Senate Passes Bill to Avoid Rail Strike

They have plenty more than most working Americans. This is the problem with unions in this country. The more they get for their workers, the more money the union collects in dues. They get too greedy, and our jobs get sent to China.

So, what does your meager salary have to do with those who earn more?

Ummm….how do you intend to send railroad jobs to China?

They have plenty more than most working Americans. This is the problem with unions in this country. The more they get for their workers, the more money the union collects in dues. They get too greedy, and our jobs get sent to China.

Why do you hate working Americans while you defend the profits of the wealthy?

So, what does your meager salary have to do with those who earn more?

Ummm….how do you intend to send railroad jobs to China?

There are some jobs that can't leave like railroad jobs. But it's not because it was a choice.

Railways charge money. We consumers have to pay for those wages in the products we buy. The higher the wages, the more it costs American consumers. That's what it has to do with me and every other American. I have no problem if the companies offer more money to attract workers, but blackmail is something I never supported like the left does. It's pure theft, no different than somebody pulling a gun on you and demanding all the money in your wallet.
You see what a union is for is forcibly overpaying workers. Without a union, plenty of other people would be too happy to take their jobs for less money than they make now. Like I said, pure armed robbery. That's what unions are all about, and the best thing that can happen to this country is get rid of all unions out of our government jobs.

There are some jobs that can't leave like railroad jobs. But it's not because it was a choice.

Railways charge money. We consumers have to pay for those wages in the products we buy. The higher the wages, the more it costs American consumers. That's what it has to do with me and every other American. I have no problem if the companies offer more money to attract workers, but blackmail is something I never supported like the left does. It's pure theft, no different than somebody pulling a gun on you and demanding all the money in your wallet.
You see what a union is for is forcibly overpaying workers. Without a union, plenty of other people would be too happy to take their jobs for less money than they make now. Like I said, pure armed robbery. That's what unions are all about, and the best thing that can happen to this country is get rid of all unions out of our government jobs.

Hard to believe you are blue collar and begrudge workers who are able to demand higher wages

Why do you always side with the employers?

Hard to believe you are blue collar and begrudge workers who are able to demand higher wages

Why do you always side with the employers?

Demanding higher wages is one thing. Stealing higher wages is another. Without any commie union a company would tell their workers they make plenty of money, and if they can do better somewhere else, go find a job that will pay them better.

Asking somebody for $50.00 is not the same as holding a gun to them and demanding $50.00.

Demanding higher wages is one thing. Stealing higher wages is another. Without any commie union a company would tell their workers they make plenty of money, and if they can do better somewhere else, go find a job that will pay them better.

Asking somebody for $50.00 is not the same as holding a gun to them and demanding $50.00.

So the employer gets to decide how much is fair?

"If you don't like it, go somewhere else."

What you just described is textbook exploitation. And that is why we have unions.

Want people to work then meet their expectations. A new era is emerging where workers stand up against unfairness. Get used to it.

"If you don't like it, go somewhere else."

What you just described is textbook exploitation. And that is why we have unions.

How is it exploitation? If you can find a better paying job, then find one. Of course you and I both know they never could find a six figure blue collar job like they have at the railroad. And no non-union company would pay them that kind of money because their labor isn't worth six figures.

Proud of my guy for voting against this...

Screenshot_20221201-222604-729.png

What's the point of having a Union if the DC elites are just going to cut you off at the knees???

How is it exploitation? If you can find a better paying job, then find one. Of course you and I both know they never could find a six figure blue collar job like they have at the railroad. And no non-union company would pay them that kind of money because their labor isn't worth six figures.
Well then I'm thankful they have a union. Why would I want them to make less money? That is not american. The sticking point here is very minute.

Oh, the poor dears, they don't get sick days.

This was being discussed last night on evil right-wing television. The average rail worker makes over $100,000 a year. Guess what? Give me a job making that kind of money and I'll be glad not to get pay when I'm sick. I would easily be able to afford it.

They also are getting a 24% pay raise and 11K bonus. 8 of the 12 unions accepted the agreement, 4 held out.

I'd like to know where they think the constitutional authority to impose a collective bargaining contract can be found. I'll be damned if I can find it.

Almost certainly the congressional authority to regulate interstate commerce.

I think a plain language reading of the 13th amendment would disagree.

They can quit. Nixing your '13th amendment' claim. As those in involuntary servitude can't quit and go home.

Forum List

Back