San Jose Police Wound Black Man Who Broke Up Bar Fight

Jul 26, 2010
North Carolina
Police shot and seriously wounded a California college football player this week after an incident in which the manā€™s lawyer said the injured man might have saved other lives by disarming a gunman during a wild fight in a restaurant.

Kā€™aun Green, 20, was shot multiple times by San Jose cops after the incident in which even police now acknowledge the gun he had was not his. Thereā€™s both police body camera footage, surveillance and witness video of the chaotic incident at La Victoria Taqueria. But other than the fact that Green was certainly shot by police after the restaurant fight, thereā€™s little agreement between the copsā€™ version of the story and how Greenā€™s lawyer said it went down.

Green was ā€œminding his own businessā€ inside the restaurant when a fight broke out and someone pulled a gun, his lawyer, Andante Pointer, told the local NBC News affiliate. Rather than exit the chaos, the 6ā€™4ā€™, 233-lb Contra Costa College linebacker stepped in and wrested the gun away from someone in the crowd, making him a ā€œheroā€ā€”until cops showed up.

ā€œThe police yelled, ā€˜Drop the gun!ā€™ and without giving my client a second to understand that it was the police, or to turn around and see what was going on or even to drop the gun, he was shot multiple times,ā€ Pointer said.

But San Jose Police Chief Anthony Mata says thatā€™s not all there is to the story. A fatal shooting had just occurred near La Victoria just minutes before a call came in about a gun inside the restaurant, he told NBC. Cops who showed up on the scene had no idea if the two incidents were related at the time (turns out they werenā€™t), and had to make a split second decision when they saw Green backing out the door of the restaurant with the gun in his hand.

I wonder if Horsehitting saw this incident.

Should these thugs rot in jail?

If the police can shoot you for having a gun there is no such thing as gun rights in this country.

Kā€™aun
What is that in English?

the gun he had was not his.
Well K'aun...that was your first mistake.

Something tells me K'aun is not a STEM major.

He was probably amped up after the event...

'den dem muphukin pohleese showed up.'

Next time, disarm, place gun in safe place, then engage officers.

He should at least get thirty days for brandishing.

Police shot and seriously wounded a California college football player this week after an incident in which the manā€™s lawyer said the injured man might have saved other lives by disarming a gunman during a wild fight in a restaurant.

Kā€™aun Green, 20, was shot multiple times by San Jose cops after the incident in which even police now acknowledge the gun he had was not his. Thereā€™s both police body camera footage, surveillance and witness video of the chaotic incident at La Victoria Taqueria. But other than the fact that Green was certainly shot by police after the restaurant fight, thereā€™s little agreement between the copsā€™ version of the story and how Greenā€™s lawyer said it went down.

Green was ā€œminding his own businessā€ inside the restaurant when a fight broke out and someone pulled a gun, his lawyer, Andante Pointer, told the local NBC News affiliate. Rather than exit the chaos, the 6ā€™4ā€™, 233-lb Contra Costa College linebacker stepped in and wrested the gun away from someone in the crowd, making him a ā€œheroā€ā€”until cops showed up.

ā€œThe police yelled, ā€˜Drop the gun!ā€™ and without giving my client a second to understand that it was the police, or to turn around and see what was going on or even to drop the gun, he was shot multiple times,ā€ Pointer said.

But San Jose Police Chief Anthony Mata says thatā€™s not all there is to the story. A fatal shooting had just occurred near La Victoria just minutes before a call came in about a gun inside the restaurant, he told NBC. Cops who showed up on the scene had no idea if the two incidents were related at the time (turns out they werenā€™t), and had to make a split second decision when they saw Green backing out the door of the restaurant with the gun in his hand.

Tragic accident. If he were white would you post this. if a white had a gun in their hand, they would have been shot too

You are a one fucking trick pony with your racist bullshit. You love and breath for it.while all your bros are getting capped in the head

Fuck U racist

Mr. Green is 20 years old, a minor. Should not have been in a joint that serves alcohol as he was under 21.

in other words, its just tough shit. He should be glad he isn't being charged, and it has nothing to do with his race.

If the police can shoot you for having a gun there is no such thing as gun rights in this country.
1648858180242.png

San Jose is a difficult town. The cops really truly suck up there. Just after pot became legal in CA, they started harassing the dispensaries to try to get them to leave, arrested some people on bogus charges, etc. I used to hang down Bascomb Ave, down at the end by the music store. A couple blocks away is Silicon Alley where the corporate presence is, and it's just like Anaheim, the corps own the cops and they're quick to enforce.

The other half of it is, they run a lot of trade shows there, and people come to the airport from out of town, and they've heard all about Santa Cruz which is just a few miles away, and they want to go get some drugs but the cops want to keep them out of the corporate zone when they come back

As near as I know people have tried for YEARS to clean up that PD. I'm not sure what the difficulty is.

What is that in English?

Well K'aun...that was your first mistake.

Something tells me K'aun is not a STEM major.

He was probably amped up after the event...

'den dem muphukin pohleese showed up.'

Next time, disarm, place gun in safe place, then engage officers.

He should at least get thirty days for brandishing.
Yeah, that's California. Can't brandish.

In Oklahoma or Missouri you're allowed to brandish.

Yeah, that's California. Can't brandish.

In Oklahoma or Missouri you're allowed to brandish.
Missouri, Oklahoma, California...I don't care.

When cops show up to a brawl...don't walk up holding a gun...as a matter of fact...don't EVER walk up to a cop while holding a gun.

But these are blacks we are talking about.

Not the sharpest.

Wow!! Any permit holder will tell you, DO NOT BE THE ONE HOLDING A GUN WHEN THE POLICE SHOW UP at the scene of violence. IT IS A REALLY REALLY BAD IDEA.

When cops show up to a brawl...don't walk up holding a gun...as a matter of fact...don't EVER walk up to a cop while holding a gun.

Not the sharpest.
Well... I wasn't there. But it sounds like the cops happened to come up on the guy just at that moment. Cops have a tough job. I find it difficult to second guess them a lot of the time.

I mean, black white or indifferent, if a cop tell you to put down your weapon, you better do two things real fast:

1. FREEZE. Don't move a muscle.
2. Say "yes sir, I'm putting it down", as loud as you can.

And then, while the rest of you is still frozen, gingerly take the weapon with two fingers and lay it down, and make sure the cops can see the rest of your body while you're doing it.

If you get very VERY lucky, and the cops can hear you and they haven't had "too" long or stressful of a day yet, you stand a snowball's chance of exiting without a new bullet hole. Or twenty or fifty

Not the sharpest.

If we have gun rights in this country, you should be legally permitted to carry your gun anywhere you want.

Watching the witness video... the cops did nothing wrong.
Police arrive with a report of a fight and man with a gun.
This kid was holding the gun like a shooter holds it, walks out of the bar backwards for some reason. And turns towards the policemen while - holding the gun like a shooter.
I would have shot him too.
It is unfortunate, but I am not buying his lawyers version. In the bar video, it looks more like he was joining the fight than breaking it up.

Why are Democrat controlled governments so violent against citizens?

Forum List

Back