SCOTUS will soon decide whether favoring blacks and discriminating against whites and Asians in college admissions violates the Constitution

Lisa558

Diamond Member
Oct 12, 2021
After 40+ years of adjusting admissions standards to admit blacks while rejecting better qualified whites (and later, Asians), the SCOTUS will decide whether it is in violation of the Constitution to do so. The vast majority of Americans (73% of Americans in a poll taken in 2019) believe it is time to abolish these racist policies, and there is a hope that with a majority of Constitutionalists seated, and a minority of agenda-driven liberal activists, we will finally reach the point that college applicants “will not be judged by the color of their skin,” as MLK so wanted.

Note. Since this article was written, the affirmative action SCOTUS pick - who benefitted from a racially-driven preference herself - has recused herself from the case.

Last edited:
Why is Gator laughing? Does he thinks racist policies are funny? Let’s see what the SCOTUS says before making light of judging people based on skin color.

The Court will find some excuse to discriminate against two ethnicities in order to make room for another ethnicity.

It is simply the current zeitgeist in this nation to do everything possible for a certain ethnicity.

I don't envy the SCOTUS members as they weigh need with privilege, the rule of law with human hate.
Need and privilege are separate from race. I’ve said before that, after working in higher ed admissions myself and seeing motivated bright white boys from modest backgrounds rejected in favor of lower-scoring blacks simply based on skin color that AA should be SES-based, not racially based.

Last edited:
This is why we need judges who follow the law and the constitution. Harvard, like many other universities, is clearly violating the law both in admissions and hiring practices.

The Court will find some excuse to discriminate against two ethnicities in order to make room for another ethnicity.

It is simply the current zeitgeist in this nation to do everything possible for a certain ethnicity.
They tried to “split the difference” in a earlier decision (Grutter case, about 20 years ago) in which they decided that race could be considered but it couldn’t be the sole factor. In a statement revealing the compromise nature of the decision, the SCOTUS said that pro-black favoritism would be needed for only another couple of decades.

It’s time.

If it is a private school, the Constitution doesnt restrict it.
If it is public, it does.
Also, all PA laws are unconstitutional. The govt has NO right to tell me who i must sell or buy private property with. Nor who i want to be around.

This is why we need judges who follow the law and the constitution. Harvard, like many other universities, is clearly violating the law both in admissions and hiring practices.
Yup. Harvard came up with some bogus admissions test in which like-ability was scored, and they gave higher scores to blacks and lower scores to Asians. They said Asians’ personalities weren’t like-able. And THESE are the le calling other people racist!

Disclosure: my admissions work was NOT for Harvard, nor NC (the other school in the SCOTUS case).

Also, all PA laws are unconstitutional. The govt has NO right to tell me who i must sell or buy private property with. Nor who i want to be around.
Then all racist universities should not be getting federal funds.

China is laughing all the way to the bank. They will eat our lunch once they start producing large passenger jets and electric vehicles and all types of green merchandise for the environment.

They get federal funding so I think that erases their protection from discrimination based on protected classes in the civil rights bills.

I don't see how anyone could take an objective look at "affirmative action" and not conclude that it's racism...
Except we see that leftists accept racism all the time - IF it goes against whites. Was it not racist to declare that all whites would be excluded from the SCOTUS pick? Was it not racist to distribute COVID medicines to blacks before whites (in some liberal areas)?

Except we see that leftists accept racism all the time - IF it goes against whites. Was it not racist to declare that all whites would be excluded from the SCOTUS pick? Was it not racist to distribute COVID medicines to blacks before whites (in some liberal areas)?

Oh, absolutely.

Negroes have no problem with racist conduct and/or policies when they benefit from them, because it means they don't have to do anything other than be black. Unfortunately, many coloreds, like IM2 and Paul Essien here on USMB, were raised that way, so they know nothing of hard work, sacrifice and achieving something of value...

Forum List

Back