Zone1 Selective human liquidation.

there4eyeM

unlicensed metaphysician
Jul 5, 2012
If one could find some unique genetic signature through which an entire group of humans could be eliminated, it would be worse than the bomb. With all the intensive work and study dedicated to every aspect of the genome, no possibility can be rejected. For instance, what if China discovered a particularly Indian trait that made 80% of the population vulnerable to a fatal virus. China's position in the world would be immensely increased if India disappeared.
Who has some kind of interest in controlling "racial" groups?
What particular groups make primary targets?

You've been watching too many spy movies.
Not recently, to be honest. Nor reading any, either. This scenario has been running around my head for quite a while and here it is.
There are obvious "racial" targets by the usual suspects, but, like the bomb, this would only be available to a tiny select few.
And it could work both ways. What if the Americans found that Americans were at great risk on a genetic point. They might find the corrective measures and forestall an attack.
The worst thing I've thought of so far is that there would be on point on which every human was susceptible and that a group would protect themselves and then push the button on all the rest.

ideologues are an overhyped threat! ;)
As the term was used it was meant to include religions. In any case, more people have died from ideological causes than from wars, which themselves can often be connected to ideology.

True. Ideologues, however, set their "faith" above everything else.
any ideology, religion or otherwise, still needs an economy ;),
although one could argue that ideologues 'can always get their clients elsewhere'.

until they run out of public-relations coins, of course.
historians and the (social) media will see to that.

and ideologies persist, morph, evolve, over the decades and centuries.
they get renamed, which makes wars hard to prevent and stop.

look people, contrary to hated beliefs, i don't have all the answers.
at least, not yet :D

Last edited:
The marriage of ideology with genetic control is a clear danger.

Forum List

Back