Senator Bernie Sanders To Re-Introduce Veterans' Bill

And this is the sin of it all. The management nickel and dimed vets to death as they hid wait times so they could get huge bonuses.

It's criminal. It's fraud. I hope people end up in orange jumpsuits.

Well well well liberal scumbuckets who have been trying to blame Republicans for denying taxpayer dollars to fund the VA, I believe the VA has a lot of 'splaining to do Lucy!

Nickel and diming Vets to death but giving themselves bonuses should earn people jail freaking time.

The Obama administration’s Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) expects to have more money for medical care than it can spend for the fifth fiscal year in a row, The Daily Caller has learned.

VA expects to carry over $450 million in medical-care funding from fiscal year 2014 to fiscal year 2015. VA received its full requested medical care appropriation of $54.6 billion this fiscal year, which is more than $10 billion more than it received four years ago.

This is part of an ongoing trend.

VA carried over $1.449 billion in medical-care funding from fiscal year 2010 to 2011, $1.163 billion from fiscal year 2011 to fiscal year 2012, $637 million from fiscal year 2012 to 2013, and $543 million from fiscal year 2013 to 2014.

VA Nickel and Dimed Vets to Death While Running a Surplus for 5 Years | FrontPage Magazine

What the ? Veterans care should be a PRIORITY, not an afterthought.::mad:

Damned right, any "yes buts" need to volunteer to stand around the VA and tell these people in person why we just can't afford to help them right now.

Can't you stop lying?

Inadequate capacity to treat the people means not enough facilities, personnel and/or funding, instead of supplying political cover for the republicans who are the source of all inadequate funding for anything besides weapons, you should join the call to build and spend whatever it takes to make this backlog go away and get everyone the treatment they need.

Good god. How many times does it need to be pointed out that the problems within the VA have nothing whatsoever to do with funding? It is somehow the fault of republicans when they block a ‘fix’ that does not address the actual problems?!

What an asinine sentiment. The knee jerk reaction of the left always seems to come down to this. Anytime there is something wrong it MUST be that they need more money. That is rarely the actual case though.

The far right wing scum know no embarrassment for their anti-American reactionary agenda.

They, if successful, will keep the GOP in the minority.

Thank God for that, because we dare not as a GOP be in the majority with the far right having any say in government.

Another lie from the OP.

Reports of long waiting times for appointments at the V.A. date back to 2005. Which means the U.S. Congress has known about these problems for Nine (09) Years.

Who was President in 2005?

What Political Party held clear Majorities in the House of Representatives and the Senate in 2005?

The problems of the V.A. have been well documented for NINE FREAKING YEARS. Republicans did not do a single solitary FUCKING THING under the shrub or darth dick(less). Only now do they begin to bitch.

I think he's pathological.

I will not write what I think of you; you have not had a close relative DIE in a VA hospital, after being diagnosed with a "routine urinary tract infection", and being told she was being discharged in a "couple days". And she darn sure did NOT die of old age, or complications rising therefrom.

It will probably die in committee too to be followed by a similar Republican poison pill bill that would along with finally adequately funding the VA sabotage the ACA or privatize the VA or some kind of sinister shit like that.

Blatant lie to state that the VA has been underfunded. Why they've been so well funded they have been carrying over surpluses for the past 5 years.
And the Administrators cooked the books to get undeserved bonuses that cost real people their LIVES.

Good god. How many times does it need to be pointed out that the problems within the VA have nothing whatsoever to do with funding? It is somehow the fault of republicans when they block a ‘fix’ that does not address the actual problems?!

What an asinine sentiment. The knee jerk reaction of the left always seems to come down to this. Anytime there is something wrong it MUST be that they need more money. That is rarely the actual case though.

I think it is, I am not sure anyone has anticipated the scope of trying to care for the veterans of a couple of wars with so many survivors of horrible disfigurement and trauma as we have made in the last 10 years. The system is obviously lacking in capacity, fixing that takes cash and lots of it. No one is going to fix this with firings and congressional hearings, we need to do what's right even if it means to drop the stupid partisan crap for once.

You never put your silly butt on the line for this country did you? Vets are more important than saving you a few pennies. Hundreds of billions spent on weapons we let rust, and decay, and VA care pays the price!

What the...?

Then why did Mr. Sanders feel the need to block the bill then? So much for vets being a 'priority.'

What the...?

Damned right, any "yes buts" need to volunteer to stand around the VA and tell these people in person why we just can't afford to help them right now.

Actually, you yourself need to assume the position of a family member who has died because of this negligence. My dad didn't die, but he fought the VA to be treated, he gave up because his country failed him. He came very close to dying.

Don't you dare.

Forum List

Back