San Jose gun owners could be required to purchase liability insurance

You can get by without a gun.

If you can't drive, there are some places in America where you'll die of starvation. And you might not be able to get to work and back.
I don't really GAF how you "feel" about it. The fact of the matter is, driving is a privilege and as such you have to pass a test, receive a license and have insurance. Gun ownership is a RIGHT guaranteed by the second amendment of the constitution which states that the right to "keep and bear arms shall not be infringed" Requiring insurance is an infringement.

I think that's very much true. Look at this full auto grenade launcher.

How would you like to go up against something like that with your AR15?

Since he's firing from a static position and his field of fire is only about 45°, I'll flank his ass and take him out from 300 yards.

Name any other protected right we have to pay to exersize? Then explain why rights are not paid to have or use.
Name any other protected right that can maim or kill you? Then explain how this is different from owning a car or other vehicles that can do the same.

Mandated insurance is a terrible way to deal with public risk. It effectively outsources the job of government and makes our rights dependent on insurance company "sponsorship".

Besides being illegal this law would be impossible to enforce lol. Stupid dems.

Won't happen here, and I wouldn't live there. Annual fee is a nonstarter. Insurance is a good idea, but if you aren't a deadbeat and willing to stand for your own liability, it should be your choice. If you do not account for, control and secure your weapons in a reasonable manner, you should be liable for their use in crimes. If you own a weapon, you should be responsible for it, if you are actually negligent in securing it. None of this proposal would ever pass here in Tennessee and shouldn't.
That makes no sense. You need liability insurance because you are liable if you were to hurt or kill someone. If you can't pay, then you get insurance.

Same with having auto insurance.

And before some nitwit jumps in with Second Amendment "freedumb", no one is taking away the guns. Under our constitution, you have every right to keep guns. But with rights comes responsibility.

The responsibility to pay if you were to discharge your gun by accident. And if you are not a billionaire, you get liability insurance. What part of that is so hard to understand?

Forum List

Back