Satan

Satan may be dressed in various faiths, but in practice it is neither. Not even theological. Satan is a working knowledge of poisons, and medical / psychological procedures, with the intent to harm.
This is close, I think, although I don't know where you get poisons from.

For certain, Satan is no ruler of some dark underworld. Jesus referred to Peter as Satan when Peter opposed God’s plan because his mind was not on God but on man (Mt 16:22-23). Obviously, Peter was not an evil being from hell. He simply opposed God. The Israelites had always used the term “devils” (or “demons”) in reference to idol worship (such as idols in the form of goats).

Satan was the ruler of the temple peoples’ world (and the Adamic peoples' world); he was the reason Jesus called them hypocrites. He was adversarial to God. He was the embodiment of the Pharisees and chief priests who sought Jesus’ life (Jn 14:30) and who were judged in the Jewish-Roman Wars (Jn 16:11).

Consider their adversarial stance toward God in the city of Pergamum, where Satan dwelled (Rv 2:13). Satan resided in Pergamum because when John of Patmos wrote down his vision, Pergamum was a city where the Great Altar of Zeus silhouetted the skyline. The Revelator commended the brethren there for not worshipping at that altar, though a few of them had bowed in some indirect fashion to the false prophet Balaam (2:14).

Satan, sin, the serpent, was idolatry. It stood between man and God. That's all, really.
This is very true. In addition though Satan can bring about real suffering and torture.

Satan may be dressed in various faiths, but in practice it is neither. Not even theological. Satan is a working knowledge of poisons, and medical / psychological procedures, with the intent to harm.

For certain, Satan is no ruler of some dark underworld. Jesus referred to Peter as Satan when Peter opposed God’s plan because his mind was not on God but on man (Mt 16:22-23). Obviously, Peter was not an evil being from hell. He simply opposed God. The Israelites had always used the term “devils” (or “demons”) in reference to idol worship (such as idols in the form of goats).

Satan was the ruler of the temple peoples’ world (and the Adamic peoples' world); he was the reason Jesus called them hypocrites. He was adversarial to God. He was the embodiment of the Pharisees and chief priests who sought Jesus’ life (Jn 14:30) and who were judged in the Jewish-Roman Wars (Jn 16:11).

Consider their adversarial stance toward God in the city of Pergamum, where Satan dwelled (Rv 2:13). Satan resided in Pergamum because when John of Patmos wrote down his vision, Pergamum was a city where the Great Altar of Zeus silhouetted the skyline. The Revelator commended the brethren there for not worshipping at that altar, though a few of them had bowed in some indirect fashion to the false prophet Balaam (2:14).

Satan, sin, the serpent, was idolatry. It stood between man and God. That's all, really.
This is very true. In addition though Satan can bring about real suffering and torture.
Maybe in the sense that an individual is lost without God. No sorrow hangs over the new creation. Even in their sadness, even in their labors, even in their distress, believers find peace with God.

Satan is not a horned ogre with a pitchfork meting out misery. People - especially Christians - read a lot into the Scriptures that isn't there.

Maybe in the sense that an individual is lost without God. No sorrow hangs over the new creation. Even in their sadness, even in their labors, even in their distress, believers find peace with God.

Satan is not a horned ogre with a pitchfork meting out misery. People - especially Christians - read a lot into the Scriptures that isn't there.
but demonic attacks are real and all the Saints can testify about them.

BILL-GATES-DEVIL.jpg

How the Jewish and Christian faiths differ on who is Satan.

I am Satan. Just ask that "one tree" guy.

Satan is very real and a very powerful being. He will tempt you and you usually don't realize he's doing it, i.e. he loves to hide. People will blame God for their problems instead. The best way to get rid of him is to say, "Get lost Satan." In your case, "Get lost Crepitus Satan."

Satan is very real and a very powerful being.
- if that were true how is it they did not drown with everyone else, the great flood.

* the very reason for the flood as the example and meaning requiring the triumph over evil - necessary for admission to the Everlasting.

Lucifer excelled to become one of the great ones among the Father's children
Angels are not and never were created as God's children. They are SERVANTS created to tend to Gods true children, CHRISTIANS.

All human beings who do not have the Holy Spirit are not God's children. They are the children of the devil -- satan

if that were true how is it they did not drown with everyone else, the great flood
Who is "they"? Demons? They cant die in a material world.

There is debate whether they die in the Lake of Fire AFTER the Millennium, when Christ's Reign comes to an end and just before the Father leaves heaven and makes the New Earth His home

Can anyone with any objectivity testify about them?
I have dealt with them. People are always demanding proof of God's existence. The fact that demons roam the earth is proof of the validity of the Bible.
I have had many encounters with them in the past, and I'm not the only one. If you have never encountered angels or demons you will always be demanding physical proof

Lucifer excelled to become one of the great ones among the Father's children
Angels are not and never were created as God's children. They are SERVANTS created to tend to Gods true children, CHRISTIANS.

