Sailors’ ‘inability’ to put out arson fire allowed warship’s destruction, Navy saysSailors’ ‘inability’ to put out arson fire allowed warship’s destru

excalibur

Diamond Member
Mar 19, 2015
The disease was 8-years in the making thanks to Øbama and that is why we needed 8-years of Trump to cure the disease.

Instead, the deep state spent 4-years making up lies about President Trump diverting his administration from focusing 100% on all the problems he [Trump] inherited.

Now, after 4-years of Biden-Harris, we will be in even worse shape.

A Navy report published this week on the USS Bonhomme Richard arson fire response found failures including inadequate firefighting training that allowed the arson fire to worsen, damaging the ship beyond repair.
“Although the fire was started by an act of arson, the ship was lost due to an inability to extinguish the fire,” the 434-page report, overseen by U.S. 3rd Fleet commander Vice Adm. Scott Conn, states.
The fire on USS Bonhomme Richard (LHD-6) burned for days, resulting in damages that would have cost $3 billion to repair had the Navy not chosen to scrap the ship. 63 people were injured in the blaze, including 40 Navy personnel and 23 civilians.
In July, the U.S. Navy announced arson charges against an unnamed U.S. Navy sailor. The San Diego Union-Tribune subsequently reported the sailor was identified as 20-year-old Seaman Apprentice Ryan Mays, a sailor who was assigned to the USS Bonhomme Richard after dropping out of the U.S. Navy SEAL’s Basic Underwater Demolition School (BUD/S).
While the Navy has charged a sailor with arson, the newly released report lists three dozen officers and sailors whose individual failings led or contributed to the fire growing out of control.
“In the 19 months executing the ship’s maintenance availability, repeated failures allowed for the accumulation of significant risk and an inadequately prepared crew, which led to an ineffective fire response,” the Navy report states.
In one example of the unprepared state of the crew, the report notes the Command Duty Officer (CDO) who oversaw the initial response to the fire was on his first day on that duty assignment when the fire broke out and lacked the requisite experience to deal with such a problem. At least 10 minutes had elapsed after smoke from the fire was first detected and the initial firefighting response began.
The report states the ship’s firefighting readiness was “marked by a pattern of failed drills, minimal crew participation, an absence of basic knowledge on firefighting in an industrial environment, and unfamiliarity on how to integrate supporting civilian firefighters.”
The report also found combustible materials were left all over the ship and 87 percent of the ship’s fire stations were in “inactive equipment maintenance status” at the time the fire broke out on July 12, 2020.
The report states “there was a lack of urgency,” in the initial response to the fire.
“When initial responders from Ship’s Force descended into Lower V, no one shared the same understanding of what firefighting capability was online, contributing to their failure to apply agent to the fire or set fire boundaries, which enabled smoke and heat to intensify,” the report states.

I have spent 940 hours researching this and have reached the conclusion with very many learned academic and military scholars that the sailors inability to put out arson fire that allowed warships destruction is due to the Navy's inability to build warships that are impervious to the having sailors lacking the ability to put out arson fires on Naval warships are are intentionally set ablaze by by arsonist sailors that engage in arson on Navy warships manned by arsonist Navy arsons.

:26:

The disease was 8-years in the making thanks to Øbama and that is why we needed 8-years of Trump to cure the disease.

Instead, the deep state spent 4-years making up lies about President Trump diverting his administration from focusing 100% on all the problems he [Trump] inherited.

