Senate Introduces Bill to Kill Obamacare Dems Can't Stop

Replacing the ACA is fine with me.

Killing the ACA, leaving in place no health care coverage system is criminally irresponsible.

That would set us back by a good number of decades, obviously.
how would returning things to how they were (perfectly working) just a few years ago before the disaster ACA was forced on the workers, bring us back decades? seriously, did the passing of the ACA cause some sort of shift in time that changed history too?
???
When you kill the ACA it doesn't mean some OTHER legislation that was killed suddenly comes back into existence.

That's not how legislation works.

Also, remember that our law, and health care in general has moved on from that, including the edges related to how health care interacts with other law that has also changed.

If we are to get a new system, it's going to have to be designed, written into law, and a transition plan will be required.

Ryan knows that.

BTW: People are very clear about how losing the features of the ACA is NOT what they want. Read the polls. Just going back to what we had before will be seen as a disaster.
The system of health insurance that actually worked well before the ACA was not done through legislation, it was private business.
nothing has to be brought back, those companies are there, they still have clients buying their product through means other than the ACA, and those companies are going to be more than willing to write a fair policy for anyone that needs or wants one.
Not sure you have a complete grasp on how these things work.
False. There was extensive health care regulation on providers, insurers, and employers - before the ACA.

Such regulation has existed for decades - the ACA just added regulation, such as requiring insurers to offer their policies to all (regardless of age, gender, preexisting conditions, etc.)
well if that's all then go for it.
If the ACA just ADDED regulations, then taking those ADDED regulations away would pretty much leave the industry in the same shape it was when it worked.
The ACA changes weren't added like that. It's a rewrite.

Remember how many pages it was? It contains the whole shot - not just changes to what previously existed. From there, there are related changes in other law - budget, for example.

More importantly, the US public wants the features the ACA brought us.

The system of health insurance that actually worked well before the ACA was not done through legislation, it was private business.
nothing has to be brought back, those companies are there, they still have clients buying their product through means other than the ACA, and those companies are going to be more than willing to write a fair policy for anyone that needs or wants one.

We had private companies that sold policies with pages and pages of fine print that would cap your policy at lifetime payouts, kick you off whenever they felt you are getting too expensive and lock out people with pre-existing conditions. And people with low income could never afford health insurance unless their employer covered it. All of this while medical costs and healthcare spending in general was spiraling out of control for 30 years.

This is your "worked really well"? What you are saying is somewhere between ignorant and delusional.
Hopeycare is a tax and it's being repealed.

Learn to cope.

ok dummy, whatever you say.

A purely partisan accusation was made, and I pointed out that the accusation was bs.

So, your point is just more pure partisan hackery.

And, if someone makes a partisan complaint that is BS, I WILL CALL THEM ON IT.

I don't see the ACA as being a failure AT ALL. In fact, it is functioning today, improving health care coverage for America, even though there has been far less modification to it than there has been to any other program anywhere nearly as significant.

Pure BS. It's unaffordable and terrible insurance to boot. It was successful in one way, to create as many new government dependents as possible. That was the only goal from the beginning. The more government dependents, the more likely Democrat voters.
If you bother to check, you will see that the coverage and availability features of the ACA are wildly supported by Republicans as well as Dems.

Right, that's why they voted against it and even brought repeals of it to DumBama multiple times which of course he refused to sign.

Killing the ACA, leaving in place no health care coverage system is criminally irresponsible.

Why? Those people can't go out and buy a policy without Commie Care?

You forget the options for people before the ACA were pretty much non existent.

The ACA works great here in Mass. we have virtually no uninsured and rates dropped this year.

Methinks conservatives have sabotaged the ACA in their state just so they can complain about it .

We had private companies that sold policies with pages and pages of fine print that would cap your policy at lifetime payouts, kick you off whenever they felt you are getting too expensive and lock out people with pre-existing conditions. And people with low income could never afford health insurance unless their employer covered it. All of this while medical costs and healthcare spending in general was spiraling out of control for 30 years.

This is your "worked really well"? What you are saying is somewhere between ignorant and delusional.
worked well for me.
Its not my problem if you dont know how to shop for what you need and negotiate, You do know that you could actually tailor your policy to some extent in order to have a say in the cost right?
As far as people losing their insurance and dying in the street? I dont get it. Lets say my 21 year old daughter is no longer covered on my policy until she is 26, I would simply purchase her policy for her and continue to provide that until she was able to take over the premiums herself.
Not totally understanding why this is such a hard concept to grasp.
What I dont want to do is pay for the family of 12 that already receives government assistance because the parents find it easier to just walk to the mailbox once a month than it would be to actually get up and leave the house every morning to be productive.
Now if you personally feel an obligation to this family, I am almost certain that they would accept your offer to pay for their coverage out of YOUR pocket.

