Supermarket self checkout....I'm a fan!

I usually use my debit card now.....but I closed out a bank account and they gave me a bunch of $100s so I used one of them the other day and the lady at the register almost freaked. It was like trying to cash a check.

I usually use my debit card now.....but I closed out a bank account and they gave me a bunch of $100s so I used one of them the other day and the lady at the register almost freaked. It was like trying to cash a check.
Yeah.... Had that experience.

Yep.....putting everyone on the edge of bankruptcy and homelessness to you is for the better.
Who are these "everyone" you speak of?

I have no credit card debt - I buy everything on credit cards and pay them off each month. Great for the rewards that you exchange for $100 gift cards.

I've been sinking everything I can into a 4.65% savings account that earns hundreds of dollars per month.

Did you blow all your money with Goldline or Trump Steaks? Invest in My Pillow?

I have no credit card debt - I buy everything on credit cards and pay them off each month. Great for the rewards that you exchange for $100 gift cards.

I've been sinking everything I can into a 4.65% savings account that earns hundreds of dollars per month.

Like the typical asshole Democrat you only think of yourself and FUCK everyone else......especially the poor you motherf*ckers claim you're looking out for.

The median income American.
Let's see....about 180 million people?

First, someone is out of a job.
No. They aren’t. Anyone who wants a cashier job can walk into a Walmart and get hired on the spot. Not a single person is being deprived of a job.

Second, the line is just as long as when there was a checker working
Not anywhere I shop. The self self checkout areas at Meijer and Walmart move way quicker than the cashier lanes

third, the thing never works right and then I have to wait for someone to come 'fix' the damn thing.
This has been happening less as the system improves. I can’t remember last time this happened to me
Fourth, if I buy paint, alcohol, electronics or otc drugs, I have to wait for someone to come check my id.
paint?

Like the typical asshole Democrat you only think of yourself and FUCK everyone else......especially the poor you motherf*ckers claim you're looking out for.
If the poor are stupid enough to vote for Republicans, then they are beyond help. And every single thing that Democrats have tried to do to help the poor and middle-class, you oppose.

I guess i'll get used to self checkouts sooner or later, i just find all this technology having a woman's voice telling me i'm wrong a tad distressing.....~S~

The median income American.
Let's see....about 180 million people?
I've been a working musician my entire life. I'm pretty sure I don't make more money than most of the people here who have careers with corporations, with the attending benefits. I don't even get sick days, never mind employer contributions to anything or health care.

So why aren't I hurting like these 180 million who can't seem to manage their money or resist buying shit they don't need or who eat fast food and restaurants because they're too lazy to cook, or who buy cars and houses they can't afford and who just throw shit into their shopping carts without ever thinking about how much they're spending for outrageous price-per-pound. I could go on.

I guess i'll get used to self checkouts sooner or later, i just find all this technology having a woman's voice telling me i'm wrong a tad distressing.....~S~
They should get Samuel L. Jackson to do it in his angry voice.

"Are you old enough to buy this wine, motherfucker?"

One data point in 330,000,000.

That is such a convincing argument.

I'm not sure what the big fuss is but I do know that at one point in time not too long ago I grew very weary of waiting for 25 and 30 minutes in a checkout line especially when there was a malfunction at the register or somebody's credit card or debit card just wouldn't work. Many times I had a carriage full of goods at Walmart and grew so tired of the wait that while I was standing in line I replaced the entire carriage with an Amazon order... sent it in.... then simply pushed the carriage aside and walked out the door. There was nothing that I was so desperate for that I couldn't wait another day or two for. Now with Walmart's new self checkout everything is zippity zap quick! Before I enter the line I make sure all the barcodes are turned up and in a matter of 30 seconds with a furious flash of laser lines and a soliloquy of beeps I'm checked out! I realize that some people have a tremendous amount of trouble with it but for me it's the best thing that's ever happened to the retail industry.

Jo
"Now with Walmart's new self checkout everything is zippity zap quick!"...

Did you just get out of the joint, or hospital or something? Walmart has peen predominantly self checkout for many, many years...

I personally don't like to use the self checkout....I just don't use it..... until there is no other possibility

I prefer to wait a minute or so, and be served by a human cashier! :biggrin:
Yet another reason I prefer to shop at Publix...

I get treated like a criminal in self checkout. Lol I'm a young Hispanic looking guy, so I rarely get past a greeter without being shook down for a receipt. I usually just hand it to them and keep walking.
Yeah that shit is annoying. I'm surprised no enterprising TicToc'r hasn't started a trend where, once hassled for your receipt, you immediately tern to the customer service desk, and demand a full refund. If one out of five folks started doing this religiously; that'd put an end to that shit within a month. Plus it'd make great viral content...

No. They aren’t. Anyone who wants a cashier job can walk into a Walmart and get hired on the spot. Not a single person is being deprived of a job.
That automation is taking the place of a person.

Not anywhere I shop. The self self checkout areas at Meijer and Walmart move way quicker than the cashier lanes
Not in this part of the world.

This has been happening less as the system improves. I can’t remember last time this happened to me
Maybe people are smarter where you live, I doubt it, but maybe.
paint? Gotta show id to buy paint here.

That will sometimes set off the anti-theft measures at each register, because after each scan it expects to see the weight of that item in the bagging area.
Oh look; Synth got one right for once.

Happy New Year! :D

I'm not sure what the big fuss is but I do know that at one point in time not too long ago I grew very weary of waiting for 25 and 30 minutes in a checkout line especially when there was a malfunction at the register or somebody's credit card or debit card just wouldn't work. Many times I had a carriage full of goods at Walmart and grew so tired of the wait that while I was standing in line I replaced the entire carriage with an Amazon order... sent it in.... then simply pushed the carriage aside and walked out the door. There was nothing that I was so desperate for that I couldn't wait another day or two for. Now with Walmart's new self checkout everything is zippity zap quick! Before I enter the line I make sure all the barcodes are turned up and in a matter of 30 seconds with a furious flash of laser lines and a soliloquy of beeps I'm checked out! I realize that some people have a tremendous amount of trouble with it but for me it's the best thing that's ever happened to the retail industry.

Jo

I prefer self check out

Forum List

Back