Russia's new S-550 air-defence system rolled out – TASS

land, mobile Iskander
airborne Kinzhal
last week naval Zirkon tests are completed, mass production starts..
Which means that the Russians don't have hypersonic missiles now.

Isklander is not a hypersonic cruise missile (which is what hypersonics as usually define are).

perfect, just perfect, you will need them in coming civil war :lol:

This is America. We have civil wars here just for entertainment.

But should Russia, China, or any other low-grade shithole country decides they want to get froggy and trample out dandelions here in the US, watch how fast we come together and stomp their ass to the curb.

53eb8f0f6bb3f76f44056f56

This is America. We have civil wars here just for entertainment.

But should Russia, China, or any other low-grade shithole country decides they want to get froggy and trample out dandelions here in the US, watch how fast we come together and stomp their ass to the curb.

53eb8f0f6bb3f76f44056f56
you have the biggest debt and budget deficite, so all your carriers, if not sunk by Russian or Chinese hypersonic missiles, will just rot in your ports without money to maintain them in a couple of years

or, will be used in your civil war agaist former compatriots :)

your economy is lethally sick and there is no way out, you will fall by themselves as USSR did and we will be telling others as you do now that we defeated you in the cold war 2.0 :)

you have the biggest debt and budget deficite, so all your carriers, if not sunk by Russian or Chinese hypersonic missiles, will just rot in your ports without money to maintain them in a couple of years

or, will be used in your civil war agaist former compatriots :)

your economy is lethally sick and there is no way out, you will fall by themselves as USSR did and we will be telling others as you do now that we defeated you in the cold war 2.0 :)

How are those Russian aircraft carriers?
How's the Kursk?

Russia seems to be superior in creating hypersonic missiles and anti-aircraft/missile defence.

The US has had these capabilities for a long time now.

However, they developed them differently. Split between permanent land based systems, and systems that are deployed on ships.

And to ask me, this is a rather stupid thing to have done. Why would you need something like this in a mobile ground based system?

The US has had these capabilities for a long time now.

However, they developed them differently. Split between permanent land based systems, and systems that are deployed on ships.

And to ask me, this is a rather stupid thing to have done. Why would you need something like this in a mobile ground based system?

We saw how Patriot could prevent basic drobes of Houthi rebels from destroying Saudi oil plants... - it completely failed.

as well US hypersonic missiles tests fail one after another, what hypersonic missile does thd US has?

while Russia has hypersonic Kinzhal already, and even not hypersonic Iskander excedes everything the US has, and US LRPF missile will appear only in 2027....

We saw how Patriot could prevent basic drobes of Houthi rebels from destroying Saudi oil plants... - it completely failed.

Actually, the issue is several things.

First, where were they placed? The oil plants are huge and they have dozens of them. Saudi Arabia does not have enough missile batteries to protect all of them. No more than the US could put PATRIOT at every military base even if they wanted to. You can't protect everything.

And what missiles were they firing? Because unless it has changed, Saudi Arabia bought GEM missiles for their PATRIOT system. That is the first generation made for anti-missile tasks, and is not really all that good at it. They should be using at a minimum the GEM+ or optimally the GEM/T missiles.

Or even better, upgrade from the old systems and get some PAC-3 launchers.

You see, here is the problem. I actually know what Saudi Arabia is using, and that is not the right missile to use against ballistic missiles. It will work, barely. It is a design from post Gulf War, and the US is using missiles decades newer.

The F-117 was announced to the public in 1988. And first used in 1989 in Panama. It was nothing like a secret by the time of the Gulf War.
It may not have been a "secret" anymore, but the Iraq gulf war was where the world got to really see it widespread in action well covered for the first time where the enemy was caught totally unprepared with pants down for it.

Panama was well covered also at the time.
I really don't remember turning on the TV set and seeing the Panama War on the evening news as the top story with everyone sitting around saying: "Look at the Stealth fighters!" I don't know, maybe our enemies were.

But I definitely remember the night GW started kicking Iraqi ass with them with the Iraqi's madly shooting wildly in the air in all directions trying to hit an invisible target.

Beating Panama was nothing. But kicking Saddam's ass definitely got the world noticed.

I really don't remember turning on the TV set and seeing the Panama War on the evening news as the top story with everyone sitting around saying: "Look at the Stealth fighters!" I don't know, maybe our enemies were.

But I definitely remember the night GW started kicking Iraqi ass with them with the Iraqi's madly shooting wildly in the air in all directions trying to hit an invisible target.

Because there was little build-up, it started and was over within a few days. Where as in Iraq, the invasion of Kuwait was in August 1990, and the bombing in January 1991. And of course the CNN team with the fantastic view of the attack from their hotel room.

But to be honest, I am not surprised. Not an insult, but most civilians know little to nothing about most things like that that go on. I am constantly surprised I have to remind many when Grenada was, or the attack on the Marine Barracks in Lebanon. Or how many have absolutely no idea that China went to war with Vietnam in a month long war in 1979 and thoroughly smashed their military. Then simply turned around and went home.

Or why in 1999 and 2000 I was watching the news out of Afghanistan, and could not understand why I was getting so upset at what was going on.

Not an attack, simply that those of us in the military look at things that go on around the world very differently. I could probably name dozens of things I knew about going on around the world that most who never served completely missed. It was simply not important to them.

Forum List

Back