Sen. Cotton calls for targeted 'Decoupling' from China

You have not given "sound reasons" to fear kids coming here seeking education,
Kids?

they are college students from a hostile country with lots of money that the greedy American academics salivate over

and will do practically anything to please

Do you know what country has the largest population in the world?
What you offer as an excuse, I see as a prime reason to bar chinese students from studying in the US

Having so many chinese students in America gives the CCP undo influence on US campus’
Colleges make a shit ton more on students who don’t live in the state vs students who do. So universities love these cash cows.

...At the beginning of the century, only one in 10 Chinese students returned to China after studying abroad. In 2017, it was eight in 10.

And?

Your boyfriend didn't say "more students are returning home after completing their studies," he said "virtually ALL." If the two of you had one working brain cell between you, you might have considered what changes have taken place with American immigration policy and the Chinese economy during that time interval.
What do the changes have to do with the fact that virtually all of the Chinese students who come to America go back to ch8na after they graduate?

We didn’t ask or say why they go back. We simply stated they do.

But I am curious why you think they are going instead of staying. Is it republicans anti immigrant attitude? I agree. A lot of foreigners don’t want to come here when 40% of our population wants to terrorize them.

Colleges make a shit ton more on students who don’t live in the state vs students who do. So universities love these cash cows.
Yes, and by educating the chinese that means fewer Americans get educated at that university

Kids. I have been talking about students k-12 as well as college.
K-12 is an immigration topic

the issue I raised was foreign chinese students attending our universities

which you cant defend so you try to move the goalposts

If you ran a business and could charge one person $10,000 and me only $5000 who are you going to do business with?
I get it

Tell the guy with a bad case of Yellow Fever who is defending the greedy universities

If you ran a business and could charge one person $10,000 and me only $5000 who are you going to do business with?
I get it

Tell the guy with a bad case of Yellow Fever who is defending the greedy universities
You know what? This is another loophole the rich probably use to get away with their money getting them into school compared to cheating on the sat.

We know colleges favor out of state students because they pay more. So my nephew gets into great schools around the country and he is taking the place of some kid who maybe had better grades but he wasn’t accepted because they maxed out their enrollment at Perdue or duke.

I get it

You know what? This is another loophole the rich probably use to get away with their money getting them into school compared to cheating on the sat.

We know colleges favor out of state students because they pay more. So my nephew gets into great schools around the country and he is taking the place of some kid who maybe had better grades but he wasn’t accepted because they maxed out their enrollment at Perdue or duke.
So many chinese students are certainly locking out American kids

I get it

In more ways than you know. Did you know in the United States there may be more illegal chinese than mexicans? Every Chinese restaurant you go to is hiring illegals in the back. They can’t speak English. We’ve all seen them. Well American kids could be working those jobs. They’d of course have to pay our kids $10 hr not $2 a day like they pay their illegals.

Kids. I have been talking about students k-12 as well as college.
K-12 is an immigration topic

the issue I raised was foreign chinese [sic] students attending our universities

which you cant defend so you try to move the goalposts

I have made it clear what I was talking about from the start. YOU have been so preoccupied with your spineless fear that you haven't been paying attention.

I get it

Economics major? :rolleyes:

Two buffoons trying to talk about things they know nothing about. ^^^^^^^^^

Wrong?

UC Berkley accepts every American student who applies?

Of course it doesnt

It has a limited enrollment just like every other top college

and every chinese student Berkley accepts means one less American

I have made it clear what I was talking about from the start. YOU have been so preoccupied with your spineless fear that you haven't been paying attention.
You are the only person on this thread trying to weave chinese immigrants into a topic about mainland chinese college students

Forum List

Back