San Jose gun owners could be required to purchase liability insurance

When the lying Libtards tell you that they are "only for reasonable gun control laws" this is the kind of shit they really mean.

A liberal would not know what "reasonableness" was if it bit him in the ass.

They sure as hell don't anything about the Bill of Rights.

You know there is a line on the 2nd amendment right? Can you own a nuclear weapon? And Clinton signed an assault weapon ban. Turns out it was constitutional because it happened.
You are confused Moon Bat. It was never ruled on by the Supreme Court.

When the Republicans took over the House after two years of Slick Willy's failures the House voted to repeal the goddamn thing.

It went to the Senate where the Democrats had a narrow majority. There was a tie in the Senate to repeal it but that sicko Al Gore came into break the tie so America was fucked for the next eight years until it expired.

One of the reasons the Supremes took up the Heller and McDonald cases were to put an end to the Liberals stomping all over the Bill of Rights.

IDK what's your point? Ok I concede.
You said:
You know there is a line on the 2nd amendment right?
I said
Yes - "bearable arms ". Firearms in common use for traditionally lawful purposes.
I then asked:
Where - in terms of firearms protected by the 2nd - do you think this draws the line - and why?
Well?

You said:
You know there is a line on the 2nd amendment right?
I said
Yes - "bearable arms ". Firearms in common use for traditionally lawful purposes.
I then asked:
Where - in terms of firearms protected by the 2nd - do you think this draws the line - and why?
Well?
IDK you're making my head hurt. I want to talk about biking, fishing, hunting and the superbowl. And boating. And fucking.

San Jose gun owners could be required to purchase liability insurance and pay an annual fee on their weapons under an ordinance the city council is expected to approve this week.

The proposed ordinance would require gun owners to pay an annual fee of roughly $25 as well as administrative costs to the city. Gun owners would also be required to maintain liability insurance in the event their gun is used for violence or a crime.

Mayor Sam Liccardo, who introduced the two proposals last June after a Santa Clara Valley Transportation Authority employee killed nine of his co-workers and himself, likened the insurance requirement to motorists having car insurance.

The mass shooter who spawned this law was a well-paid, law-abiding employee up until the point he went apeshit and shot dead 9 of his coworkers.

He would've just bought the insurance.

Or maybe that's what the law is for? To provide compensation to the victims?

Doesn't make much sense to me.
It makes perfect sense. It's a part of the plan to make gun ownership more difficult and to turn law abiding citizens into criminals.

That is not necessarily true.

Whether liability can be imputed to a vehicle owner for injuries caused by a thief is based on questions of foreseeability. States approach this differently, but most states note several factors that may lead a jury to impose a legal duty on the owner, including whether the vehicle is one that may attract those who lacked the skill and knowledge to operate it safely, whether the vehicle is one that would inflict more injury and damage than an ordinary vehicle, and whether prior occurrences should have indicated that additional security measures were required to prevent theft.

If a thief steals a machete, then uses the machete to kill another person. Is the owner of the machete responsible for the murder? The answer is "no".

The way the insurance could work is that say someone kills 4 people. The families of the victims sue him. Guy's insured so his insurance pays out.

Poor people can afford insurance, or they aren't savvy enough to get it, so if they're caught with a gun, they'll be uninsured and face a fine.

I'm really not sure why the city government things this will affect anything.
What if they can't afford the insurance? Will the government pay the premiums for them?

San Jose gun owners could be required to purchase liability insurance and pay an annual fee on their weapons under an ordinance the city council is expected to approve this week.

The proposed ordinance would require gun owners to pay an annual fee of roughly $25 as well as administrative costs to the city. Gun owners would also be required to maintain liability insurance in the event their gun is used for violence or a crime.

Mayor Sam Liccardo, who introduced the two proposals last June after a Santa Clara Valley Transportation Authority employee killed nine of his co-workers and himself, likened the insurance requirement to motorists having car insurance.

The mass shooter who spawned this law was a well-paid, law-abiding employee up until the point he went apeshit and shot dead 9 of his coworkers.

Never fly. They can require it for the PRIVILEGE of driving a car. Gun ownership is a RIGHT (not to be infringed).

the number of uninsured motorists in california is estimated to be 15%

and I’m sure most of them are in the hood and the barrio

precisely the same place where gun crime will continue to flourish in spite of any new gun tax that the crazy libs impose

Driving is a PRIVILEGE. Gun ownership is a RIGHT--guaranteed by the constitution.

You can get by without a gun.

If you can't drive, there are some places in America where you'll die of starvation. And you might not be able to get to work and back.

Forum List

Back