A Navy report published this week on the USS Bonhomme Richard arson fire response found failures including inadequate firefighting training that allowed the arson fire to worsen, damaging the ship beyond repair.
“Although the fire was started by an act of arson, the ship was lost due to an inability to extinguish the fire,” the 434-page report, overseen by U.S. 3rd Fleet commander Vice Adm. Scott Conn, states.
The fire on USS Bonhomme Richard (LHD-6) burned for days, resulting in damages that would have cost $3 billion to repair had the Navy not chosen to scrap the ship. 63 people were injured in the blaze, including 40 Navy personnel and 23 civilians.
In July, the U.S. Navy announced arson charges against an unnamed U.S. Navy sailor. The San Diego Union-Tribune subsequently reported the sailor was identified as 20-year-old Seaman Apprentice Ryan Mays, a sailor who was assigned to the USS Bonhomme Richard after dropping out of the U.S. Navy SEAL’s Basic Underwater Demolition School (BUD/S).
While the Navy has charged a sailor with arson, the newly released report lists three dozen officers and sailors whose individual failings led or contributed to the fire growing out of control.
“In the 19 months executing the ship’s maintenance availability, repeated failures allowed for the accumulation of significant risk and an inadequately prepared crew, which led to an ineffective fire response,” the Navy report states.
In one example of the unprepared state of the crew, the report notes the Command Duty Officer (CDO) who oversaw the initial response to the fire was on his first day on that duty assignment when the fire broke out and lacked the requisite experience to deal with such a problem. At least 10 minutes had elapsed after smoke from the fire was first detected and the initial firefighting response began.
The report states the ship’s firefighting readiness was “marked by a pattern of failed drills, minimal crew participation, an absence of basic knowledge on firefighting in an industrial environment, and unfamiliarity on how to integrate supporting civilian firefighters.”
The report also found combustible materials were left all over the ship and 87 percent of the ship’s fire stations were in “inactive equipment maintenance status” at the time the fire broke out on July 12, 2020.
The report states “there was a lack of urgency,” in the initial response to the fire.
“When initial responders from Ship’s Force descended into Lower V, no one shared the same understanding of what firefighting capability was online, contributing to their failure to apply agent to the fire or set fire boundaries, which enabled smoke and heat to intensify,” the report states.

1640128031690.png

Thilly! Rainbows don't burn...only hate does!

due to the Navy's inability to build warships that are impervious to the having sailors lacking the ability to put out arson fires on Naval warships are are intentionally set ablaze by by arsonist sailors that engage in arson on Navy warships manned by arsonist Navy arsons.
sounds like there's more to the story......?

~S~

Dead in the Water

Affirmative Action at Annapolis and a multi-gender navy naturally result in such incompetence. Our enemies are thrilled at our New Age Navy.

Dead in the Water

Affirmative Action at Annapolis and a multi-gender navy naturally result in such incompetence. Our enemies are thrilled at our New Age Navy.

My dad was on a destroyer converted to be a sub hunter back in his day, and my old boss was a reactor operator on a nuclear submarine. Between the two of them I heard of ungodly amounts of preparation in their day, cross training, drills and a whole lot more.

Every I was dotted and every T crossed, and there had to be 2 other people there to verify.

My dad told me when they got like parts for the ship say a motor shaft or something it came with a manifest that showed everything from where the metal was originally foundered at, to where it was made and basically it's entire journey to their ship. My boss told me when they did service on the reactor it took 3 people to insert a screw. One person to read the procedure, one person to do it and one to supervise.

I cant imagine a navy vessel where this happened and failed so spectacularly.

Dead in the Water

Phooey.

The single gender and vast majority White Male army was unprepared for combat going into Korea. That failure wasn’t due to women, or minorities. It was due to lack of training.

Lack of training was also the major contributing factor in the loss of the ship. People spent too much time waiting to be told what to do. Somebody else was supposed to do that.

Fire is extremely dangerous, and the larger it gets, the more difficult to control. The size of the blaze can literally double every thirty seconds. It was ten minutes before someone sounded the alarm. That is twenty doublings from the point where someone saw it.

Admirals are responsible because they must insist that the ships are run safely, and that the standards are met. The Ship Captain is responsible because it is his responsibility to insure that his crew is trained and prepared. The Executive Officer is responsible because scheduling drills is part of his job.

And it comes down to the sailors who saw the fire, not sounding the alarm, not certain what to do, and so they did nothing for far too long. Until finally the fire is going so hot, and so large of an area, that you can’t even access the fire to start fighting it.