All human beings who do not have the Holy Spirit are not God's children. They are the children of the devil -- satan

Angels are nothing more than messengers. They are not a different species than man. Angels are either unembodied spirits or men or resurrected men.

Acts 10:30
30 And Cornelius said, Four days ago I was fasting until this hour; and at the ninth hour I prayed in my house, and, behold, a man stood before me in bright clothing,

Genesis 19:1-5
1 And there came two angels to Sodom at even; and Lot sat in the gate of Sodom: and Lot seeing them rose up to meet them; and he bowed himself with his face toward the ground;
2 And he said, Behold now, my lords, turn in, I pray you, into your servant’s house, and tarry all night, and wash your feet, and ye shall rise up early, and go on your ways. And they said, Nay; but we will abide in the street all night.
3 And he pressed upon them greatly; and they turned in unto him, and entered into his house; and he made them a feast, and did bake unleavened bread, and they did eat.
4 But before they lay down, the men of the city, even the men of Sodom, compassed the house round, both old and young, all the people from every quarter:
5 And they called unto Lot, and said unto him, Where are the men which came in to thee this night? bring them out unto us, that we may know them.

In the last verse above, in the phrase "that we might know them", the word "know" is the same as it is in Gen 4:1:

Genesis 4:1
1 And Adam knew Eve his wife; and she conceived, and bare Cain, and said, I have gotten a man from the Lord.

Basically it means to have sexual intercourse. So the homosexual men of Sodom sought to have sexual intercourse with the angels (men) who came to the home of Lot.

Revelation 22:8-9
8 And I John saw these things, and heard them. And when I had heard and seen, I fell down to worship before the feet of the angel which shewed me these things.
9 Then saith he unto me, See thou do it not: for I am thy fellowservant, and of thy brethren the prophets, and of them which keep the sayings of this book: worship God.

Angels are men who have come to this earth or will come to this earth. They are not a separate species than mankind. All mankind are the spiritual offspring of our Father in heaven.

Hebrews 12:9
9 Furthermore we have had fathers of our flesh which corrected us, and we gave them reverence: shall we not much rather be in subjection unto the Father of spirits, and live?

Acts 17:27-29
27 That they should seek the Lord, if haply they might feel after him, and find him, though he be not far from every one of us:
28 For in him we live, and move, and have our being; as certain also of your own poets have said, For we are also his offspring.
29 Forasmuch then as we are the offspring of God, we ought not to think that the Godhead is like unto gold, or silver, or stone, graven by art and man’s device.

Satan, before being cast out of heaven was not considered wicked and was a son of the morning which I believe were among a group also known as the morning stars. I believe these were exceptional children among the father that used their free will to excel above others in the pre-mortal world of spirits. Jesus himself is known as the bright and morning star.

Revelation 22:16
16 I Jesus have sent mine angel to testify unto you these things in the churches. I am the root and the offspring of David, and the bright and morning star.

In the book of Job we learn that these morning stars sang together and then they and all the rest of the children of God shouted for joy when God laid the foundations of the earth.

Job 38:3-7
3 Gird up now thy loins like a man; for I will demand of thee, and answer thou me.
4 Where wast thou when I laid the foundations of the earth? declare, if thou hast understanding.
5 Who hath laid the measures thereof, if thou knowest? or who hath stretched the line upon it?
6 Whereupon are the foundations thereof fastened? or who laid the corner stone thereof;
7 When the morning stars sang together, and all the sons of God shouted for joy?

It was the pride of Lucifer which was his downfall. It lead him into open rebellion against the Father and Jesus Christ while in their very presence. Why do you think that Lucifer was able to be in heaven up until that time? Or why was he considered a fallen being if he was already an evil being?

Isaiah 14:12
12 How art thou fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning! how art thou cut down to the ground, which didst weaken the nations!

Satan was one of the children of God who came out in open rebellion against his Father and sought to turn the rest of God's children against him. For this reason he was cast out of heaven and became Satan and the devil. From that time forth he still sought to overthrow the Father and his followers. Through his free will he chose the path of wickedness and evil and was also given the name Perdition which connotes those of the second death or spiritual death.

Satan, upon being defeated by God is said to be a man in Isaiah 14.

Isaiah 14:16
16 They that see thee shall narrowly look upon thee, and consider thee, saying, Is this the man that made the earth to tremble, that did shake kingdoms;

There have been a few in this life who have rebelled against God and have become known as Sons of Perdition. Cain was one and Judas Iscariot was another. The antichrist of the last days will also be a son of perdition. Those who rebel against God and sink to this level neither receive forgiveness in this world nor in the world to come. They have committed the unpardonable sin.

