San Jose Police Wound Black Man Who Broke Up Bar Fight

Watching the witness video... the cops did nothing wrong.
Police arrive with a report of a fight and man with a gun.
This kid was holding the gun like a shooter holds it, walks out of the bar backwards for some reason. And turns towards the policemen while - holding the gun like a shooter.
I would have shot him too.
It is unfortunate, but I am not buying his lawyers version. In the bar video, it looks more like he was joining the fight than breaking it up.
Please, letā€™s not let facts get in the way. Superbrudder wants to loot a Best Buy tonight to show how civilized blacks are when Democrat controlled governments shoot blacks.

I mean, black white or indifferent, if a cop tell you to put down your weapon, you better do two things real fast:

1. FREEZE. Don't move a muscle.
2. Say "yes sir, I'm putting it down", as loud as you can.
And what do you think the odds are that the cops told that black guy...at least 20 times to drop the gun.

But negroes are stupid....stupid people struggle to listen to simple instructions....that is why so many negroes get shot.

Watching the witness video... the cops did nothing wrong.
Police arrive with a report of a fight and man with a gun.
This kid was holding the gun like a shooter holds it, walks out of the bar backwards for some reason. And turns towards the policemen while - holding the gun like a shooter.
I would have shot him too.
It is unfortunate, but I am not buying his lawyers version. In the bar video, it looks more like he was joining the fight than breaking it up.
Yeah. That's what the cop sees. There's very little choice BUT to shoot, is there?

I dont know. I wasn't there. It's a tragedy, for sure.

Part of it is the football player didn't seem to have the on-scene operational smarts - not that such a thing would be expected... which is yet another reason why lack of weaponry and weapons training is a bad thing.

If you're in a crowded restaurant and someone pulls a gun, you can be sure "the cops will be there any second now", so you don't exit the facility with the loaded gun! Instead, when the fight is over the first thing you do is give the weapon to the bartender. Then have a drink and wait calmly till the police arrive.

Police shot and seriously wounded a California college football player this week after an incident in which the manā€™s lawyer said the injured man might have saved other lives by disarming a gunman during a wild fight in a restaurant.

Kā€™aun Green, 20, was shot multiple times by San Jose cops after the incident in which even police now acknowledge the gun he had was not his. Thereā€™s both police body camera footage, surveillance and witness video of the chaotic incident at La Victoria Taqueria. But other than the fact that Green was certainly shot by police after the restaurant fight, thereā€™s little agreement between the copsā€™ version of the story and how Greenā€™s lawyer said it went down.

Green was ā€œminding his own businessā€ inside the restaurant when a fight broke out and someone pulled a gun, his lawyer, Andante Pointer, told the local NBC News affiliate. Rather than exit the chaos, the 6ā€™4ā€™, 233-lb Contra Costa College linebacker stepped in and wrested the gun away from someone in the crowd, making him a ā€œheroā€ā€”until cops showed up.

ā€œThe police yelled, ā€˜Drop the gun!ā€™ and without giving my client a second to understand that it was the police, or to turn around and see what was going on or even to drop the gun, he was shot multiple times,ā€ Pointer said.

But San Jose Police Chief Anthony Mata says thatā€™s not all there is to the story. A fatal shooting had just occurred near La Victoria just minutes before a call came in about a gun inside the restaurant, he told NBC. Cops who showed up on the scene had no idea if the two incidents were related at the time (turns out they werenā€™t), and had to make a split second decision when they saw Green backing out the door of the restaurant with the gun in his hand.

I wonder if Horsehitting saw this incident.

Should these thugs rot in jail?
Too bad cops cant review all the available video when responding to a 911 call

but that is unrealistic

Yeah. That's what the cop sees. There's very little choice BUT to shoot, is there?

I dont know. I wasn't there. It's a tragedy, for sure.

Part of it is the football player didn't seem to have the on-scene operational smarts - not that such a thing would be expected... which is yet another reason why lack of weaponry and weapons training is a bad thing.

If you're in a crowded restaurant and someone pulls a gun, you can be sure "the cops will be there any second now", so you don't exit the facility with the loaded gun! Instead, when the fight is over the first thing you do is give the weapon to the bartender. Then have a drink and wait calmly till the police arrive.

I thought in this country we had the right to protect ourselves? If someone in a bar pulls a knife on you and you pull your gun, are you saying you need to give that gun up before the one who threatened you is arrested?

What good is being armed if you get shot for it?

And what do you think the odds are that the cops told that black guy...at least 20 times to drop the gun.

