Senator Ron Wyden introduces S. 420, a bill to legalize marijuana

It probably won't pass because of all the dinosaurs in Congress, but it's a step forward. It's absurd the amount of money we throw away in our justice system over weed.

Sen. Ron Wyden, D-Ore., introduced a bill on Friday to decriminalize marijuana and allow for it to be taxed and regulated. The bill is titled S. 420, in a reference to marijuana culture.

The proposal, identical to a bill in the House, aims to ease the longstanding conflict between states where cannabis is legal in some form and the U.S. government, which categorizes marijuana as a dangerous illegal drug, similar to LSD or heroin. The American Civil Liberties Union estimates that around half of all drug arrests are for marijuana possession.

Weed legalization should be up to individual states... None of the federal governments business
It has to be done at the fed level to make it totally legal in the states..
No, Just make it none of the federal governments business. And individual states legalize it or not

The law has to change at the Federal level.

It probably won't pass because of all the dinosaurs in Congress, but it's a step forward. It's absurd the amount of money we throw away in our justice system over weed.

Sen. Ron Wyden, D-Ore., introduced a bill on Friday to decriminalize marijuana and allow for it to be taxed and regulated. The bill is titled S. 420, in a reference to marijuana culture.

The proposal, identical to a bill in the House, aims to ease the longstanding conflict between states where cannabis is legal in some form and the U.S. government, which categorizes marijuana as a dangerous illegal drug, similar to LSD or heroin. The American Civil Liberties Union estimates that around half of all drug arrests are for marijuana possession.

Weed legalization should be up to individual states... None of the federal governments business
It has to be done at the fed level to make it totally legal in the states..
No, Just make it none of the federal governments business. And individual states legalize it or not

The law has to change at the Federal level.
Just don’t enforce the drug dealing laws federally, Just let individual states to make their own laws when it comes to drug dealing and usage....

Its already legal in my state, theft and crime has gone through the roof shocker.
I know it has fucked up tourism in Colorado fiscally
I went there two years ago and it was buzy as hell.
Actually it’s kept family’s away from the tourist sites… Most families don’t want to go into areas that smell like pot.
And potheads don’t spend money on tourism...
So the wind never blows in COlorado you think you could smell someone burning a bowl at twenty feet you are nutz.

Its already legal in my state, theft and crime has gone through the roof shocker.
Actually it’s kept family’s away from the tourist sites… Most families don’t want to go into areas that smell like pot.

In the survey, 64 percent of tourists over the age of 25 reported legal marijuana played no role in their decision to visit the state. Slightly less than 14 percent of travelers called selling of weed a negative influence but came to Colorado anyway. The remaining 23 percent of people who visited Colorado in 2015 said the availability of marijuana positively influenced their decision to vacation in the state.
Only 4% of Colorado tourists came for the legal weed in 2015, survey says – The Denver Post

So the wind never blows in COlorado you think you could smell someone burning a bowl at twenty feet you are nutz.
Lol
Have you been to Estes Park recently? The place smells like fucking pot

Let's hear all the justifications for statist government control over a ditch weed that also applies to alcohol.

:laughing0301:

Let's turn to a higher authority.

Statist 3:16 - And Jesus said, "he who smoketh the forbidden grass shall be cursed. For mine intoxicant is wine. And ye shall have no other intoxicants before me."

Thats why you my bro!
:rofl:

In the survey, 64 percent of tourists over the age of 25 reported legal marijuana played no role in their decision to visit the state. Slightly less than 14 percent of travelers called selling of weed a negative influence but came to Colorado anyway. The remaining 23 percent of people who visited Colorado in 2015 said the availability of marijuana positively influenced their decision to vacation in the state.
Only 4% of Colorado tourists came for the legal weed in 2015, survey says – The Denver Post
The fact remains tourism in Colorado has changed drastically since the legalization of pot. Most Families just don’t want to take their kids to places like that.
Shit happens... Glad I don’t live there

Signs are going up around town "No smoking, No vaping". Easy peasy.

Tourism is UP in Colorado. Look at you Rusky. You went to Estes Park. Aren't you pretending to live in the Badlands?

Signs are going up around town "No smoking, No vaping". Easy peasy.

Tourism is UP in Colorado. Look at you Rusky. You went to Estes Park. Aren't you pretending to live in the Badlands?
I visit Colorado often for business...
Actually tourism is way down in Colorado for families. Funny the drop happened right about the time of legalization of pot.
Yes I do live in northwestern South Dakota... The Badlands are about 120 miles south east of me

Forum List

Back