Secular Coincidence Syndrome

Sure I know it, and have performed in several Shakespeare plays...
why is PC always so inhospitable in each and every thread..?
She's Korean, they live unhappy lives....

sure, he's a korean political chic concerned with proper bible credits in poetry...
But not proper credit for Shakespeare quotes....

The fact that even you knew the source proves my point, Horshack.

it's inhospitable to leave my simple questions unanswered. surely, jesus would not approve.

yeah really stupid blather from racists

You can prove that you aren't the stupid one with a more articulate post: who are the 'racists,' and where is the indication of same?

If you are a Liberal, forget the request.....I wouldn't dream of asking you to perform above your ability.

Lego_fishing.jpg

It's not coincidence. Secular progs are liars and criminals, and their lying criminality permeates everything they do.

they're laughing at you, allie... :itsok:

You have yet to 'confront' the OP.

Changing the subject is avoiding the essence of the OP.

You mean you didn't know that?

who claimed the song lyric in the OP was a direct bible quote?

See....now I've embarrassed you into an attempt to confront the OP.....and the result is no more than sophomoric.

Did you actually think before you posted "who claimed the song lyric in the OP was a direct bible quote?"....or do you like being as surprised as everyone else?

The reference to God, and the misconflating 'turning stone to bread' clearly identify the source.....

'As God has shown us by turning stone to bread.'

Or...would you like to claim you read it in Lord of the Rings or Green Eggs and Ham????

Don't pretend to be even dumber than you are.

"so how did..."

Now focus like a laser:

What does the answer to that query have to do with the despicable attempt to alter the truth of the Bible by the secularists who control your mind?

are you weakened by the fear of secularists controlling your mind?

no one ever claimed that lyric was a direct bible quote, despite your delusional OP rant. ^

btw i'm Christian, now focus like a laser and please explain where the multitude of loaves came from?

"so how did..."

Now focus like a laser:

What does the answer to that query have to do with the despicable attempt to alter the truth of the Bible by the secularists who control your mind?

are you weakened by the fear of secularists controlling your mind?

no one ever claimed that lyric was a direct bible quote, despite your delusional OP rant. ^

"no one ever claimed that lyric was a direct bible quote"

See...now I have to reconsider a number of my posts, the ones where I've called Liberals "lying fools."

You, instead, are a fool who is a liar.

This...'As God has shown us by turning stone to bread.'

....you claim......does not refer to this:

2 And after He had fasted forty days and forty nights, He then became hungry. 3And the tempter came and said to Him, "If You are the Son of God, command that these stones become bread."4But He answered and said, "It is written, 'MAN SHALL NOT LIVE ON BREAD ALONE, BUT ON EVERY WORD THAT PROCEEDS OUT OF THE MOUTH OF GOD.'"…
Matthew 2-4

The whistle on that train of thought is barely audible….

You have spent far too many sessions hissing at Emmanuel Goldstein.

btw i'm Christian, now focus like a laser and please explain where the multitude of loaves came from?

Whether or not you are Christian is not germane.

You being really, really stupid, is.
Well, gee whiz. This waste of bandwidth thread has gone the way of every other waste of bandwidth thread opened by PC, the wannabe Mullah.

A rote list of of phony, cut and paste "quotes" which when challenged are indefensible which leads to the typical PC tactic of juvenile name-calling, stomping of feet and whining like a petulant child.

5. "To be fair, the New York Times eventually issued a correction about the Yeats’ quote.Here's what they said:

Correction: December 21, 2011
An obituary on Thursday about George Whitman, the longtime owner of the Shakespeare & Company bookstore in Paris, referred incorrectly to a quotation written on a wall of his store. The words “Be not inhospitable to strangers, lest they be angels in disguise” are a variation on a passage from the Bible; although Mr. Whitman himself attributed them to the poet W.B. Yeats, they were not written by Yeats.

...[but it] wasn't just the Times (and the late Mr. Whitman) who got it wrong. It was also the Associated Press. NPR put up the AP version of their obituary right way. The BBC reported erroneously on the quote, too. ...

... have you ever heard the old adage, "a lie goes around the world, before the truth can get its boots on." Here's yet another example of the truth in that statement, especially in this hyper-electronic age.

...it's no secret that Manhattan and Hollywood cultural elites [read 'secularists' or Leftists] are deeply secular. There's a reason many of them consider the middle of America "fly-over country". Since at least H.L. Mencken, many secular elites think those who actually read the Bible need to be educated away from such nonsense. So the ignorance they often show about religion can be staggering. I remember two prominent instances." Does Anyone in the Media Ever Read the Bible Fox News

Or....perhaps it isn't ignorance about religion.....

The NYTimes, the AP, NPR, and the BBC- the usual suspects....none had the time nor the interest to get the citation right.....must have been an accident, not crediting the Bible....

Yup.....just an accident.....

The lyricist probably mixed up the temptation fable with the tale of the loaves and fishes. This was pre-Google, so they would actually have had to open up the bible and check their accuracy. And misquoting the bible is not exclusive to secular folks (of which the singers of "We are the World" were not all, by any means). :rolleyes:

".... the ignorance they often show about religion can be staggering. I remember two prominent instances.

a. The first was when I heard that patting-ourselves-on-the-back anthem "We Are the World" on FM radio 25 years ago. In his solo,Willie Nelson warbled: "As God has shown us, by turning stone to bread..."