Blaming Minorities is the action of the small minded bigot. Blaming anything but the failure to maintain a minimum standard of safety, by insuring that the troops are trained, is idiocy.

Because this isn’t the first time this has happened in history. Poorly trained troops in the early days of Korea died in great numbers. Like those sailors, they were uncertain what to do. The leaders didn’t know what to do either. They were not trained, and they were not prepared to fight a war. A bunch of guys who dress the same are not an Army. Just as a bunch of guys who dress the same are not a ship’s crew.

It takes more. It take someone to train the crew. It takes someone to drill the crew as if it is a real threat. And it takes the willingness to train them. But the danger of running drills is that if the crew fails, then the Captain looks bad, and the Admiral Looks bad, and everyone looks bad. Instead of viewing it as an area in which we need improvement and more training, it is viewed as a failure. So if we don’t drill, we don’t fail, and if we don’t fail, nothing bad happens to my career.

Idiocy on your part does not make your assertions true, or wise. In fact, you demonstrate your own limited intelligence in making those statements.

My dad was on a destroyer converted to be a sub hunter back in his day, and my old boss was a reactor operator on a nuclear submarine. Between the two of them I heard of ungodly amounts of preparation in their day, cross training, drills and a whole lot more.

Every I was dotted and every T crossed, and there had to be 2 other people there to verify.

My dad told me when they got like parts for the ship say a motor shaft or something it came with a manifest that showed everything from where the metal was originally foundered at, to where it was made and basically it's entire journey to their ship. My boss told me when they did service on the reactor it took 3 people to insert a screw. One person to read the procedure, one person to do it and one to supervise.

It comes down to the Zero Defect Military. That and not the idiocy put forth by the ill informed is mostly to blame.

I was Army myself. Let me tell you a story.

When the National Training Center was started, it was intended to be the toughest training in the world for Soldiers. The Opposing Force was a dedicated unit, not a scratch team thrown together to be cannon fodder. They were trained extensively, and prepared to fight on the terrain. The Blue Force was seeing the terrain for the first time.

OPFOR wiped the floor with the larger units, with ease. Units that kicked ass in Iraq during Desert Storm, were wiped out in detail at NTC when they started the training cycles again. The training was harder than real combat.

When the Army first started NTC, they would relieve commanders on the spot for incompetence for being wiped out by a smaller and theoretically inferior force. It took several rotations and relieved commanders before the Army started to learn. NTC was different. It was going to be harder to win there than anywhere in the world. The OPFOR was the greatest Soviet Style Rifle Regiment in the world.

Hard training is what makes soldiers. Or Sailors. The harder you train them, the better they will do when the hard times come.

Now, to the zero defect Military.

If the Captain orders a firefighting drill, it has to be an easy one, because that way the crew passes the drill. And the reports show the crew is trained, and everyone is happy. They aren’t doing the hard training they need to. And whatever training they were doing, was scripted before hand. Bob, when you hear fire, you pull that handle right there. Got it?

Scripted training looks good, and feels good, and everyone feels confident that if the fire does start, they know what to do. Bob pulls the handle. No problem.

But they aren’t trained, they’re rehearsed. Like actors playing a part. For ten minutes nobody did anything. Then the response was poorly managed, and inadequate. By the time the “professionals” arrived it was too late to do anything. The fire had spread too far, and was too inaccessible.

Poor training, and desperation on the part of the career sailors to keep any deficiencies out of their records. Any deficiency would result in a dead career. Zero Defects.

1640154203263.png

Saw this coming a couple decades ago.

Makes me glad I got the frak out.

Maybe they can promote some more ass kissers who take credit for stuff they didn't do because they wouldn't be able to accomplish it if they did have to do it.

*****SMILE*****

:)

Black Lazy Moochers

Your Dad's Navy was Ray Cyst!!! You've triggered the Bidenistas, so you better watch out; you better not pout, cuz Bidenclaws is coming to town!
He knows when you are awake and not woke.

Forum List

Back