Zone1 A solution to AA that still gives underscoring blacks opportunity to go to a prestigious college without disadvantaging whites and Asians

That happened to me in my last job, at a liberal non-profit. They only wanted blacks for promotions, and kicked them up to higher management even if they couldn’t do the job. The professional staff under them had to do their work for them, without the pay or recognition that came with the higher job. What happened is that there was a constant revolving door of white staff supporting black directors, who left because they were fed up covering for an incompetent boss without being paid for it.

To be fair to the woman they promoted, against my advice, the real problem was not the job itself, but dealing with the unrealistic expectations of upper management.

Eventually they reduced the scope of the job, from 30ish staff down to 8ish, and found a black woman that could handle that.

But yes, it was a huge injustice for the white staff who never got considered at all.

There was once a time - use your imagination - when "equal opportunity" was the goal. Eliminate racial discrimination, and strive to make choices purely on MERIT. It was presumed that if this goal were achieved, there would come a time when things like "affirmative action" would not be necessary. In fact, Justice Sandra Day O'Connor once wrote that she would support affirmative action one last time, because she was confident that it would be a temporary measure, and that a couple decades hence, it would not be necessary. That would have been a couple decades AGO, for reference.

But a funny thing happened on the way to utopia. American Blacks became convinced that they were ENTITLED to things like affirmative action, and there was no need for them to strive to gain these bennies (jobs, admissions, promotions, and the like) on merit. So they cruise along, getting undeserved grades (etc) and wondering why they might be excluded because of low standardized test scores.

And that's where we are now.

Every right-thinking "white" person in America wants Blacks to succeed massively, on merit. Note the demographics of full-to-bursting NBA venues. But when the President nominates blithering incompetents to high positions purely because of their racial identification (cant even say "skin color" in the case of the VP), it causes resentment. Understandably.

Manifestly, there is no "solution" on the political Left. They are such virulent racists that they KNOW Black people cannot succeed on merit, so they MUST be handed bennies (as above) on the basis of demographics.

Very true. My career "plans" did not work out so well. That being said, the anti-white racism we see in such situations is morally wrong and hurts us as a people and we should fight against it.
I was always called a rebel and disruptive when I discussed the issue. I was self employed because I was tired of the corporate mantra of totally submitting your freedom to conforming to their rules and that was in the 1980s. I went back to corporate America in retirement for a chief engineer job and they don't operate the same as forty years ago.

There was once a time - use your imagination - when "equal opportunity" was the goal. Eliminate racial discrimination, and strive to make choices purely on MERIT. It was presumed that if this goal were achieved, there would come a time when things like "affirmative action" would not be necessary. In fact, Justice Sandra Day O'Connor once wrote that she would support affirmative action one last time, because she was confident that it would be a temporary measure, and that a couple decades hence, it would not be necessary. That would have been a couple decades AGO, for reference.

But a funny thing happened on the way to utopia. American Blacks became convinced that they were ENTITLED to things like affirmative action, and there was no need for them to strive to gain these bennies (jobs, admissions, promotions, and the like) on merit. So they cruise along, getting undeserved grades (etc) and wondering why they might be excluded because of low standardized test scores.

And that's where we are now.

Every right-thinking "white" person in America wants Blacks to succeed massively, on merit. Note the demographics of full-to-bursting NBA venues. But when the President nominates blithering incompetents to high positions purely because of their racial identification (cant even say "skin color" in the case of the VP), it causes resentment. Understandably.

Manifestly, there is no "solution" on the political Left. They are such virulent racists that they KNOW Black people cannot succeed on merit, so they MUST be handed bennies (as above) on the basis of demographics.
I can name you more whites promoted that were incompetent to the position of VP than the minorities in the same position.

We saw the same thing with the prestigious TJ High School of the Sciences here in northern Virginia - the bastion of liberaville. The Asians were acing the entrance exam, and blacks were scoring so low that very few got in. So the libs ELIMINATED the exam, and celebrated that they quintupled the number of blacks accepted. Problem is, they dumbed down the school.
Its standard practice for the left - rewarding people who arent white that didnt earn it

When did I ever support people getting fucked?

When you respond to my post about anti-white discrimination, by pointing out that there was anti-black discrimination in the past, seemed like a defense of hte currect anti-white discrimiation.

When you respond to my post about anti-white discrimination, by pointing out that there was anti-black discrimination in the past, seemed like a defense of hte currect anti-white discrimiation.
If you can't handle the truth that is not my problem.

If you can't handle the truth that is not my problem.

DUDE. yOU asked why I thought were supporting it. My posting that was not a complaint, but an answer to that.

So, did I misunderstand your intent with that post?

DUDE. yOU asked why I thought were supporting it. My posting that was not a complaint, but an answer to that.

So, did I misunderstand your intent with that post?
I only support meritorious acquisitions I don't promote or hire the incompetent because I do not believe in the intrusion of rights by a govt. The same situation arose when Prussia allowed the bureaucracy to be populated by incompetent peasants. I will hire who I want and disregard the guidelines. Any color of human can be competent just as any color of human can be incompetent, I do not see humans as a color but as a resource of needed resources of knowledge and skill.

That’s the entire mantra of the left. When you point out the blatant anti-white racism going on this days, the defense is that blacks used to experience that in the past. So IOW, the left is fine with racism, as long as it’s against whites.

That’s the entire mantra of the left. When you point out the blatant anti-white racism going on this days, the defense is that blacks used to experience that in the past. So IOW, the left is fine with racism, as long as it’s against whites.
Then why have the Republicans never done anything to end it?

I only support meritorious acquisitions I don't promote or hire the incompetent because I do not believe in the intrusion of rights by a govt. The same situation arose when Prussia allowed the bureaucracy to be populated by incompetent peasants. I will hire who I want and disregard the guidelines. Any color of human can be competent just as any color of human can be incompetent, I do not see humans as a color but as a resource of needed resources of knowledge and skill.

So, what was your point in bringing up long past discrmination at that time?

Then why have the Republicans never done anything to end it?

Very good question. One I would be happy to address. But we were disccussing YOUR position on this issue. You asked a qeustion that implied that I misunderstood it.

What is YOUR position on this anti-white discrimiation? FOr it? Against it? Neutral?

Your normal response would be to say something vague or off topic. Why is that?

Don’t be stupid. The average SAT scores of accepted blacks is far lower than those of accepted whites.

The perversion of the original intent of Affirmative Action will stop by the 2023-24 school year, and Asians, Jews, and whites will not be subjected to higher requirements than blacks and Latinos.
What you say doesn't happen and that's all there is to it. Jews are white black and all races. You're white, your religion is Jewish.

There are no rules excluding blacks from anything

But libs are punishing whites based on skin color alone
There are no rules, but there are racists who refuse tp include blacks.

Yes, and that was a debate where I worked. Should we publish the scores and grades of accepted blacks (as an average) showing them you don’t have to be “all that” to get into a prestigious program, and thereby encourage blacks who think they don’t have a chance to apply, but risk angering whites who were rejected with far higher scores and grades?
Nobody black was admitted into your fictional school who did not meet entrance requirements. Soo stop telling that lie. Every white student at that school did not score higher than blacks. Furthermore if you have 1000 whites take tests and 200 blacks, more whites will have higher scores based on sheer numbers. This is something your racially biased arument fails to mention.

Forum List

Back