Second term, the President needs better vetting for judges

Ray From Cleveland

Diamond Member
Aug 16, 2015
Federal judge says Idaho cannot ban transgender athletes from women's sports teams

(CNN)A federal judge says transgender women and girls in Idaho cannot be banned from sports teams corresponding to their gender, blocking an Idaho law that attempted to do so.

Gov. Brad Little signed the "Fairness in Women's Sports Act" in March, which would not allow athletes to participate on a women's team without first verifying that person's "internal and external reproductive anatomy" if her sex is disputed. But Judge David Nye granted a motion for a preliminary injunction against the act Monday.

Nye said Idaho did not provide sufficient reasons for the law to exist.

"The State has not identified a legitimate interest served by the Act that the preexisting rules in Idaho did not already address, other than an invalid interest of excluding transgender women and girls from women's sports entirely, regardless of their physiological characteristics," Nye wrote.

Seems that this guy is just as disappointing as Kavanaugh. I think the President is in such a rush to pick judges just to get the task out of the way, that he or his people there are not doing a good job of conducting research for good judges.

Judge Nye can't see a good reason for males to compete in male sports and females to compete in female sports only? How about the fact that even if some weirdo wears a dress, he still has the male characteristics of muscle tone and size? How about it's cheating females out of possible scholarships for college they rightly deserve? How about a male is likely to cause a more serious injury to a female in contact sports than another female?

For your second term, please slow down President Trump when it comes to picking judges.

He was relying overly much on old RINO Bush people.

He wont do that next time.

We have a lot of eventual retirees in the next four years, and God Willing Trump will appoint the replacements of every one of them.

But I am still not tired of WINNING!

We have a lot of eventual retirees in the next four years, and God Willing Trump will appoint the replacements of every one of them.

Agree. I won't vote against the President over a few bad apples, but he appointed well over a hundred judges in his three and a half years, and that's a hell of a lot of people to put in these positions. One of the biggest reasons to vote for Trump are good judges.

I would again in this case reference the severe effect mental illness is having on our society.
It has gone so far that many elected and appointed officials are now considered acceptable, even with severe mental issues, such as this judge.

One would have to be mentally challenged to say that females and males can compete fairly and equally against one another.

I would again in this case reference the severe effect mental illness is having on our society.
It has gone so far that many elected and appointed officials are now considered acceptable, even with severe mental issues, such as this judge.

One would have to be mentally challenged to say that females and males can compete fairly and equally against one another.

The left used to talk about the war on women because of our objection to mandatory birth control pills. This is the real war on women. They are cheating hard working athletes by putting these weirdos in competition with girls.

I don't know who this judge is, but I dug him up on Wiki to find out how he got on the bench, and it was President Trump. The guy will be 62 in October so hopefully he'll take an early retirement or something. I also have no idea how his record is when it comes to judgements. Maybe this is just a fluke? I don't know.

Agree. I won't vote against the President over a few bad apples, but he appointed well over a hundred judges in his three and a half years, and that's a hell of a lot of people to put in these positions. One of the biggest reasons to vote for Trump are good judges.

Trump is already over 200 judges and will be 300ish by the end of his first term.

RBG already coughs dust. Can they keep her on life support four more years?

The Republicans need better vetting of their party nominees..Trump should serve as a good lesson what happens when you let demagogues take over the ticket.

The left used to talk about the war on women because of our objection to mandatory birth control pills. This is the real war on women. They are cheating hard working athletes by putting these weirdos in competition with girls.

I don't know who this judge is, but I dug him up on Wiki to find out how he got on the bench, and it was President Trump. The guy will be 62 in October so hopefully he'll take an early retirement or something. I also have no idea how his record is when it comes to judgements. Maybe this is just a fluke? I don't know.

It's hard to find enough originalist judges. Conservative judges who aren't originalists still think they can legislate from the bench. Then it's just a short putt to which side they legislate one or the other. Look at the terrible rulings from most of the judges on the bench. Of the current judges, Clarence Thomas is consistently the best one

Trump is already over 200 judges and will be 300ish by the end of his first term.

Hope so.

Over 200 actually

Jo

Federal judge says Idaho cannot ban transgender athletes from women's sports teams

(CNN)A federal judge says transgender women and girls in Idaho cannot be banned from sports teams corresponding to their gender, blocking an Idaho law that attempted to do so.

Gov. Brad Little signed the "Fairness in Women's Sports Act" in March, which would not allow athletes to participate on a women's team without first verifying that person's "internal and external reproductive anatomy" if her sex is disputed. But Judge David Nye granted a motion for a preliminary injunction against the act Monday.

Nye said Idaho did not provide sufficient reasons for the law to exist.

"The State has not identified a legitimate interest served by the Act that the preexisting rules in Idaho did not already address, other than an invalid interest of excluding transgender women and girls from women's sports entirely, regardless of their physiological characteristics," Nye wrote.

Seems that this guy is just as disappointing as Kavanaugh. I think the President is in such a rush to pick judges just to get the task out of the way, that he or his people there are not doing a good job of conducting research for good judges.

Judge Nye can't see a good reason for males to compete in male sports and females to compete in female sports only? How about the fact that even if some weirdo wears a dress, he still has the male characteristics of muscle tone and size? How about it's cheating females out of possible scholarships for college they rightly deserve? How about a male is likely to cause a more serious injury to a female in contact sports than another female?

For your second term, please slow down President Trump when it comes to picking judges.

Sooooo this asshole wants a dress lift check first before saying foul?

Yeah.... How did that one get by Trump?

Jo

Over 200 actually

Jo

Thank you for the correction Jo.

Over 200 actually

Jo

Thank you for the correction Jo.

It's actually an amazing feat though I agree with you perhaps some speed could have been sacrificed for a little more quality.

Jo

It's hard to find enough originalist judges. Conservative judges who aren't originalists still think they can legislate from the bench. Then it's just a short putt to which side they legislate one or the other. Look at the terrible rulings from most of the judges on the bench. Of the current judges, Clarence Thomas is consistently the best one

And he's not getting any younger either. I think the Supreme is the most important court, but half the cases shouldn't have to end up there with good lower court judges. It doesn't have to be a hardline originalist, but at least somebody that can determine a guy is a guy and a girl is a girl without question. This decision makes me wonder what his last ones were like.

And he's not getting any younger either. I think the Supreme is the most important court, but half the cases shouldn't have to end up there with good lower court judges. It doesn't have to be a hardline originalist, but at least somebody that can determine a guy is a guy and a girl is a girl without question. This decision makes me wonder what his last ones were like.
I mean.....is it too much to ask?

Jo

The Republicans need better vetting of their party nominees..Trump should serve as a good lesson what happens when you let demagogues take over the ticket.

And what happened? Best economy in nearly 50 years. Healthy growing stock market. Record number of low unemployment since records have been kept for all minority groups. Fantastic border and immigration policies that led to a 90% reduction in crossings since May of 2019. Better trade policies with our trading partners.

We vetted our nominees during the debates, and Trump won hands down. I can't think of anybody out of all those people that could have come close to what Trump has done for his party and the country as a whole.

I mean.....is it too much to ask?

Jo

I guess it is for this judge.

She has no chance at 4 more years. She might barely make it to the end of this Trump term. Her illnesses (and serious ones at that) are becoming more frequent in spite of how good a fighter she is.

Forum List

Back