'Satan first to demand equal rights'

Luddly Neddite

Diamond Member
Sep 14, 2011
Tennessee church sign: ‘Remember, Satan was the first to demand equal rights’
FacebookTwitterMore

Sign in front of the Knoxville Baptist Tabernacle Church (Facebook)

Don't miss stories. Follow Raw Story!

A Tennessee pastor said this week that his church was “not trying to offend anyone” when it put up a sign linking “equal rights” to Satan.

Members of the community expressed outrage ..... The sign read, “Remember, Satan was the first to demand equal rights.”

“Who was your target audience? .....Knoxville resident Rick Staples, asked, according to WBIR. “And when you say you’re asking for your equal rights, who’s asking for their equal rights and who are you comparing to Satan? That was very strong language.”

Andy Henry said that the church was trying to make a statement about gay rights.

“It’s clearly a sign that was meant to offend a particular community – the LGBT community. Because of (the church’s) lack of foresight, they ended up offending everybody who had ever fought for equality or civil rights in general,” Henry observed.

But Pastor Tony Greene insisted that everyone misunderstood the message.

“Our sign referencing Satan demanding his equal rights to ascend into the heavens and be God was simply ‘I’ and all about that individual,” Greene told WATE. “It was not a statement against any one group in particular, you know what about the rights of the unborn babies, the rights of children, the rights of everyone?”

He added: “My heart breaks in the dividedness of our country.”

On Monday, the sign was changed to read, “Glad you reading, did not intend to offend, we all need Christ.”

Disgusting and transparent but the good news is the community objected to comparing women and gays to satan.

But he brings up a good point.

Nowhere in the bible does it endorse equal rights for everyone and when Satan wanted them he was sent to Hell just for asking for them.

If God doesn't support equal rights then why are we giving tax breaks to religions? Isn't that a violation of the Constitution?

God is discriminating by not allowing everyone to be treated as equals under his law. Organizations that endorse discrimination should not be entitled to tax breaks IMO.

:D

Perhaps "Satan" was not "cast out of Heaven". What if instead, "Satan" broke free of Heaven? Escaped from Heaven? Found freedom and deliverance outside of Heaven?

FacebookTwitterMore

A Tennessee pastor said this week that his church was “not trying to offend anyone” when it put up a sign linking “equal rights” to Satan.

Members of the community expressed outrage ..... The sign read, “Remember, Satan was the first to demand equal rights.”

“Who was your target audience? .....Knoxville resident Rick Staples, asked, according to WBIR. “And when you say you’re asking for your equal rights, who’s asking for their equal rights and who are you comparing to Satan? That was very strong language.”

Andy Henry said that the church was trying to make a statement about gay rights.

“It’s clearly a sign that was meant to offend a particular community – the LGBT community. Because of (the church’s) lack of foresight, they ended up offending everybody who had ever fought for equality or civil rights in general,” Henry observed.

“Our sign referencing Satan demanding his equal rights to ascend into the heavens and be God was simply ‘I’ and all about that individual,” Greene told WATE. “It was not a statement against any one group in particular, you know what about the rights of the unborn babies, the rights of children, the rights of everyone?”

On Monday, the sign was changed to read, “Glad you reading, did not intend to offend, we all need Christ.”

Disgusting and transparent but the good news is the community objected to comparing women and gays to satan.

Yo, it fits you people on the Left like a glove!!!

"GTP"

But he brings up a good point.

Nowhere in the bible does it endorse equal rights for everyone and when Satan wanted them he was sent to Hell just for asking for them.

If God doesn't support equal rights then why are we giving tax breaks to religions? Isn't that a violation of the Constitution?

God is discriminating by not allowing everyone to be treated as equals under his law. Organizations that endorse discrimination should not be entitled to tax breaks IMO.

:D

Yo, ok fat boy, eat another burger!

"GTP"

FacebookTwitterMore

Message received! Tony Greene is a bonafide dirtbag. Good to know.

Equal rights the way you loons conceive of it doesn't exist in nature, nor under God.

The definition of "equal rights" isn't "You must give anything that queers, criminals and ne'er do wells anything they ask for".

You're welcome.

FacebookTwitterMore

I don't see how it's necessarily targeting gays. Could be targeting blacks. Or women. Anyone who's ever stood up for equal rights. And so soon after Selma.

Guess he forgot to add "and my sign makes sure it stays that way"

All human beings deserve basic human rights...period.
... some other rights are debatable.

The sign is correct. =>

How do we know that this sign isn't an internet creation? There are programs that allow you to put any statement on the picture of a sign, and it looks just like the real thing.

How do we know that this sign isn't an internet creation? There are programs that allow you to put any statement on the picture of a sign, and it looks just like the real thing.

There are such generators but we know this was real because the guilty party talked about it:

I believe him. He didn't mean to offend one particular group. He meant to dis everybody.

Did anyone bother telling Pastor Greene that it was Lilith that was the first to ask for equal rights?
Thats the whole basis of the Lilith story and it's the very begining, so if he can't get that right he should try another profession. *rolling my eyes*

Satan did not ask for equal rights. It was his intention to overthrow God. Just like the queers and baby killers are trying to replace God and live their sinful, selfish lives on their own terms. They're in for one seriously rude awakening.

You got to love the when you die then you're going to get it argument. It's right up there with the my dad is bigger than your dad argument.

Equal rights the way you loons conceive of it doesn't exist in nature, nor under God.

The definition of "equal rights" isn't "You must give anything that queers, criminals and ne'er do wells anything they ask for".

You're welcome.

You are absolutely right. It doesn't mean that. Why do teabaggers continue to act like they think it does?

FacebookTwitterMore

Actually no. The first to demand equal rights, quite literally too, was Lilith. First wife of Adam according to Jewish folklore. Not wanting to be completely subserviant to Adam's sexual needs she demanded to be treated as his equal (God having created her from the dust of the earth just as He did Adam, as opposed to FROM Adam.) Adam whined and bitched, and an angel of the Lord came to demand she do as Adam says. She refused, was cursed and expelled from the Garden becomming a demon. Then God made Eve from Adam's own body to be subserviant to him.

Forum List

Back