Pure BS. It's unaffordable and terrible insurance to boot. It was successful in one way, to create as many new government dependents as possible. That was the only goal from the beginning. The more government dependents, the more likely Democrat voters.
If you bother to check, you will see that the coverage and availability features of the ACA are wildly supported by Republicans as well as Dems.

Right, that's why they voted against it and even brought repeals of it to DumBama multiple times which of course he refused to sign.

The ACA works great here in Mass. we have virtually no uninsured and rates dropped this year.

Methinks conservatives have sabotaged the ACA in their state just so they can complain about it .
rates dropped for who? you? everyone? out of pocket is less than it was also? amazing.

In Arizona the rates over doubled. And doesn't your state also have Romney Care?

how would returning things to how they were (perfectly working) just a few years ago before the disaster ACA was forced on the workers, bring us back decades? seriously, did the passing of the ACA cause some sort of shift in time that changed history too?
???
When you kill the ACA it doesn't mean some OTHER legislation that was killed suddenly comes back into existence.

Also, remember that our law, and health care in general has moved on from that, including the edges related to how health care interacts with other law that has also changed.

If we are to get a new system, it's going to have to be designed, written into law, and a transition plan will be required.

Ryan knows that.

BTW: People are very clear about how losing the features of the ACA is NOT what they want. Read the polls. Just going back to what we had before will be seen as a disaster.

I think they could bring things back to when employers provided that benefit. But in order to do that, Trump and the Republicans would have to offer some sort of incentive. The companies that dropped coverage will not go back to providing it just because Commie Care was repealed.
Also, corporations that have coverage today will need time to figure out what they will offer their employees. Most employers that have well paid positions will probably offer something, as it is a way to be competitive in attracting employees. But, others may drop coverage and I'd bet most will have some amount of change.

I'm just saying there will need to be a transition period.

If they are providing healthcare benefits now, I don't see why that would change one way or the other once Commie Care is repealed. The problem with this nonsense is that lower income people get coverage for almost nothing with the subsidies, the wealthy don't care because they've always been able to afford it, and the middle-class are the ones getting screwed because we don't get much of a subsidy at all.

???

Ryan knows that.

I think they could bring things back to when employers provided that benefit. But in order to do that, Trump and the Republicans would have to offer some sort of incentive. The companies that dropped coverage will not go back to providing it just because Commie Care was repealed.
Also, corporations that have coverage today will need time to figure out what they will offer their employees. Most employers that have well paid positions will probably offer something, as it is a way to be competitive in attracting employees. But, others may drop coverage and I'd bet most will have some amount of change.

I'm just saying there will need to be a transition period.

If they are providing healthcare benefits now, I don't see why that would change one way or the other once Commie Care is repealed. The problem with this nonsense is that lower income people get coverage for almost nothing with the subsidies, the wealthy don't care because they've always been able to afford it, and the middle-class are the ones getting screwed because we don't get much of a subsidy at all.
Well, when the ACA came in corporations were allowed an extended grace period, because they needed even more time than insurance companies did in reworking their employee health care options. So, I bet any other significant change will require similar work on their part, even if the next solution looks more simple in some way. Simple doesn't really mean that issues of competitiveness and cost will be easier to figure out. There will have to be a transition period.

I agree with you on the issue of the middle class being caught in the middle on this.

Like I said, I'm not an ACA fan. I think everyone should have basic coverage as a matter of the fact that we are citizens of the US - just like citizens of other countries get coverage because of THEIR citizenship.

Then, if someone wants more than the basic coverage, they can talk to an insurance company on their own dime.

jmho: Being an American should be better than being a Brit or a Frog or a Dutchman or ...

Like when Democrats gave America a few hours to read Obamacare?
View attachment 105176

Harry Reid (D-USSR)

convened the senate IN SECRET at 2 am on a snowy Christmas eve

NONE of the Senators read the over 2000 pages bill

through parliamentary maneuvers the minority Republicans were NOT allowed to object

and for those reasons

Obama Hellcare must be abolished immediately if not sooner.

Bullshit

The final vote was out in the open and celebrated
Here America, come and get a copy and give us your feedback in the next 20 minutes.
There is good reason Democrats are now irrelevant in American politics.
View attachment 105246

Doesn't take long to read this

GOP-let-em-die.jpg
The hyperbole from the left is why Democrats have 1,030 less State and Federal seats under Obama.
Still looking for the GOP healthcare plan

What can be so hard?

worked well for me.

WELL NOW!

I guess that's that. :D

Forum List

Back