Rush's Neil Peart, the Hall of Fame drummer who set a new standard for rock virtuosity, dies at 67

here's Neil with Peter Criss of Kiss!

EN9RKhFWkAY9VzM

Cranking “Working Man” right now, in his honor.

John Rutsey was the drummer on that album.

So what, just crank it up.

I was just letting him know...lots of people don't know that.
Nothing against Alex, I assure you, but I've always thought that Rush's first album was their best album.

When I was a teenager Rush was always a "do not miss" band to see in concert. My car broke down one day and I actually stole a car (a felony in Ohio) and drove to Cleveland to get to a Rush concert.

LOL....No shit? But yeah....I've seen them about a dozen times....
A Rush concert was never just another rock concert, it was an event.

Neil Peart was so fucking good that John Bonham is trending. His death is literally raising the dead. Bummer day.

John Rutsey was the drummer on that album.

Nothing against Alex, I assure you, but I've always thought that Rush's first album was their best album.

When I was a teenager Rush was always a "do not miss" band to see in concert. My car broke down one day and I actually stole a car (a felony in Ohio) and drove to Cleveland to get to a Rush concert.

how so?

how so?
I dunno, ask them. Outstanding musicianship. 3 virtuosos on one stage. Lots of LSD. Purple microdots.

That's gonna leave a mark.

RIP

Yep. Peart was a significant contributor to the soundtrack of my youth...

And every year, more and more of my youth seems to be dying...

Growing old ain't for pussies...

Neil, may you be in Heaven a full half hour before the Devil knows you're dead.

As he was to my teenaged and young adult years. He was a gifted lyricist. This one makes me feel my age. Time for a double scotch and to crank "The Red Barchetta" up on the puter. RIP Neal.

"My cousin gave me some Rush CD’s when I was 13, I immediately was hooked on Neil’s playing. When I was 14, we went & saw him play on the Snakes & Arrows tour. I love that my entire social media is flooded with nothing but for Neil Peart. I’m glad he’s no longer in pain. Thank you for the inspiration man. Rest easy." - The World Alive's Handsome Luke Holland

It's weird seeing pictures of Neil Peart because whenever I saw Rush in concert you couldn't see him. He was always buried inside that huge drum kit.

I recognize his music but not his face.

It's weird seeing pictures of Neil Peart because whenever I saw Rush in concert you couldn't see him. He was always buried inside that huge drum kit.

I recognize his music but not his face.
he was a low key guy. he let his larger than life drumming do the talking!

Forum List

Back