San Jose gun owners could be required to purchase liability insurance

Go back and re-read Bruen. Paying insurance has nothing to do with taking away guns.
In other words, you couldn't respond? Not to worry, retard. I never expected you could.

Bruen:
"...when the Second Amendment’s plain text covers an individual’s conduct, the Constitution presumptively protects that conduct. To justify its regulation, the government may not simply posit that the regulation promotes an important interest. Rather, the government must demonstrate that the regulation is consistent with this Nation’s historical tradition of firearm regulation. Only if a firearm regulation is consistent with this Nation’s historical tradition may a court conclude that the individual’s conduct falls outside the Second Amendment’s “unqualified command.”"

Ownership of a firearm falls under the plain text of the 2nd amendemnt.
So...
Explain why you think the insurance requirement will pass the Bruen test.

That makes no sense. You need liability insurance because you are liable if you were to hurt or kill someone. If you can't pay, then you get insurance.

Same with having auto insurance.

And before some nitwit jumps in with Second Amendment "freedumb", no one is taking away the guns. Under our constitution, you have every right to keep guns. But with rights comes responsibility.

The responsibility to pay if you were to discharge your gun by accident. And if you are not a billionaire, you get liability insurance. What part of that is so hard to understand?
If you are an apartment dweller, you may very well have no insurance and not be able to pay damages for misuse, neglect, or negligence in connection to how you store or not store your weapons. So, who becomes responsible or is it "tough luck when somebody's kid shoots paralyzing or killing another kid because guns were under every table and loaded inside every closet in the kid's home?

:itsok: Awww... is reading/comprehension hard for you? Thoughts and prayers.
Nope.
You brought up something about masturbating with guns, as if that is even possible. Then whine about inanimate objects killing people, which is also impossible.
Rights dont kill or maim, retard.

In other words, you couldn't respond? Not to worry, retard. I never expected you could.

Bruen:
"...when the Second Amendment’s plain text covers an individual’s conduct, the Constitution presumptively protects that conduct. To justify its regulation, the government may not simply posit that the regulation promotes an important interest. Rather, the government must demonstrate that the regulation is consistent with this Nation’s historical tradition of firearm regulation. Only if a firearm regulation is consistent with this Nation’s historical tradition may a court conclude that the individual’s conduct falls outside the Second Amendment’s “unqualified command.”"

Ownership of a firearm falls under the plain text of the 2nd amendemnt.
So...
Bruen's law had to do with public carry. The court ruled it is a right. I may disagree, but I do see their point.

But how is this related to carrying liability insurance for your guns? Do you get your guns for free? Does the government give you free guns since it is your right to carry arms? Not unless you are in the armed forces.

The rest of us pay for our right to have a firearm. Same with insurance. You are liable if your weapon was discharged by accident. Hence the need for liability insurance.

What part of the above is so hard for you guys to get?

Nope.
You brought up something about masturbating with guns, as if that is even possible. Then whine about inanimate objects killing people, which is also impossible.
Rights dont kill or maim, retard.
Because you claimed that guns do not kill or maim. What else do you use your guns for? You look like one of those retards that like to wank off with weapons. But hey, feel free to let us know what you use it for.

Bruen's law had to do with public carry...
You avoid the issue put to you.

The USSC GVRd all the pending 2A cases and instructed the lower courts to re-issue their rulings with the test in Bruen in mind .
That is, the test quoted in post #183.

Last edited:
Because you claimed that guns do not kill or maim. What else do you use your guns for? You look like one of those retards that like to wank off with weapons. But hey, feel free to let us know what you use it for.
I said RIGHTS dont kill or maim, retard. Werent you just asking about comprehension? :rofl:

If you are an apartment dweller, you may very well have no insurance and not be able to pay damages for misuse, neglect, or negligence in connection to how you store or not store your weapons. So, who becomes responsible or is it "tough luck when somebody's kid shoots paralyzing or killing another kid because guns were under every table and loaded inside every closet in the kid's home?
Some landlords do require renters to carry insurance. But that's neither here nor there since renting an apartment is not the same as carrying a weapon.

As to your second question... Who becomes responsible when a kid uses their father's gun to paralyze or kill another kid? Well, who becomes responsible when a kid uses their father's car and accidentally paralyzes or kills another kid?

How is one situation different than the other? Our Constitution gives us the right to carry weapons. Not the right to hurt or maim someone by accident.

You avoid the issue put to you.

The USSC GVRd all the pending 2A cases and instructed the lower courts to re-issue their rulings with the test in Bruen in mind .
That is, the test quoted in post #183.

I just did. Learn to read. Come back when you have a counterargument.

Since that right involves a gun, guess what? That particular right does kill or maim. You're not too bright, are you? :itsok:
Rights cant kill or maim, you fucking retard.
You are literally putting characteristics to inanimate objects. And whats sad is, you triple down on it. SMH

Some landlords do require renters to carry insurance. But that's neither here nor there since renting an apartment is not the same as carrying a weapon.

As to your second question... Who becomes responsible when a kid uses their father's gun to paralyze or kill another kid? Well, who becomes responsible when a kid uses their father's car and accidentally paralyzes or kills another kid?

How is one situation different than the other? Our Constitution gives us the right to carry weapons. Not the right to hurt or maim someone by accident.
State require auto insurance. I am a weapons carrier. I have no problem with held responsible. If TN mandates more insurance than I carry, I will purchase more.

All freedom represents some risk. Should all of our rights require insurance company sponsorship?

Forum List

Back