Russians frozen out of D Day Commemoration

Tommy Tainant

Diamond Member
Jan 20, 2016
Y Cae Ras
I dont know why .
I know that relations are strained but the Soviets were our allies and we would not have won without them.

It seems very petty.

I dont know why .
I know that relations are strained but the Soviets were our allies and we would not have won without them.

It seems very petty.

Not that difficult to imagine what would have awaited that beachhead had the bulk of the German forces not been tied down at the eastern front.

Last edited:
I dont know why .

It seems very petty.

Not that difficult to imagine what would have awaited that beachhead were the bulk of the German forces not tied down at the eastern front.
Its not part of the narrative is it ?

I dont know why .

It seems very petty.

Not that difficult to imagine what would have awaited that beachhead were the bulk of the German forces not tied down at the eastern front.

The Russian winter had as much to do with the Eastern Front.

I dont know why .

It seems very petty.

The Russian winter had as much to do with the Eastern Front.
But his point still holds. If it wasnt for the Russians what would have happened. And in any case Mrs Merkel was there representing our new friends.Surely that shit Putin could have had an invite.

I dont know why .

It seems very petty.

China was our ally as well. They didn't play a major role in D-Day.

It IS petty because Stalin had asked for a Second front to help tie up the Germans in 1943, which ended up being Operation Torch in the Mediterranean basin, which helped the Russians as it drew off some German troops to Afrika then Italy afterwards.

USSR was an ally at the time, who at first depended on American war materials to help them get back on their feet in 1942, thus several reasons why they should have been allowed to be part of the ceremony. It was a JOINT effort to beat down the Germans, they from the East, British/Americans from the West, thus should be jointly commemorated.

Were they involved in D-Day?

I don't recall seeing Russians on the beaches.
How many Germans took part?
Millions. You realize we FOUGHT the Germans right?
But we didn´t partake in the D-Day.
Yes you did the Germans were the ones we attacked you are WHY DDay occurred.
Whether a "D-Day" would have taken place or not, the Germans would have been in their posts, anyway. They didn´t partake.

Forum List

Back