Russia is now claiming to want peace talks with Ukraine

Very limited view... Europe knows that Biden has been playing a master class in international diplomacy... Biden isn't even having to lead, EU are the ones sending arms and imposing sanctions, YES, that is bloody EU....

How do we think this happened? Biden!!! US soft power at its finest... US intelligence was bang on and they prepared the response... Nobody was stopping Putin doing this, the guy was determined to make this brain dead move... Putin screwed up, it is not Biden winning but it is Putin loosing..
Absolutely...the EU seen that Biden absolutely wasn't going to do anything other than say "no no" to Putin...they figured out that they needed to step up and do something or else it wasn't going to get done at all.... Russia has been under sanctions. New ones don't mean diddly squat.

Now between the corporate world deciding they don't want anything to do with Russia, the Russian economy is going to have roughly 30% evaporate overnight.
That's real pain. We get unruly and whine when we don't have 3-6% growth every year.

The current biggest fear is a rogue NATO nation firing off a host of Nuclear Missiles into Russia. Then it will really get ugly.

With all the threats Putin has made over Ukraine, even implying any help for Ukraine could lead to nuclear war, after the Russian economy has been dropping like a stone in the face of Hundreds of billions of dollars in sanctions, including the Swiss freazing Putin's personal bank accounts. and even threatening to seize all Russian money in Swiss banks permantly,, Russia is now wanting peace talks. Ukraine is wanting to officialy join both the EU and NATO, which would destroy Russia's plans, which is also the reason why Putin went as far as implying threats of nuclear war if this were allowed.

But Russia is in no place to make demends. They figured that Ukraine was small enough that the wor;d would just ignore the invasion, and the opposite happened. Now, they are face an economic collapse if the sanctions continue.

And, with them attacking merchant ships, several nations might be considered declaring war. Turkey has already started considering blocking all Russian passage into the Black Sea, including their merchant ships, which would further destroy Russia's economy.

I say we bring Ukraine into NATO and then just for the fun of it, we continue destroying the Russian economy through sanctions. FUCK RUSSIA.
Before the war started I didn't know there was such a thing as "Peace Keeping Troops", sounds like an oxymoron. Now I know you can have Peace Keeping Tanks, Nukes, Missiles, Atomic Bombs. Putin taught me something new I never knew before until now.

I say, fuck Putin and the oligarchy, not Russia and its people.
I have a compromise---we leave the sanctions on until the other russians put Putins head on a stick and withdraw from the Ukraine.

With all the threats Putin has made over Ukraine, even implying any help for Ukraine could lead to nuclear war, after the Russian economy has been dropping like a stone in the face of Hundreds of billions of dollars in sanctions, including the Swiss freazing Putin's personal bank accounts. and even threatening to seize all Russian money in Swiss banks permantly,, Russia is now wanting peace talks. Ukraine is wanting to officialy join both the EU and NATO, which would destroy Russia's plans, which is also the reason why Putin went as far as implying threats of nuclear war if this were allowed.

But Russia is in no place to make demends. They figured that Ukraine was small enough that the wor;d would just ignore the invasion, and the opposite happened. Now, they are face an economic collapse if the sanctions continue.

And, with them attacking merchant ships, several nations might be considered declaring war. Turkey has already started considering blocking all Russian passage into the Black Sea, including their merchant ships, which would further destroy Russia's economy.

I say we bring Ukraine into NATO and then just for the fun of it, we continue destroying the Russian economy through sanctions. FUCK RUSSIA.
Putin is a gaslighter.

It is interesting to see the current value of the Ruble against the Dollar.

The problem is the Ukraine is in violation.
They agreed to pay for the oil/gas they stole and never have, they promised to not try to join NATO and they did, they promised to not abuse ethnic Russians and they are abusing them instead.
Then it was the Ukraine who broke off negotiations, which essentially was a declaration of war.

Sorry, but anyone who thinks Putin is the bad guy in this is ignorant.

They agreed to pay for the oil/gas they stole and never have, they promised to not try to join NATO and they did, they promised to not abuse ethnic Russians and they are abusing them instead.
Then it was the Ukraine who broke off negotiations, which essentially was a declaration of war.

WOW...it's like you literally can repeat Putin word for word.

IF.....and thats a big IF......all this is actually working and crippling Putin.......the ONLY WAY a discussion should be had about removing the sanctions is if Putin agrees to STEP DOWN. He should not be allowed to continue as the leader of Russia.
You cannot have successful negotiations unless you give the other side an 'out.'

Taking that away is basically saying you do not want negotiations to be successful. That is rather inane.

AFAIK, the 'peace' talks were essentially demanding a surrender.

Which is really not a real attempt at peace talks. It does not look to me like Russia is really ready to withdraw without a major success here. At a bare minimum, I imagine Putin is going to demand a complete change of government in Ukraine as that would give him the cover of his lie that he is there to remove the 'Nazi' influence there.

And I do not see that as a viable option. Does anyone else?

WOW...it's like you literally can repeat Putin word for word.

It is obvious from what has been happening for decades now.
The Ukraine has been corrupt, stealing oil, getting illegal weapons from the US, etc.
It is not coming from Putin, but all sources.
What is odd is how many think nothing happened before the Russian invasion, like that it was the Ukraine that cut off the negotiations in what amounted to a declaration of war.

It is obvious from what has been happening for decades now.
The Ukraine has been corrupt, stealing oil, getting illegal weapons from the US, etc.
It is not coming from Putin, but all sources.
What is odd is how many think nothing happened before the Russian invasion, like that it was the Ukraine that cut off the negotiations in what amounted to a declaration of war.
Yeah...and Putin is a hero of the people's republic...

You cannot have successful negotiations unless you give the other side an 'out.'

Taking that away is basically saying you do not want negotiations to be successful. That is rather inane.

The negotiations should be about when the Ukraine is going to pay back what it owes for the stolen oil, and how the Ukraine is in violation for trying to join NATO.
It is the government of the Ukraine that needs to be imprisoned for their crimes.

if someone has a judgement against you, you don’t have a right to invade their home with guns and take it over

Dont get carried away

if the russians withdraw from all parts of ukraine thats a win for the west

but that has not happened yet

Forum List

Back