School forces 25 hungry students to throw away lunches when they couldn’t pay

If you go to school, your parents are expected to send you with lunch. If you can't afford to send your kids with lunch, then you need to visit the welfare office, or look for a job so you can afford food for your kids.

That only applies to whites. If you're a negro or hispo then all you have to do is scream wacism and demand white people feed your kids.

Not all schools. Some schools put all the students on the free lunch program because those that really can't afford (or don't want to pay for) the school lunches would feel bad.

That's better than the present way which is to insist white kids pay for lunch while negro and hispo kids get it free. That's pure racism. But the best solution is to insist everybody pay.

It's standard policy for black and hispanic parents to tell their kids to NOT pay for lunch and the stupid white people will let them eat free.

School forces 25 hungry students to throw away lunches when they couldn?t pay | The Raw Story

Thursday, April 4, 2013 10:49 EDT

A group Massachusetts parents are outraged and at least one worker has been placed on administrative leave after about 25 students Robert J. Coelho Middle School in Attleboro were forced to throw away their lunches over concerns that they could not pay for the food.

Parents said that some students cried and went home hungry.

School officials told The Sun Chronicle that Whitson’s, the contractor responsible for providing lunches, made the decision to stop students from eating their lunch if there was not enough credit in the student’s pre-paid account or they were not able to provide cash for the meal.

Superintendent Pia Durkin on Wednesday said that the on-site director had been placed on administrative leave and Whitson’s had been instructed not to deny lunch to any student in the future.

the racist party

It's standard policy for black and hispanic parents to tell their kids to NOT pay for lunch and the stupid white people will let them eat free.
School forces 25 hungry students to throw away lunches when they couldn?t pay | The Raw Story

A group Massachusetts parents are outraged and at least one worker has been placed on administrative leave after about 25 students Robert J. Coelho Middle School in Attleboro were forced to throw away their lunches over concerns that they could not pay for the food.

School officials told The Sun Chronicle that Whitson’s, the contractor responsible for providing lunches, made the decision to stop students from eating their lunch if there was not enough credit in the student’s pre-paid account or they were not able to provide cash for the meal.

Superintendent Pia Durkin on Wednesday said that the on-site director had been placed on administrative leave and Whitson’s had been instructed not to deny lunch to any student in the future.

That is total horse shit.

the right wouldnt even be willing to give kids of color watermelon

TMN couldn't identify the root cause to an issue if her life depended on it.

It's not a coincidence that we see such nonsense in public schools as federal control has increased (leading to the growth of administrators outpacing the growth of students by a factor of 7:1).

Taking lunches away from students is a feature of bureaucracy run amok.

Isn't the free lunch program income based?

Who knows and who cares.? It's all done on the honor system anyway. The minority parents just say they don't have the money (cause they spend it on drugs and booze) and the school takes their word and feeds their kids for free while the white kids pay.

Yes because minorities are the only ones who get free lunch.:cuckoo: Go fuck yourself you worthless faggot.

hating on one group is not right.

you are soo very confused

TMN couldn't identify the root cause to an issue if her life depended on it.

It's not a coincidence that we see such nonsense in public schools as federal control has increased (leading to the growth of administrators outpacing the growth of students by a factor of 7:1).

Taking lunches away from students is a feature of bureaucracy run amok.

It was against policy you fool.

Its the world your party fights for though

Isn't the free lunch program income based?

Who knows and who cares.? It's all done on the honor system anyway. The minority parents just say they don't have the money (cause they spend it on drugs and booze) and the school takes their word and feeds their kids for free while the white kids pay.

Not all schools. Some schools put all the students on the free lunch program because those that really can't afford (or don't want to pay for) the school lunches would feel bad.

I actually believe that makes more sense. It's not that way here. Of course, to be truthful, my "3rd son" who's mother was on welfare would ask me to make him a lunch too, he didn't like the free lunches at school. His mom spent their food-stamps foolishly, often sending her daughter to Albertson's to buy ready made sandwiches for dinner instead of making a meal herself. They always ran out of food before they got more food-stamps. Meanwhile, I would make a real meal for less than her ready made sandwiches cost.

Not too long ago a local tv station had a "WTF" as in "Why the Fork?" promotion trying to get every to eat on $7.00 a day. I worked it out and we eat on less than that, everyday. We actually spend less on food than people get for food on welfare. That's what happens when you bake a whole chicken and use real potatoes and vegetables instead of buying ready to eat or expensive cuts of meat.