But negroes are stupid....stupid people struggle to listen to simple instructions....that is why so many negroes get shot.
At this point i really dont care anymore

Iā€™m burned out on the perpetual black grievance marathon

most police shooting of black people are upheld as righteous

And the few that do involve police misconduct may float your boat but not mine

not anymore

The fact the young man was walking out of the bar, backwards while holding the gun up in the air like a shooter... IS THE STORY HERE.
Why would anyone do that? It makes no sense. Unless, the lawyers story is just a fabrication.
If you break up a fight. and get a hold of a gun someone was brandishing, the last thing you are going to do is brandish it yourself. Wave it around in the air and holding it with your finger on the trigger!! Who does that??

The fact the young man was walking out of the bar, backwards while holding the gun up in the air like a shooter... IS THE STORY HERE.
Why would anyone do that? It makes no sense. Unless, the lawyers story is just a fabrication.
If you break up a fight. and get a hold of a gun someone was brandishing, the last thing you are going to do is brandish it yourself. Wave it around in the air and holding it with your finger on the trigger!! Who does that??

If someone was threatening you and you were armed, what would you do? Seems to me you would extradite yourself from the situation while protecting yourself.

Police shot and seriously wounded a California college football player this week after an incident in which the manā€™s lawyer said the injured man might have saved other lives by disarming a gunman during a wild fight in a restaurant.

Kā€™aun Green, 20, was shot multiple times by San Jose cops after the incident in which even police now acknowledge the gun he had was not his. Thereā€™s both police body camera footage, surveillance and witness video of the chaotic incident at La Victoria Taqueria. But other than the fact that Green was certainly shot by police after the restaurant fight, thereā€™s little agreement between the copsā€™ version of the story and how Greenā€™s lawyer said it went down.

Green was ā€œminding his own businessā€ inside the restaurant when a fight broke out and someone pulled a gun, his lawyer, Andante Pointer, told the local NBC News affiliate. Rather than exit the chaos, the 6ā€™4ā€™, 233-lb Contra Costa College linebacker stepped in and wrested the gun away from someone in the crowd, making him a ā€œheroā€ā€”until cops showed up.

ā€œThe police yelled, ā€˜Drop the gun!ā€™ and without giving my client a second to understand that it was the police, or to turn around and see what was going on or even to drop the gun, he was shot multiple times,ā€ Pointer said.

But San Jose Police Chief Anthony Mata says thatā€™s not all there is to the story. A fatal shooting had just occurred near La Victoria just minutes before a call came in about a gun inside the restaurant, he told NBC. Cops who showed up on the scene had no idea if the two incidents were related at the time (turns out they werenā€™t), and had to make a split second decision when they saw Green backing out the door of the restaurant with the gun in his hand.

I wonder if Horsehitting saw this incident.

Should these thugs rot in jail?
Here is the thing it was a hostile moment and no one knew what was going on.

If true another shooting has taken place just before the call to the restaurant then the cops were already hot, and the shooting of the Football Player was tragic but a grand jury is not going to send this case to trial.

The Football player will be rewarded a good amount of money but the officers involved will not see time in jailā€¦

Obviously I am addressing the situation. If cops can just shoot people for having a gun, we have NO gun rights.
In a hostile moment we have to be cautious of our own actions because many cops a shoot first and ask questions later no matter the state and this took place in California of all placesā€¦

In a hostile moment we have to be cautious of our own actions because many cops a shoot first and ask questions later no matter the state and this took place in California of all placesā€¦

This happens in many places.

Yeah, but it happened in California, so tell me why were the Cops in shoot first mode in a minority-majority State like California?

I have NO desire to argue that this is an issue with California. This happens all over. It's "shoot first, warn later".

If cops can shoot someone for possessing a gun, we do not have gun rights.

And yet you are unable to address it. When the cops assume that anyone with a gun is a bad guy, then anyone with a gun becomes the bad guy.
That is just fucking stupid.
I have 3 guns. No cop has ever shot me.
Not one.
Buut... I have never carried a gun in a bar fight, waving it around with my finger on the trigger either.
That is how stupid your argument is.

I have NO desire to argue that this is an issue with California. This happens all over. It's "shoot first, warn later".

If cops can shoot someone for possessing a gun, we do not have gun rights.
It has to do with the training and it happened in California and not somewhere else, so the State training has everything to do with this!

You wanted to leave out the location because you damn well know those like you love to write about incidents daily in Red States but when it happens in a Deep Blue State region then we canā€™t take into consideration that State training is pathetic, now can we?

Your answer is ā€œ it happens everywhere ā€œ but it shouldnā€™t have happened in a blue state like California where it is a beacon of gun control and great training of it officers.

The OP want to make this about the skin color of the victim and I like to know the skin color of the cops involved so that we can then truly discuss this properly.

When entering a hot and hostile situation you have a split second to think and if what the Police said is true then they went in hot, and the young man was a victimā€¦

In the end the OP is making this about race and demanding the cops go to jail for the shooting which will not happen, and you are excusing the poor training on how it happens everywhere!

I was trained to not fire until shots are fired and if I hear one shot then I will open fireā€¦

Forum List

Back