Rush's Neil Peart, the Hall of Fame drummer who set a new standard for rock virtuosity, dies at 67

Peart was a personal hero of mine growing up...I played drums for a garage band back in the late 70's, and met him once back stage at a battle of the bands near East Lansing Mi....Cool dude...Also, I remember seeing Rush play the Silver Dollar saloon also near East Lansing....For those that may know of the history....

May God hold and keep him close to his love.....Music has lost a great.

That's gonna leave a mark.

RIP

Yep. Peart was a significant contributor to the soundtrack of my youth...

And every year, more and more of my youth seems to be dying...

Growing old ain't for pussies...

Neil, may you be in Heaven a full half hour before the Devil knows you're dead.

Mine too. Shit he was only 7 years older than me.

Wow! Just saw this. It sucks.

One of the greatest drummers ever. The dude was unbelievable.

Saw them at Cobo Hall in the 70s, a couple times. Ticket price $7.50.

Sad day for Rock & Roll.

I’ll never forget hearing Hemispheres for the first time. Gonna be rocking it all weekend.

" A Farewell To Kings.... #RIPNeilPeart A true Canadian and rock n roll hero!! Thanks Neil for your stories and your dedication to your craft. You taught me a lot about life and history..and hopefully someday I will still own a Red Barchetta, which was my dream when I was 13." - Crazy Chris Jericho

" Absolutely Horrible News. Neal Peart has died after fighting brain cancer for years. His later life was filled with so much family tragedy. So, so sad. I’m just shocked." - Sassy Paul Stanley

" This is so incredibly sad. Neil, Geddy & Alex changed my life as a young, aspiring bassist. Neil was the top of the list for rock drummers to me and so many in my generation. " - Megadeth's Dastardly Dave Ellefson

“Standing on a lighted stage approaches the unreal, for those who think a feel”.

Forum List

Back