School Boards need to be held criminally liable for school shootings (Poll)

Should laws holding school boards and security personnel responsible be passed?

• Yes, children require grown-ups to protect them

Votes: 19 45.2%
  • No, I'll explain why in my post

Votes: 23 54.8%

• Total voters

kyzr

Diamond Member
Oct 14, 2009
The AL part of PA
Can schools be "hardened" by modern designs to stop potential shooters from entering the schools?

The short answer is "yes".

So why aren't all schools secure from crazies with guns? I blame school boards. I do not accept any excuses.
Just get the money and do it.

That said, are security systems perfect?
The short answer is "no".
The Sandy Hook school had security doors, but the shooter was let in, carrying his AR.
Whoever opened that security door should have been prosecuted.

Any support for holding School boards, and security personnel legally responsible for school security?

Until there is criminal accountability, these shootings will continue, with or without more gun control laws. The father of a victim in the Parkland massacre has been pushing 3 tenets for school security and no one on the Left seems interested. Have a single entry point for entry and exit. Have trained, armed guards, and arm any teachers who are willing to be trained to handle them.

These steps have been ignored or denied based on the amount of money they'd cost the school districts. They've also been refused because dead babies make for better political leverage when Dems want gun control legislation.

The entire concept or fundamental paradigm of the American way of life is to not live in a fucking fortress USA. Rather than up armoring our public school buildings we should be hunting down and annihilating sources who spread such terrorist ideologies as transgenderism, and the early sexualization of children, as well as nihilism and moral relativism. Radical far leftists, now the mainstream democratic party, want out children to believe no difference exists between right and wrong and they've largely succeeded in doing that. A society, a civilization cannot function without morals, without differentiating between right and wrong.

Until there is criminal accountability, these shootings will continue, with or without more gun control laws. The father of a victim in the Parkland massacre has been pushing 3 tenets for school security and no one on the Left seems interested. Have a single entry point for entry and exit. Have trained, armed guards, and arm any teachers who are willing to be trained to handle them.

These steps have been ignored or denied based on the amount of money they'd cost the school districts. They've also been refused because dead babies make for better political leverage when Dems want gun control legislation.
Its almost like the democrat school boards and teacher's unions want school shootings to continue to get tougher gun laws? It won't work, but not hardening schools makes no sense!!!!

The entire concept or fundamental paradigm of the American way of life is to not live in a fucking fortress USA. Rather than up armoring our public school buildings we should be hunting down and annihilating sources who spread such terrorist ideologies as transgenderism, and the early sexualization of children, as well as nihilism and moral relativism. Radical far leftists, now the mainstream democratic party, want out children to believe no difference exists between right and wrong and they've largely succeeded in doing that. A society, a civilization cannot function without morals, without differentiating between right and wrong.
What the fuck is wrong with "fucking fortress USA"????
I like fortresses.

I don't think that hunting down progressive democrats would get much political support.

Some schools can barely keep their lunch programs afloat. Now you want them to somehow pull money out of their asses to build fortifications? People talk about things like this every time a shooting occurs but when it comes budget time politicians looking for things to cut look first at the school system.

Some schools can barely keep their lunch programs afloat. Now you want them to somehow pull money out of their asses to build fortifications? People talk about things like this every time a shooting occurs but when it comes budget time politicians looking for things to cut look first at the school system.
They will just avoid the fortress and hit the buses instead.

KISS............keep it Simple Solutions.

We've sent billions to Ukraine.

Could have spent it here.

Can schools be "hardened" by modern designs to stop potential shooters from entering the schools?

So why aren't all schools secure from crazies with guns? I blame school boards. I do not accept any excuses.

The Sandy Hook school had security doors, but the shooter was let in, carrying his AR.

Any support for holding School boards, and security personnel legally responsible for school security?
It's not the board's fault per se, a lot of parents absolutely do not want their children to be exposed to the trappings involved in a hardened environment. I have heard parents state they don't want their children seeing people walking around carrying guns, having to go through metal detectors, or having their "innocence stolen" by them having to understand that there are evil people in the world that could mean them harm but there are things that they can do to help reduce the possibility that they too become a victim, even things they can learn to do to protect themselves and survive if their school should ever become a target.

As far as holding the district and their security personnel liable for any loss of life or injuries, security measures are all about mitigation of risk, nothing and no one can absolutely guarantee no harm will occur. Having said that though, if your personnel follow establish security procedures as they were trained to do and do all within their power to stop a threat then no, there should be no prosecution in my opinion.

If they didn't do what they were supposed to that's a different story.

I know that having someone on-site along with other security hardening measures can definitely mitigate the risk to the students from an OUTSIDE threat, however they will not eliminate the threat from someone thoroughly dedicated to inflict as much harm as possible like the Buffalo shooter who was confronted and shot 11 times it was reported by a retired police officer working security at the Top's grocery store. The 11 shots were ineffective because the shooter was wearing Kevlar and I still haven't seen anything indicating from where he obtained it, because it's not sold to the general population.

Lastly, I hated the way school resource officer Scott Petersen was treated because he didn't go into the building to confront school shooter Nikolas Cruz during the Parkland school shooting at Marjorie Stoneman Douglas high school back in 2018. Petersen at least tried to get Cruz involuntarily committed (Baker Act) but there were so many people trying to keep Cruz's criminal history clean that it is alleged that they refused to allow him to be committed. Had they no interfered, Cruz possibly could have been locked up somewhere instead of free to kill more than a dozen of his classmates.
'They Don't Know The Truth': Ex-School Resource Officer Scot Peterson Defends Actions During Parkland School Shooting

Worse still, now we find out after the horror of the elementary school shooting in Uvalde, Texas earlier this week, that the police waited an hour before entering the school to confront the 18 year old shooter Salvador Ramos, in spite of the huge number of law enforcement officers and agents who responded to the scene.

Funny how Republicans say individuals are responsible for their own actions, but when their guns are under threat, they'll make others responsible for the actions of others.

The answer for America, more walls more guns more rules, get real.

The students should be guarded better than the board members.

40 billion to the Ukraine.

Forum List

Back