Taxation without Representation?

California's state constitution doesn't provide for the individual right to own a gun ... and this state is being used as a "test-bed" for gun regulation ... a laboratory in democracy ... this is different from Chicago's ban on handguns, as the Illinois state constitution does explicitly state the individual has a right to gun ownership ... Chicago can't regulate guns under Illinois Law ...

What are we afraid of? ... will this measure actually work to reduce cold-blooded murder on the streets? ... I doubt it but we won't know for sure until some city steps forward and tries ... San Jose is just a small agricultural community with a couple of traffic lights last time I pasted through ... who are we to tell artichoke farmers how to run their lives? ... looking at 320 acres of Brussels sprouts is enough to drive anyone on a homicidal rampage ... they have "special" problems there, breathing all of San Francisco's farts ...

If Them the People of San Jose don't like it, they can vote in different city council members ... or move to Merced ... [giggle] ... or Turlock ... [collapses in hysterical laughter] ...

California's state constitution doesn't provide for the individual right to own a gun ... and this state is being used as a "test-bed" for gun regulation ... a laboratory in democracy ... this is different from Chicago's ban on handguns, as the Illinois state constitution does explicitly state the individual has a right to gun ownership ... Chicago can't regulate guns under Illinois Law ...

What are we afraid of? ... will this measure actually work to reduce cold-blooded murder on the streets? ... I doubt it but we won't know for sure until some city steps forward and tries ... San Jose is just a small agricultural community with a couple of traffic lights last time I pasted through ... who are we to tell artichoke farmers how to run their lives? ... looking at 320 acres of Brussels sprouts is enough to drive anyone on a homicidal rampage ... they have "special" problems there, breathing all of San Francisco's farts ...

If Them the People of San Jose don't like it, they can vote in different city council members ... or move to Merced ... [giggle] ... or Turlock ... [collapses in hysterical laughter] ...
San Jose is the third largest city in CA. and the 10th largest in the United States. In 2019 San Jose's population was 1.021,795; only LA and San Diego are larger. San Francisco'd population is 874,961.

When was the last time you visited San Jose? In 1960 it was only 204,196.

San Jose is the third largest city in CA. and the 10th largest in the United States. In 2019 San Jose's population was 1.021,795; only LA and San Diego are larger. San Francisco'd population is 874,961.

I guess it has been a little while ... traffic on the Bayshore was light ... Intel was manufacturing bi-magnetic cores ... and the Big-E fit underneath the Golden Gate Bridge ... so, before TV had color, whenever that was ... I was born and raised in San Francisco, that's why I use the 395 ...

Will this make it to the Supreme Court?

San Jose Will Force Gun Owners to Cover Costs of Gun Violence After Mass Shooting​

"
Jamie Ross
Wed, June 30, 2021, 10:35 AM·2 min read

Reuters/Peter DaSilva

Reuters/Peter DaSilva
Just five weeks after last month’s massacre at a San Jose light-rail yard that left nine people dead, the city has taken unprecedented gun-control action.
In a unanimous vote Tuesday night, San Jose’s city council approved a national first that will see gun owners being forced to compensate taxpayers for the spiraling costs of gun violence. According to the San Francisco Chronicle, gun owners in California’s third-largest city will be required to take out liability insurance for their firearms, and pay an annual tax that will help fund emergency responses to gun-related calls."
Seems to me, people pay for home insurance, rental insurance, umbrella insurance, car insurance and some UE Insurance, and many never see a dime from any claim. Why not gun insurance? Oh yeah, these fatal four words: "shall not be infringed".
Weh-heh-hell ... you got one right. Congratulations.

You missed the point entirely. Civil Actions are settled everyday when mens rea is not proved. Consider the sale of a firearm, does the seller have a duty to make sure the buyer will not murder someone, or leave a gun on a table for a child to kill themselves or others accidently? A seller has a duty to use due diligence before selling a gun or giving a gun to another, IMO.

Due diligence does not include illegally discriminate against some due to race, gender, age, religion, etc.
There likely was no visible indication Mrs. Lanza was going to be killed by her son and he was going to steal her rifle.

Forum List

Back