Zone1 Self Checkout Is A Failed Experiment

Self checkout has been a godsend for me. As a real male, I buy things, I don’t shop. I know what I want and where it is before I get to the store. With self checkout, I’ve been in and out of the store in under 15 minutes every time. This was especially helpful in me avoiding the Chinese plague for two years.

Due to your group refusing to believe that inflation has been slowly going down.
WALLMART has been raising the prices on its Great value brand.
Taking advantage of using inflation as cover to price gouge you.

Due to your group refusing to believe that inflation has been slowly going down.
Inflation reduction means prices are still going UP but more slowly. This is the same semantics as deficit reduction.
Democrats should not be allowed to vote. Incompetency and sheer stupidity.

So...you only use full service gas?
There is a key difference. There is no partial theft of a tank of gas. Either you pay for all of it or none of it.

Thieves at retail outlets can use the self pay option to steal the expensive items while paying for the inexpensive items. All they have to do is move the product near the scanner but not close enough for the scanner to add the product to the bill. In the process of saving the $12 they would pay the cashier each hour, the store loses hundreds due to theft.

There is a key difference. There is no partial theft of a tank of gas. Either you pay for all of it or none of it.

Thieves at retail outlets can use the self pay option to steal the expensive items while paying for the inexpensive items. All they have to do is move the product near the scanner but not close enough for the scanner to add the product to the bill. In the process of saving the $12 they would pay the cashier each hour, the store loses hundreds due to theft.

The local Wally World removed all but 4 manned registers, and rarely opened even those after a big remodeling, at both locations near here. In the last two months they've added a whole row of manned registers, and of course have to hire several employees to watch the 'unmanned' ones. lol they might as well run manned registers if they're paying that many to stand around.

They're taking advantage of squeezing other suppliers out of business, usually by denying them shelf space or charging them outrageous rents. Now that Kroger's and Tom Thumb have been swallowed up, there is even less competition, which in turn means they can jack up prices even higher. They know nobody in govt. cares.

@Andylusion

Everything went up. What will you do? Open your own store and sell at a loss?

They are watching on camera supposedly. More watchers than checkers lol!

The local Wally World removed all but 4 manned registers, and rarely opened even those after a big remodeling, at both locations near here. In the last two months they've added a whole row of manned registers, and of course have to hire several employees to watch the 'unmanned' ones. lol they might as well run manned registers if they're paying that many to stand around.

Yeah but one runs four self checkout at least.

I'm already mad the chips are busted up smashed into the rack. Maybe anarchist scum handle them and bust up more.

At self I can handle my chips with care.

Going to answer the question now?

Bullshit.

They're taking advantage of squeezing other suppliers out of business, usually by denying them shelf space or charging them outrageous rents. Now that Kroger's and Tom Thumb have been swallowed up, there is even less competition, which in turn means they can jack up prices even higher. They know nobody in govt. cares.

You are so full of shit your breath stinks.

Going to answer the question now?

Bullshit.

You are so full of shit your breath stinks.

Feed us some more of your ridiculous anecdotal stories about grocery sacking horrors. lol they funny, and of course utter bullshit.

I got a bagful of shopping, no booze and no knives etc.. and the self checkout flashed red, it needed authorisation. I said to the assistant, "What on earth does it think I've bought that needs authorisation?". She looked at the receipt and said, "Calpol". Apparently (UK), you have to be over 16 to buy it because it contains paracetamol. The vet prescribed it for my little dog cos he has a sore leg.

I thinks Booths in the UK scrapped all the self checkouts and has gone back to human cashiers. Supermarkets should follow suit.

We're breeding generations to interact with the world through phones and computers, with minimal human contact along the way.

serves them right!

is it safe to say the host of the article is correct?

Not at all.

I read your bullshit article and it does not describe anything I see.

Self-checkout flows very well and if there is an issue, it is quickly resolved. The last time I had to stand in line for a regular cashier (and I am in now way blaming her), it was an eternity.

I rarely stand in line at the self check out line.

Forum List

Back