Rush Limbaugh: Hurricane Irma is a liberal hoax!

ABikerSailor

Diamond Member
Aug 26, 2008
Newberry, SC
In yet another attempt to deny climate change, Rush Limbaugh is now saying that hurricanes are a liberal hoax to try to prove climate change is real. Doesn't he realize that hurricanes are naturally occurring weather phenomena, and are not ran by the "deep state"?

Rush is proving himself to be more and more of an idiot every day.

Hurricane Irma is gathering strength over the Atlantic Ocean as it heads towards the Caribbean. Already rated Category 5, it is expected to make landfall in Florida by the end of the week, with many worried about a repeat of the havoc caused in Texas and Louisiana by Hurricane Harvey.

None of that seems to worry Rush Limbaugh.

Limbaugh is not a meteorologist, as he acknowledges at the opening of the monologue, before proceeding to muse on meteorology. He did not immediately respond to a request for comment.

Limbaugh Suggests Hurricane Irma is a Liberal Hoax

why are you listening to that blowhard ABS?.....to me he is about as relevant as Joe Scarborough is.....

Actually Harry, I haven't listened to Rush Limbaugh since 1992, because the Chief that I worked for liked to listen to him in the afternoons. When he transferred and I became LPO, Rush was banned in favor of the local rock and roll station, and nobody had a problem with that because we all (besides the Chief) thought he was a ranting blowhard.

However................I DO check out Yahoo! news during the day and saw this story on their page. I couldn't believe it when I first read it, and thought that others would enjoy hearing how off his rocker he is again.

And who knows? Maybe this claim of his will be so strange and unhinged that maybe it will wake up a conservative or two. There's always hope.

why are you listening to that blowhard ABS?.....to me he is about as relevant as Joe Scarborough is.....

Actually Harry, I haven't listened to Rush Limbaugh since 1992, because the Chief that I worked for liked to listen to him in the afternoons. When he transferred and I became LPO, Rush was banned in favor of the local rock and roll station, and nobody had a problem with that because we all (besides the Chief) thought he was a ranting blowhard.

However................I DO check out Yahoo! news during the day and saw this story on their page. I couldn't believe it when I first read it, and thought that others would enjoy hearing how off his rocker he is again.

And who knows? Maybe this claim of his will be so strange and unhinged that maybe it will wake up a conservative or two. There's always hope.
back in the 90's when i was carrying mail my radio got 2 stations one was the one he was on and the other was KLOS the so called classic rock station of LA, i got tired after a week of his "i know better than you" bullshit and KLOS was playing the same bands and the same songs so i ditched the radio.....silence was golden.....

You know, I'd like to see Limbaugh go down to Houston and tell the people down there that these hurricanes are nothing more than a deep state liberal hoax.

He's probably get his ass beaten and then drowned.

Of course you haven't listened. You didn't listen even when you heard him. You will zealously believe anyone who says anything negative about him though and ignore people who prove them liars.

Funny how bed wetters insisted after Katrina that storms like it would be more intense, and more common. 12 years later we finally have another big storm and bed wetters are jumping up and down insisting they were indoctrinated correctly.

You pukes could not be more pathetic.

In yet another attempt to deny climate change, Rush Limbaugh is now saying that hurricanes are a liberal hoax to try to prove climate change is real. Doesn't he realize that hurricanes are naturally occurring weather phenomena, and are not ran by the "deep state"?

Hurricane Irma is gathering strength over the Atlantic Ocean as it heads towards the Caribbean. Already rated Category 5, it is expected to make landfall in Florida by the end of the week, with many worried about a repeat of the havoc caused in Texas and Louisiana by Hurricane Harvey.

Limbaugh is not a meteorologist, as he acknowledges at the opening of the monologue, before proceeding to muse on meteorology. He did not immediately respond to a request for comment.

/----/ For those interested in the truth (OP excluded of course) in Rush's own words: I Never, Ever Said the Hurricane Was Fake News, Drive-Bys

Of course you haven't listened. You didn't listen even when you heard him. You will zealously believe anyone who says anything negative about him though and ignore people who prove them liars.

Funny how bed wetters insisted after Katrina that storms like it would be more intense, and more common. 12 years later we finally have another big storm and bed wetters are jumping up and down insisting they were indoctrinated correctly.

Hurricanes build strength over warm water. The ocean is warmer. Our hurricanes are getting stronger this year.

/----/ For those interested in the truth (OP excluded of course) in Rush's own words: I Never, Ever Said the Hurricane Was Fake News, Drive-Bys

You can just read the thread title and know it's BS...LOL

/---/ So post the link that has Rush denying hurricanes. Not some lame Rush bashing blog but Rush's actual quote. And why are you afraid to read his article? It actually makes sense.

In moving to a new department, long ago, I had to ride with a guy to help me get familiar with the job. He used to listen to Rush all afternoon, full blast, no shame. My opinion of my co-worker's intelligence dropped by half.