Did Willie really sing that Jesus had turned stone into bread? Yikes. Um, that's not quite what happened, Willie. What actually happened was that Jesus refused to turn stone to bread. And do you remember who tried to get him to turn stone to bread? That's right, Willie: it was um, Satan, as in Lucifer.

b. ...(second) when a secular Manhattan friend revealed that he didn't know who had come up with the Golden Rule. When told it was Jesus (Matthew 7:12) he didn't believe it. And this is a brilliant man, who knows just about everything there is to know. But in the world of Manhattan cultural elites, the Bible is mostly thought of as a quaint and useless artifact, like that old colonial butterchurn near the fireplace in your country home. Did it really ever make butter?"
Does Anyone in the Media Ever Read the Bible Fox News

I'm gonna reveal the where and why of this Sub Rosa attack on religion....hold on.

5. "To be fair, the New York Times eventually issued a correction about the Yeats’ quote.Here's what they said:

Correction: December 21, 2011
An obituary on Thursday about George Whitman, the longtime owner of the Shakespeare & Company bookstore in Paris, referred incorrectly to a quotation written on a wall of his store. The words “Be not inhospitable to strangers, lest they be angels in disguise” are a variation on a passage from the Bible; although Mr. Whitman himself attributed them to the poet W.B. Yeats, they were not written by Yeats.

...[but it] wasn't just the Times (and the late Mr. Whitman) who got it wrong. It was also the Associated Press. NPR put up the AP version of their obituary right way. The BBC reported erroneously on the quote, too. ...

... have you ever heard the old adage, "a lie goes around the world, before the truth can get its boots on." Here's yet another example of the truth in that statement, especially in this hyper-electronic age.

...it's no secret that Manhattan and Hollywood cultural elites [read 'secularists' or Leftists] are deeply secular. There's a reason many of them consider the middle of America "fly-over country". Since at least H.L. Mencken, many secular elites think those who actually read the Bible need to be educated away from such nonsense. So the ignorance they often show about religion can be staggering. I remember two prominent instances." Does Anyone in the Media Ever Read the Bible Fox News

Or....perhaps it isn't ignorance about religion.....

The NYTimes, the AP, NPR, and the BBC- the usual suspects....none had the time nor the interest to get the citation right.....must have been an accident, not crediting the Bible....

Yup.....just an accident.....
Not an accident at all. It was a global conspiracy involving the NYTimes, the AP, NPR, PETA, The Gay and Lesbian Alliance, ISIS and the BBC, while the commercial was filmed in Korea.

The lyricist probably mixed up the temptation fable with the tale of the loaves and fishes. This was pre-Google, so they would actually have had to open up the bible and check their accuracy. And misquoting the bible is not exclusive to secular folks (of which the singers of "We are the World" were not all, by any means). :rolleyes:

Now that's an interesting defense of the secularists at the NYTimes, the AP, NPR, the BBC, etc......
....heck....how could they have know about the Bible before Google????

Seeing as how popular the Bible is, ya' think maybe ever Bible-haters might have called up an expert?

Was that before the telephone?
Hardly:

"It is my heart-warm and world-embracing Christmas hope and aspiration that all of us, the high, the low, the rich, the poor, the admired, the despised, the loved, the hated, the civilized, the savage (every man and brother of us all throughout the whole earth), may eventually be gathered together in a heaven of everlasting rest and peace and bliss, except the inventor of the telephone."
This Mark Twain quote was published in "Christmas Greetings," Boston Daily Globe, December 25, 1890

My explanation seems more reasonable.

6. "I searched everywhere online and everyone says Michael (Jackson) was ignorant and didn't know Scripture, made an honest mistake, or some said it shows his true colours that he's simply speaking from Satan himself.

It is said they changed the line for the Olympics because it was too controversial, but seems everyone on line noticed it, so I think it was intentional so that people would take a closer look. Michael is a perfectionist. He once said, he meant what he sang and only sang it if he meant it.

Now the theme of this song obviously has nothing to do with temptation as most people associate that line with the temptation of Christ where the devil says Jesus should turn stones to bread to show He is truly the Messiah, but of course Jesus declares to him, 'Man shall not live by bread alone but by every word that proceeds out of the mouth of God.'"

Michael Jackson Death Hoax Investigators View topic - Stones to bread digging spiritually deeper

The message of the original line from the Bible is about avoiding temptation....

...but the larger one, and one that speaks to our society, is that materialism....Marxism.....is a failure in a major test of life choices....man does not live by bread alone, i.e., physical things

7. And here's an even greater coincidence.....know where the hatred of religion originates? From the same source as secularism itlself....

"Just because any religious idea, any idea of any god at all, any flirtation even with a god, is the most inexpressible foulness, particularly tolerantly (and often even favourably) accepted by the democraticbourgeoisie—for that very reason it is the most dangerousfoulness, the most shameful “infection.” A million physical sins, dirty tricks, acts of violence and infections are much more easily discovered by the crowd, and therefore are much less dangerous, than thenubile, spiritual idea of god, dressed up in the most attractive “ideological” costumes." Letter from Lenin to Maxim Gorky, Written on November 13 or 14, 1913Lenin 55. TO MAXIM GORKY

Forum List

Back