San Jose gun owners could be required to purchase liability insurance

FYI... San Jose is the 3rd biggest city in California, 10th biggest in the country with about 1 million people and diverse.
They still have gun stores, unlike San Francisco.

I don't know why it's not working, tried twice....I suggest you google Mulford Act.
I believe it was formatting. No big deal. Already done. And in a prior post I’ve now tried to discuss what I think you’re asking.

Our usual hostility aside, I would welcome your correction to how I’ve tried to frame what I think you’re asking.

I believe it was formatting. No big deal. Already done. And in a prior post I’ve now tried to discuss what I think you’re asking.

Our usual hostility aside, I would welcome your correction to how I’ve tried to frame what I think you’re asking.
But what about the GOP under Reagan AND the NRA eliminating open carry in California?

Since bode isn’t fond of explaining her mostly cryptic “what about” posts, I’ll engage in some more guesswork.

I suppose she thinks that since the original impetus for disallowing open carry in CA was supposedly hostility toward the display of weapons by the Black Panthers, that Republicans and conservatives “must” necessarily consider the 2d Amendment right as being subject to restrictions over and above licensing and registrations and permits. But as the RetiredGySgt already noted, open carry vs concealed carry doesn’t put an onus on ownership and possession.

It probably will get thrown out by the courts at some point.

But that might take years.

California just enacted a new law which requires gun owners to carry insurance.

My question is whether this new law will survive a Constitutional challenge.

it is one thing to require licensed drivers and car owners to have insurance, since under the law driving is a privilege and not a right. The privilege is conditioned on insurance in order to register a car.

Having a gun is a guaranteed Constitutional RIGHT. For that reason, I can foresee a very interesting legal dispute over the validity of this new California law.

100% unconstitutional.

Is there even such an insurance in existence, and what is the cost of it on a monthly basis?

But what about the GOP under Reagan AND the NRA eliminating open carry in California?
I already told your partisan hack ass that any freedom supporter does not like the Milford Act. Support for the NRA is seriously waning in favor of the no-compromise Gun Owners of America.

Do you support the Milford Act, you gun-grabbing commie fuck?

Probably do. Piece of shit.

I already told your partisan hack ass that any freedom supporter does not like the Milford Act. Support for the NRA is seriously waning in favor of the no-compromise Gun Owners of America

Yeah ... At 3 million plus Background Checks a month ... I don't think gun owners are playing around.
When it comes to the NRA ... Looks like some folks have found somewhere else to spend their money.

Once again Adam_Clayton_Asshole;

You can’t even admit when you’re wrong. You are not just a liar and an asshole, but also a very unpersuasive little troll. You retard. You suck ass at your job. Or maybe sucking ass is your job. Either way.
your wasting your time....jones bad mouths people but doesnt have the balls to confront those he is bad mouthing...

California just enacted a new law which requires gun owners to carry insurance.

One city in California passed a law... For now.

I imagine the state is waiting to see how this plays out in the courts before they follow suit statewide...

Back in 2019 there were three states and Los Angeles trying to pass similar laws, in 2018 Carolyn Maloney introduced the Firearm Risk Protection Act, which required proof of liability insurance before someone was allowed to purchase a gun. This idea is nothing new... the fact that it was passed is. Then again, San Jose is a small municipality, relatively speaking, in the most liberal part of a very liberal state...

I wonder how the gang-bangers and other folks who illegally possess firearms will accept this plan... and will they face higher rates? Because we all know they will right there in line with the law abiding gun owners... that's how the new gun laws always work...

State Constitutions can not violate Federal Supremacy which means they must adhere to the US Constitution at minimum. Each State has the authority to expand upon civil rights but not take any away.
So they can give you the right to an abortion but not take it away?

Forum List

Back