Rush's listeners are the most pathetic and ignorant suck-ups on the planet. I listened in the other day for fifteen minutes, and he hasn't changed a lick over the years. He's still whining and blabbing about the same old shit. Rush is a bigger windbag than any hurricane.

Last edited:
In moving to a new department, long ago, I had to ride with a guy to help me get familiar with the job. He used to listen to Rush all afternoon, full blast, no shame. My opinion of my co-worker's intelligence dropped by half.

Rush's listeners are the most pathetic and ignorant suck-ups on the planet. I listened in the other day for fifteen minutes, and he hasn't change a lick. He's still blabbing about the same old shit. Rush is a bigger windbag than any hurricane.

I don't listen to him or even care much for him but this is not what he said

Hurricanes build strength over warm water. The ocean is warmer. Our hurricanes are getting stronger this year.

There have been 2.

Just 2 so far, and Irma hasn't actually hit yet.

In 2005 when we were told every year would be worse than last, then had 12 years of NOTHING we are supposed to ignore the fact the MMGW zealots were wrong?

If we have 3 this year.... then MAYBE they find some legitimacy.

Rush's listeners are the most pathetic and ignorant suck-ups on the planet. I listened in the other day for fifteen minutes, and he hasn't change a lick. He's still blabbing about the same old shit. Rush is a bigger windbag than any hurricane.
/----/ So you admit you're stuck on stupid. What was Rush talking about in that 15 minutes that you claim you listened to? And what made it BS?

/---/ So post the link that has Rush denying hurricanes. Not some lame Rush bashing blog but Rush's actual quote. And why are you afraid to read his article? It actually makes sense.
is he denying the hurricane or is he denying its climate change related?...

is he denying the hurricane or is he denying its climate change related?...
/----/ He didn't deny hurricanes, he explained his prediction of the most likely path just like everyone else has. Now here is what he said:
RUSH: So here’s another one I didn’t know that happened. The Washington Post. The reporter’s Callum Borchers. Headline: “Rush Limbaugh’s dangerous suggestion that Hurricane Irma Is Fake News.” Now, any of you listening to this program 24 hours ago, did I ever say the hurricane wasn’t there? Did I ever say it wasn’t a big storm? Did I ever call it fake news? I didn’t do any of that. I’m convinced Borchers didn’t even listen. He may have read a transcript out of context from a reporting site or whatever. All I did was tell you how the world works.

All I did was remind everybody that there are people throughout levels of government that believe in climate change, it’s an emotional issue, and they look at for any evidence they can to prove it and they go nuts with it — and that’s exactly what’s happening here. Remember, big hurricane. Algore said after his first book, after Hurricane Katrina, “We’re gonna have these things all the time and they’re gonna get worse and worse and worse ’cause of climate change!” We went 12 years without a single one hitting the United States. Well, now, two of them are hitting and they can barely contain themselves. They want to be right, and so they’re milking this. They’re milking it for all they can get out of it. And the Left went nuts.

There have been 2.

Just 2 so far, and Irma hasn't actually hit yet.

In 2005 when we were told every year would be worse than last, then had 12 years of NOTHING we are supposed to ignore the fact the MMGW zealots were wrong?

If we have 3 this year.... then MAYBE they find some legitimacy.

Would four hurricanes in a month suit you? In addition to hurricane Harvey which nailed Houston, and now Irma is on it's way to Florida, there are two more storms capable of developing hurricanes, Jose and Katia, and Jose is predicted to make hurricane status by Wednesday. By the way, hurricane season isn't over until November.

Irma, Jose and Katia: The three major storms in the Atlantic

But two other storms, Tropical Storm Jose and Tropical Storm Katia, are also on their way, with the former expected to become a hurricane by Wednesday evening.

Tropical Storm Jose

Jose became the 10th named storm of the Atlantic hurricane season on Tuesday. It currently has wind speeds of around 60 mph, but the National Hurricane Center (NHC) predicts it will become a hurricane later on Wednesday.

Jose is currently out at sea but is heading west at a speed of around 13 mph. The NHC has not currently put out any watches or warnings, but has said that authorities in the Leeward Islands—a group of islands also known as the Lesser Antilles—in particular should monitor the storm. Some of the Leeward Islands, such as Barbuda and the U.S. Virgin Islands, have either been affected or are expected to be hit by Irma.

Tropical Storm Katia

A tropical depression that formed in the Gulf of Mexico on Tuesday has strengthened overnight to become Tropical Storm Katia by Wednesday morning. With maximum wind speeds of 40 mph, it is currently located off the east coast of Mexico.

Fortunately, the storm is moving very slowly and is predicted to remain offshore on Friday morning, the NHC said, but could hit Mexico by the weekend. It will lead to heavy rain and flooding in eastern Mexico and the NHC said that a tropical storm watch could be issued for parts of the state of Veracruz later on Wednesday.

Forum List

Back