Science of race, and not an argument concerning Race Relations/Racism.

Mar 30, 2024
USA, USA, USA
Learning and thinking of "race" as a biological concept, or as a human construct is a fascinating subject. I know early on it's been white anthropologists who started to divide our species into races. Later on, anthropologists of all shades of "color" came to see the flaws in their field. And today we have many fields of science that deal with the genetics of our species. Fascinating subject.

Race is a biological concept, as applicable to fruit flies, warblers, and raccoons as to people. Zoologists tell us that a race is simply a recognizable division of what they call a polytypic species. A species is either a single population (monotypic) or a string of related populations (polytypic). The members of both types breed only within the family, so to speak. Their failure to breed at all, or successfully, with members of other species can be due to lack of opportunity, lack of interest, or inability to produce fertile offspring.

Race is just the evolution of humans who have adapted to their environment over thousands of years. Do you live in a hot place? If so, your skin will probably be darker. Kenyans adapted to a hot environment, so they conserve water better than other people and they tend to have thinner frames, but they have longer legs and arms, which makes them perfectly built for long distance running.

All humans have different advantages, depending on where their ancestors were raised and also based on their modern day environment. If you live in a culture where education is important, you will have higher IQs than places that dont. I think that centuries of education works on brains to give people higher IQ's, just as much as centuries of slavery made American blacks better athletes. American blacks are not the same as Africans, physically. I assume slavery in the US is why.

Its the same reason why farm boys are known to be big. Centuries of farming builds big strong boys.

Last edited:
Learning and thinking of "race" as a biological concept, or as a human construct is a fascinating subject. I know early on it's been white anthropologists who started to divide our species into races. Later on, anthropologists of all shades of "color" came to see the flaws in their field. And today we have many fields of science that deal with the genetics of our species. Fascinating subject.

ahhh, thanks, cap

i'm a little disappointed that no one has better ideas after 67 years, but coons seemed reassonable.

Race is just the evolution of humans who have adapted to their environment over thousands of years. Do you live in a hot place? If so, your skin will probably be darker. Kenyans adapted to a hot environment, so they conserve water better than other people and they tend to have thinner frames, but they have longer legs and arms, which makes them perfectly built for long distance running.

All humans have different advantages, depending on where their ancestors were raised and also based on their modern day environment. If you live in a culture where education is important, you will have higher IQs than places that dont. I think that centuries of education works on brains to give people higher IQ's, just as much as centuries of slavery made American blacks better athletes. American blacks are not the same as Africans, physically. I assume slavery in the US is why.

Its the same reason why farm boys are known to be big. Centuries of farming builds big strong boys.
Slavery made for better athletes? That's a very strange concept, given that
Africans excel in races(pun?), and in marathons both sprints and long distance. Some basic form of critical thinking is needed here.

Africans excel in races(pun?), and in marathons both sprints and long distance. Some basic form of critical thinking is needed here.
the ol' masters bred better athletes like they bred fighting cocks and thoroughbreds.

it is no wonder that white guys pay good money to watch black guys play sports?

Yes, being slaves who were worked to the bone produced generations of atheletes. Selective breeding likely played a part as well.

Biological races are individual taxons ... meaning they only breed with those in the same race ... what the egg-heads call "reproducive isolation" ... we have none of that among humans, we all interbreed regularly ... any beneficial mutation anywhere on the planet will eventually spread to the whole of humanity ...

That's not true with sugar maples ... a mutation west of the Rockies won't pass over and be available to the eastern population, and vice versa ... except that happened 100 million years ago and now the two populations are separate species ...

Even if you don't have the wherewithal to grasp that science shows there is no race, you should be able to see that with intermarriage and genetics we know that very few can claim anything approaching pure genetic makeup.

So American "Blacks"
Genome-wide ancestry estimates of African Americans show average proportions of 73.2% African, 24.0% European,

Now, if you had one grandparent full White and 3 not , would you hate Whites ???

Forum List

Back