Last edited:
Can anyone with any objectivity testify about them?
I have dealt with them. People are always demanding proof of God's existence. The fact that demons roam the earth is proof of the validity of the Bible.
I have had many encounters with them in the past, and I'm not the only one. If you have never encountered angels or demons you will always be demanding physical proof
Well, I for one, don't demand proof of God. And I certainly don't find proof for Him in the existence of demons.

Demons (not Satan) were peculiar to Israel. Israelites were demon-possessed; Israelites exorcised demons. And demons seemed to plague Israel most prolifically in her closing years, between the crucifixion and the resurrection (about AD 30 to AD 70). Christians don't seem to grasp that. They don't even seem to notice it when they read the Scriptures.

The kingdom has not survived for two thousand years on demons and miracles. By the end of the apostles' generation, the kingdom had come in power (Mk 9:1). By the Holy Spirit, the gospel had reached the world (Rom 1:8; 16:25-26; Col 1:5b-6, 23). No other proof was necessary.

Last edited:
Satan is just God's excuse for fucking up. That's why God made him.

If you happened to learn some statistics and probabilities, both angel and human behavior are more or less a bell shape normal distribution. So if it's not Satan then it will be someone else takes that place. Satan happens to be the one in the far end of the bell shape and became the leader of the rebellion of the angels. Roughly, by the degree of freewill granted, there will be 2/3 angels with less than 1/3 humans saved when a Judgment of Law is carried out. However by introducing the factor of influence caused by the much more powerful/capable and much more intelligent angels (such as Satan) onto humans, then no humans can pass the Judgment of Law. You may consider this the Satan effect.

To counter this Satan effect, Jesus fulfilled the Law by making a self-sacrifice as a justification such that humans can be judged not by Law but by a standard specified in a covenant. With the Judgment of Covenant, in the end there will be less than 1/3 humans saved. This may be referred to as the counter effect of Jesus.

As a summary,
By the degree of freewill granted, a bit less than 1/3 humans will be saved (thus through the narrow gate)
By the effect of Satan, there will be 0 humans saved (as a result, humans need to be destroyed by a flood after it's been witnessed that it is so)
By the counter effect of Jesus, there will be less than 1/3 humans saved (through the narrow gate)

By the flood (representing Hades) humans died, but by the Covenant brought us humans lived. Water (thus Hades and death) buried us, resurrection will bring us back. This is water baptism which bears a similar description about Hades and death.

Last edited:
In that case, the Cathari thesis applies, in which the physical world was created by an imperfect god, an evil demurrage.

The possibility therefore the assurance in eternity that the genesis conversation between Eve and the devil can happen, indicates that the creation itself was planned with such a backdoor access into it.

Like Windows of Microsoft before adding a firewall software to it.

You may have a point. Now what do we do?

In that case, the Cathari thesis applies, in which the physical world was created by an imperfect god, an evil demurrage.

The possibility therefore the assurance in eternity that the genesis conversation between Eve and the devil can happen, indicates that the creation itself was planned with such a backdoor access into it.

Stop believing in such bullshit. :biggrin:

Stop believing in such bullshit. :biggrin:
Can you list the elements under the handle name bullshit?

Satan is very real and a very powerful being. He will tempt you and you usually don't realize he's doing it, i.e. he loves to hide. People will blame God for their problems instead. The best way to get rid of him is to say, "Get lost Satan." In your case, "Get lost Crepitus Satan."

- if that were true how is it they did not drown with everyone else, the great flood.

* the very reason for the flood as the example and meaning requiring the triumph over evil - necessary for admission to the Everlasting.

The answer is found in the reason for the flood. Satan had made the evil people so powerful that the innocent were in danger. Satan couldn't be destroyed by a Earthly catastrophe. He is a spiritual being who can't be destroyed so easily. He'll have to be defeated in a final war, but even then he won't be destroyed.

The answer is found in the reason for the flood. Satan had made the evil people so powerful that the innocent were in danger. Satan couldn't be destroyed by a Earthly catastrophe. He is a spiritual being who can't be destroyed so easily. He'll have to be defeated in a final war, but even then he won't be destroyed.

Not only that but with that intermarriage between the descendants of Seth and cain, the blood of Noah himself was contaminated. That is why the flood was only a half success and God decided not to do it again.

Not only that but with that intermarriage between the descendants of Seth and cain, the blood of Noah himself was contaminated. That is why the flood was only a half success and God decided not to do it again.

Plus the people who are dedicated to do the work of satan always act covert and stalk under cover, like a large group of lions stalking and coordinating who to isolate for a prey. With the separation of church and state we have become powerless against them.

Forum List

Back