Russians frozen out of D Day Commemoration

If it weren't for the "Russians", read 'Stalin' and his detestable authoritarian rule, Poland would not have been invaded. Remember Molotov-Ribbentrop?
Who stabbed France in the back (twice)? Once in WWI, making a separate peace with Germany, and again when if secretly gave the go ahead to Hitler. I don't know if it can be said the Russians won WWII, but it can be argued they fostered it.
"Remember Molotov-Ribbentrop?"
It was more in depth than that.

German–Soviet Credit Agreement (1939) - Wikipedia

German–Soviet Commercial Agreement (1940) - Wikipedia

German–Soviet Border and Commercial Agreement - Wikipedia

German–Soviet Axis talks - Wikipedia

I dont know why .
I know that relations are strained but the Soviets were our allies and we would not have won without them.

It seems very petty.

Not that difficult to imagine what would have awaited that beachhead had the bulk of the German forces not been tied down at the eastern front.
if if if if if if if
but they were not
.....imagine if Russia had not helped Germany START WW2 !!!!!!!!!!! by signing the Non-Aggression Pact !!!!!!

I dont know why .
I know that relations are strained but the Soviets were our allies and we would not have won without them.

It seems very petty.

Not that difficult to imagine what would have awaited that beachhead were the bulk of the German forces not tied down at the eastern front.
Its not part of the narrative is it ?

Don't back track, you never read a history book you moron.

Not sure where I am back tracking. Russians were the biggest casualties of the war. Didnt they earn a seat at the table?

I dont know why .

It seems very petty.

Not that difficult to imagine what would have awaited that beachhead were the bulk of the German forces not tied down at the eastern front.

Not sure where I am back tracking. Russians were the biggest casualties of the war. Didnt they earn a seat at the table?

What does that have to do with D day You frickin yanker? And if I had my way Patton would of marched right into Moscow.

I dont know why .

It seems very petty.

The biggest casualties of a war they arguably caused.

I dont know why .

It seems very petty.
you would be upset not to be invited to a Kursk ceremony????!!!!!!!!????

I dont know why .

It seems very petty.

I agree that ultimately it was petty and a bit of an insult to russia (at a time when we need cooler political heads to prevail)....

However.....

it seems to me russia wants too much credit for helping to beat germany while ignoring the fact that they HELPED Germany at the beginning of the war and actually profited (land grabbing) by Germanys aggression;

"The Molotov–Ribbentrop Pact signed in August 1939 was a non-aggression agreement between Germany and the Soviet Union. It contained a secret protocol aiming to return Central Europe to the pre–World War I status quo by dividing it between Germany and the Soviet Union. Finland, Estonia, Latvia and Lithuania would return to the Soviet control, while Poland and Romania would be divided.[citation needed] The Eastern Front was also made possible by the German–Soviet Border and Commercial Agreement in which the Soviet Union gave Germany the resources necessary to launch military operations in Eastern Europe.[12]

On 1 September 1939 Germany invaded Poland, starting World War II. On 17 September, the Soviet Union invaded Eastern Poland, and, as a result, Poland was partitioned among Germany, the Soviet Union and Lithuania. Soon after that, the Soviet Union demanded significant territorial concessions from Finland, and after Finland rejected Soviet demands, the Soviet Union attacked Finland on 30 November 1939 in what became known as the Winter War – a bitter conflict that resulted in a peace treaty on 13 March 1940, with Finland maintaining its independence but losing its eastern parts in Karelia.[13]

In June 1940 the Soviet Union occupied and illegally annexed the three Baltic states (Estonia, Latvia and Lithuania).[13] The Molotov–Ribbentrop Pact ostensibly provided security to the Soviets in the occupation both of the Baltics and of the north and northeastern regions of Romania (Northern Bukovina and Bessarabia, June–July 1940), although Hitler, in announcing the invasion of the Soviet Union, cited the Soviet annexations of Baltic and Romanian territory as having violated Germany's understanding of the Pact. Moscow partitioned the annexed Romanian territory between the Ukrainian and Moldavian Soviet republics."

So...yes....hitler made a big mistake in attacking russia....

and if hitler had NOT attacked russia then russia would NEVER HAVE BEEN INVOLVED in the defeat of germany.

They would merely have picked up more territory and slaughtered more people..

I dont know why .

It seems very petty.

They were among the biggest casualties of Stalin as well.

Hitler gone, but half of Europe under a dictatorship.

I tend to agree with Goering, who said the Nuremberg Trials had no authority because the Soviet Union was also a dictatorship and did the same things Nazi Germany did. Not that what Germany did should not be punished and they were definitely crimes. Just that it was very one sided. In many places Nazi soldiers behaved better than the Red Army, the Soviets stealing dresses and jewelry from women, watches and whatnot, raping and so on.

The Nazis also stole famous paintings, but that is more of a niche item. They did all kinds of things to Jews...

The first victim of war, as they say, is the truth.

What truth, you never read a history book either.

His beloved book #1 is Quran.
All he need to know about history he got from it

Listen you little twat the god damn Russians didn't land on Normandy

Yep, they didn't because them already won WWII.
Your fecal 'language' betray your IQ-20, your liberal affinity and maximal three years of 'education' in a public school.
Your 'posts' are throwing of feces without any sense.

2fd4b00ff1d37bb61bc1b6ea92cbf5e1.jpg

I dont know why .

It seems very petty.

I tend to agree with Goering, who said the Nuremberg Trials had no authority because the Soviet Union was also a dictatorship and did the same things Nazi Germany did. Not that what Germany did should not be punished and they were definitely crimes. Just that it was very one sided. In many places Nazi soldiers behaved better than the Red Army, the Soviets stealing dresses and jewelry from women, watches and whatnot, raping and so on.

The Nazis also stole famous paintings, but that is more of a niche item. They did all kinds of things to Jews...
....just because someone commits a crime and gets away with it, doesn't mean someone else who commits the same crime is not guilty or should not be punished
....of COURSE Goering would say that ...hahahahhahahahhahahah

Your fecal 'language' betray your IQ-20, your liberal affinity and maximal three years of 'education' in a public school.

What you don't speak English commie?

If only Patton destroyed you...

I dont know why .

It seems very petty.

@ half of Europe under a dictatorship.
plus China, 50% of Korea , Vietnam, Cambodia , Cuba etc.

What you don't speak English commie?

If only Patton destroyed you...
+1, and this Borat posted the Stalinist moderated picture

I dont know why .

It seems very petty.

Hitler had weak ideology, nothing compere to Lenin ´s Marxism , it was very easy to convict Nazis. whats REALLY FUNNY, that Goering´s lawyers did really bad job. even today very few know that commie - Stalinists have not even closed Nazi death camps , many of them were in use by commies even in 50th

I dont know why .

It seems very petty.

"Russians were the biggest casualties of the war" yes, and koba + zhukov, etc. killed most of them (not Hitler)

I don't recall seeing Russians on the beaches.
They were one of the allies. You do know that dont you ?

Soviets were pretty lousy allies, considering they helped Nazi Germany invade Poland, they also killed over 22,000 Poles in Katyn, and Soviets even supplied Nazis with most of their raw materials, in the German - Soviet Credit Agreement / German - Soviet Commercial Agreement.

I dont know why .

It seems very petty.

Soviets played the biggest role in both enabling, and disabling Nazis.

Without Soviets giving Nazis so much raw materials, it is unlikely Nazis could've been so powerful.

Forum List

Back