Russians frozen out of D Day Commemoration

I dont know why .
I know that relations are strained but the Soviets were our allies and we would not have won without them.

It seems very petty.

Not that difficult to imagine what would have awaited that beachhead were the bulk of the German forces not tied down at the eastern front.
Its not part of the narrative is it ?

The Russian winter had as much to do with the Eastern Front.
But his point still holds. If it wasnt for the Russians what would have happened. And in any case Mrs Merkel was there representing our new friends.Surely that shit Putin could have had an invite.

Why do you care?

I dont know why .
I know that relations are strained but the Soviets were our allies and we would not have won without them.

It seems very petty.

Not that difficult to imagine what would have awaited that beachhead were the bulk of the German forces not tied down at the eastern front.

The Russian winter had as much to do with the Eastern Front.
But his point still holds. If it wasnt for the Russians what would have happened. And in any case Mrs Merkel was there representing our new friends.Surely that shit Putin could have had an invite.

Why do you care?
I am not losing sleep over it but if we are remembering sacrifice...........................

I dont know why .

It seems very petty.

1) only from 1941 to 1945, before summer 41 soviets were Nazi allies , 2) "Russia" (RF) fought on Hitler side up to very end of 1945 , don't you know that ?
240px-Vlasflag1.jpg

752587.jpg

q4802-300x212.jpg

crop

Ivan Ilyin, Putin's Philosopher of Russian Fascism | by Timothy Snyder ...

https://www.nybooks.com/daily/.../ivan-ilyin-putins-philosopher-of-russian-fascism/

Mar 16, 2018 - Ivan Ilyin, Putin's Philosopher of Russian Fascism .... parliament twice, and then illegally changed the electoral system to ensure that it was ...

The fascist philosophy behind Vladimir Putin's Russia - Big Think

https://bigthink.com/.../timothy-snyder-the-fascist-philosopher-behind-vladimir-putins-r...

May 18, 2018 - The fascist philosopher behind Vladimir Putin's information warfare .... Snyder gives a crash course in three pillars of Ilyin's philosophy of ...

Stalin was more a threat to his own people than to anyone else. Then postwar England embraced Communism in many ways. Lots of Russian sympathizers there.

Stalin was more a threat to his own people than to anyone else. Then postwar England embraced Communism in many ways. Lots of Russian sympathizers there.
"Stalin was more a threat to his own people than to anyone else" No, its not true

World revolution - Wikipedia

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_revolution

World revolution is the Marxist concept of overthrowing capitalism in all countries through the .... Stalin in Power: The Revolution from Above 1928-1941 by Robert C. Tucker, W. W. Norton & Company, 1992, ISBN 0-393-30869-3, pg 608 ...

It is well documented that Stalin murdered 20 MILLION of his own people purely out of paranoia.

I dont know why .

It seems very petty.

If not for the earlier soviet alliance with the nazis, there might not have been a war at all.

Though in that case, no generations long soviet oppression and tyranny over half of europe, and I know you would hate that.

We should never forget how the Soviets won World War II in Europe

For Russia's neighbors, it's hard to separate the Soviet triumph from the decades of Cold War domination that followed. One can also lament the way the sacrifices of the past inform the muscular Russian nationalism now peddled by Putin and his Kremlin allies. But we shouldn't forget how the Soviets won World War II in Europe.

It would be better for all of us if we were all on the same side today.

Actually, there wasn't such a thing as Russia at the time. There was the Soviet Union which comprised of more than a dozen republics. And almost every one had its share in WWII.

Actually, there wasn't such a thing as Russia at the time. There was the Soviet Union which comprised of more than a dozen republics. And almost every one had its share in WWII.
"there wasn't such a thing as Russia at the time. There was the Soviet Union which comprised of more than a dozen republics." +1, and Vlasov´s Russia was Hitler´s ally ,

crop

+ commie USSR i
s dead 30 years already

If it weren't for the "Russians", read 'Stalin' and his detestable authoritarian rule, Poland would not have been invaded. Remember Molotov-Ribbentrop?
Who stabbed France in the back (twice)? Once in WWI, making a separate peace with Germany, and again when if secretly gave the go ahead to Hitler. I don't know if it can be said the Russians won WWII, but it can be argued they fostered it.

I dont know why .

It seems very petty.

Don't back track, you never read a history book you moron.

We should never forget how the Soviets won World War II in Europe

For Russia's neighbors, it's hard to separate the Soviet triumph from the decades of Cold War domination that followed. One can also lament the way the sacrifices of the past inform the muscular Russian nationalism now peddled by Putin and his Kremlin allies. But we shouldn't forget how the Soviets won World War II in Europe.

It would be better for all of us if we were all on the same side today.
what are you talking about ? koba- stalin was Hitler´s ally up to summer 1941

rTWXgsg4PhQ.jpg

"The brotherly peoples have set up a meeting
Over the enemy city.
Every time they shake their hands –
Britain cracks.
(The bombs hit London )"

nazi soviet
pact...

Molotov–Ribbentrop Pact - Wikipedia

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Molotov–Ribbentrop_Pact

Jump to The Soviet war with Finland and the Katyn Massacre - Nazi Germany had requested the territory west of the Šešupė ... The Soviets demanded territories on the Karelian ... it as a pretext to withdraw from the non-aggression pact.

German–Soviet Credit Agreement (1939) - Wikipedia

German–Soviet Commercial Agreement (1940) - Wikipedia

German–Soviet Border and Commercial Agreement - Wikipedia

German–Soviet Axis talks - Wikipedia

WW2 poster, story behind? Who and when it was made ?

"Documents recently discovered in the archives of the KGB of the Ukrainian SSR, open to researchers after the 2014 revolution, show how the NKVD passed on to the Gestapo refugees from Germany, hoping to find salvation from Hitler in the USSR.

The protocol, dated January 5, 1938, was signed by the People's Commissar Yezhov and Prosecutor Vyshinsky. It lists the names of 45 citizens of Germany, Austria and other countries sentenced to expulsion from the USSR. After Stalin and Hitler became allies in 1939, the extradition of refugees to the Nazis was put on stream. Until the summer of 1941, the NKVD transported hundreds of people to Germany. The majority were members of the Communist Party of Germany defeated by Hitler. Stalin sent the communists and Jews who sought salvation from Nazism in the USSR to Hit"
48D06B86-C7FC-4C5C-93D9-FD6FC2508548_w1023_r1_s.jpg

Google Translate

Forum List

Back