floor recently, and made that case. Through what Wyden deems “court-washing,” Judge Matthew Kacsmaryk, a “lifelong right-wing activist, a partisan, an ideologue, an antiabortion zealot who was handpicked by Donald Trump and the Federalist Society to pretend to be an impartial judge on the bench,” will try to claim the power to put a national injunction on the use of mifepristone. That’s the abortion drug used in about 50% of abortions, one that has proven safe and effective for decades.

“The power of the judiciary begins and ends with its legitimacy in the eyes of the public,” Wyden said. “If that’s what the ruling would do, the answer is to ignore it, at least until there is a final ruling on the underlying matter by the Supreme Court.”

Which is what will happen in all Democratically controlled states anyway.

One Democratic senator has a solution for the problem of the lone extremist judge in Texas who could take the option of abortion medication away from all Americans: Ignore him. Sen. Ron Wyden (D-OR) spoke on the Senate floor recently, and made that case. Through what Wyden deems “court-washing,” Judge Matthew Kacsmaryk, a “lifelong right-wing activist, a partisan, an ideologue, an antiabortion zealot who was handpicked by Donald Trump and the Federalist Society to pretend to be an impartial judge on the bench,” will try to claim the power to put a national injunction on the use of mifepristone. That’s the abortion drug used in about 50% of abortions, one that has proven safe and effective for decades.

“The power of the judiciary begins and ends with its legitimacy in the eyes of the public,” Wyden said. “If that’s what the ruling would do, the answer is to ignore it, at least until there is a final ruling on the underlying matter by the Supreme Court.”

It would not excite me. Of course, I'm not going to get pregnant. Old white men, don't get pregnant. They only rule over those that do, if they can.

It would not excite me. Of course, I'm not going to get pregnant. Old white men, don't get pregnant. They only rule over those that do, if they can.
I still say old white men and old white women and young black women and young black men (etc etc etc) can reasonably express a desire to avoid the wholesale slaughter of completely innocent preborn human life.

Abortion is a loser for Republicans. Apparently, they have already forgotten, they lost ground in the last election over it.

That isn't going to change in the next election.

Here’s the legal part of his argument: “The Food and Drug Administration approved mifepristone 23 years ago. For those looking to challenge that approval, a little late. The statue of limits allows challenges to food and drug procedures for six years,” Wyden said.

“As part of an amendment of the Food and Drug Act, any drug, any drug previously approved by the agency was deemed to be in compliance with new rules governing the Food and Drug Administration,” Wyden continued. “Mifepristone is covered by that amendment made by the legislative branch. There is no reasonable argument to the contrary.”
Exactly.

Abortion is a loser for Republicans. Apparently, they have already forgotten, they lost ground in the last election over it.

May get even worse. No worries for them, though. They get to choose.

I still say old white men and old white women and young black women and young black men (etc etc etc) can reasonably express a desire to avoid the wholesale slaughter of completely innocent preborn human life.

If you believe that abortion is the "wholesale slaughter of completely innocent preborn human life", then don't have an abortion. It's that simple. You don't ever have to violate your closely held belief that way.

But you don't have the right to inflict your own ignorance and and religious dogma on the rest of women in the USA. If others believe as you do, let them act accordingly and carry all of their pregnancies to term.

If you believe that abortion is the "wholesale slaughter of completely innocent preborn human life", then don't have an abortion. It's that simple.

False. If you think it’s ok to murder fellow humans and I’m opposed to it, the answer isn’t to simply tell me not to commit murder.

You’re a plodding hack, lizardgirl.

If you believe that abortion is the "wholesale slaughter of completely innocent preborn human life", then don't have an abortion. It's that simple. You don't ever have to violate your closely held belief that way.
If you don't like rape, just don't rape anybody. That way you don't violate your personal belief that rape is wrong, just let everyone else rape whenever they want to.

But you don't have the right to inflict your own ignorance
Fact isn't ignorance.

May get even worse. No worries for them, though. They get to choose.

Yep. Rich Republicans, and Conservative Christians, will still be able to get them. For their wives, mistresses, and daughters.

Maybe but it was the correct decision, abortion like marriage is not a federal matter, peroid.

Funny how left wingers only agree with rulings that favor them politically.

I say clerk's of court should do the same thing with gay marriage. Just ignore the court's ruling.

Forum List

Back