What sort of education are public school students entitled to?

I think 5th graders need knowledge appropriate for their age, needs, and mental and physical development.

All the IRS requires are business records that are clear and understandable. No 'double entry' bookkeeping needed.
Who decides what is appropriate for which 5th graders?

Who said anything about the IRS? How many people have 5 or more credit cards and don't know the interest rates.

Who decides what is appropriate for which 5th graders?
I don't think double-entry bookkeeping is taught anywhere to 5th graders, so there's that.
Who said anything about the IRS? How many people have 5 or more credit cards and don't know the interest rates.
Double-entry bookkeeping is necessary in order to prepare a proper financial statement, often for tax purposes.

That's a failure to read the fine print. Anyway, shouldn't they be taught not to carry a balance?

That's a failure to read the fine print. Anyway, shouldn't they be taught not to carry a balance?
I think the purpose of the article was to show how easy accounting was not advocate accounting for fifth graders.

So now we have huge student debt for people who mostly did not take accounting.

I think the purpose of the article was to show how easy accounting was not advocate accounting for fifth graders.

So now we have huge student debt for people who mostly did not take accounting.
Those with student debt receive regular professionally prepared statements (although my bank statements are so confusing that I don't even open them anymore. I rely on my deposit tickets which show my balance. I then check it against my checkbook balance. It's simple and works great).

Last edited:
I dated a HS teacher who admitted that certain senior boys turned her on. I was shocked. o_O
I suppose teachers in the 1950’s felt the same way

But that was before the anything goes new liberal culture

So hot young female teachers had enough self control to keep their pants on

I suppose teachers in the 1950’s felt the same way

But that was before the anything goes new liberal culture

So hot young female teachers had enough self control to keep their pants on.
I went to HS in the 1950's. There were no 'hot young female teachers' (well there was my Latin teacher :p).

Forum List

Back