Zone1 Self Checkout Is A Failed Experiment

There is a key difference. There is no partial theft of a tank of gas. Either you pay for all of it or none of it.

Thieves at retail outlets can use the self pay option to steal the expensive items while paying for the inexpensive items. All they have to do is move the product near the scanner but not close enough for the scanner to add the product to the bill. In the process of saving the $12 they would pay the cashier each hour, the store loses hundreds due to theft.

Says a lot more about the moral fibre of American than it does self-check-out.

Exactly, the other countries of the world don't even need to have prisons because their people are so moral...except for the fact that all the other countries do have prisons.

They do, but we are the tops when it comes to putting our citizens in prison....

1704053351144.png

1704053390175.png

Love self checkout or even better. If any shops at Sam's club, using the Sam's Club app the ability to scan and pay for items on app and avoid lines all together is amazing!

What should happen is if you use self check out, you get a small rebate or discount for doing the work yourself.

I mostly prefer self checkout, but there is a tendency of the machines at one store to fail to accept coins. Then I wait for the machine minder to reset it or something. And many self checkouts are card only, which I may notice too late. So I occasionally walk past them to a cashier.

Forum List

Back