I think things should be fair. I don't think anyone should starve. I think our government should provide a box of food for each person each week or month. If you don't want the box, you don't have to get it. That way, people who are too proud to beg for help, or people who make just over the minimum to get food-stamps but have bills to pay (like mortgage, heat, sewer, water, etc) can get help without having to make themselves feel bad about it. Do away with the hot lunches and provide a sandwich, some vegetable sticks, some fruit and a drink to all kids. It would cost less and be less embarrassing for those who need help and those who need help but can't get it would be able to get it. My husband went without work for 3 years and we couldn't get food-stamps or any kind of help. We had too many assets. I had to sell my baby (a 1969 mustang convertible) and if it weren't for our friends, neighbors and family, we would have lost the house. For some strange reason I think that help should be there for people who need it on a temporary basis, not just for the people who use it for their lifelong income.

Oh, and other than providing ID, you wouldn't have to fill out any paperwork to get that box of food or the lunches. We'd save a lot in administration fees for the food-stamp program.

I think things should be fair. I don't think anyone should starve. I think our government should provide a box of food for each person each week or month.

That might work if the food was staple food - say rice, flour, sugar, and rolled oats. Food like that and you can eat for $2 a day. Most people on SNAP are lazy (obviously) and just buy ready to eat junk food and that's expensive.

I think things should be fair. I don't think anyone should starve. I think our government should provide a box of food for each person each week or month.

That might work if the food was staple food - say rice, flour, sugar, and rolled oats. Food like that and you can eat for $2 a day. Most people on SNAP are lazy (obviously) and just buy ready to eat junk food and that's expensive.

Yes, and recipes so they know how to cook things. I can turn a cheep frying chicken into 2 or 3 meals. First you have your roast chicken, then your chicken casserole and then your chicken soup.

Of course, for the boxes, it would have to be all canned and dry goods, nothing that requires refrigeration.

OMG A double whammy. A thread in which you get to blast both the public schools and show your racism for blacks and Hispanics. Cool. Too much fun, eh?

:party:

I note, again, that you type have reading comprehension problems, intentional most likely. Please note that it IS NOT THE SCHOOL that made them dump their lunches, it was the contractor, a private contractor not part of the school or school district, that made them dump their lunches. Maybe it is the case the kids don't pay, so the contractor is losing money and was pissed about it. There is no proof at all, however, that the kids who had to dump their lunches were all minorities. There are lots of kids, of every color, who will try to get out of paying if they can. Their parents give them money for 'lunch,' but they want to spend it on other things.

Last edited:
OMG A double whammy. A thread in which you get to blast both the public schools and show your racism for blacks and Hispanics. Cool. Too much fun, eh?

You're the racist not me. You say white kids should pay for meals that negro and hispo kids get for free.

in this country the day we can't give kids in school a hot lunch [thye are the future] while they are trying to learn the skills needed to succeed [they are our future] is a sad day for America !!no child should go hungry !!

in this country the day we can't give kids in school a hot lunch [thye are the future] while they are trying to learn the skills needed to succeed [they are our future] is a sad day for America !!no child should go hungry !!

And yet hot lunches are provided based on income, and too much for some who have bills to pay for. If we are going to provide them for some children, why not for all? And while we're at it, why do they have to be hot? Have you had a hot lunch at a school lately? Our elementary school lunches are all made in the central kitchen at 5am. By the time they get to the schools, they are rubbery and tasteless. Check out the waste. So much of those lunches end up in the garbage because the students can't or won't eat them.

Our junior highs and high schools have their lunches prepared fresh in their kitchens. Fresh salads, you can make your own sandwiches, those lunches are good, and the same price as the lunches at the elementary schools. Something is wrong with the school lunch program, it needs to be fixed.

Yes, and recipes so they know how to cook things. I can turn a cheep frying chicken into 2 or 3 meals. First you have your roast chicken, then your chicken casserole and then your chicken soup.

Of course, for the boxes, it would have to be all canned and dry goods, nothing that requires refrigeration.

You forgot chicken ala king. :)

(Not to mention chicken sandwiches.)

If you go to school, your parents are expected to send you with lunch. If you can't afford to send your kids with lunch, then you need to visit the welfare office, or look for a job so you can afford food for your kids.

That only applies to whites. If you're a negro or hispo then all you have to do is scream wacism and demand white people feed your kids.

Hispo? WTH is a 'hispo'?
gold13.gif

Forum List

Back