Where are all the hurricanes?

As a fairly new Florida resident, if not having spent a lot of time here for 15 yrs previous..
I watch everything....
Everything coming of the African coast, up the Gulf, and and East Coast weather.
this allows you to see even some of the Pacific side in motion.

click to see the tropics in motion.

ie now just the still view
View attachment 692759

Full disk:

An wonderful GOES shot but not nearly as informative as the two graphics I posted for what is going on as far as Hurricane strength, direction, and usefulness.

`
That's a beautiful map, abu afak. I wouldn't know how to begin how to predict all those whirls' directions. Thanks for sharing.

It's September and there are still two more months. Hurricane season tends to pick up later in the year. About now and pushing.

I don't know what happened with Danielle. Hurricane Kay is in the pacific. There are concerns that Tropical Storm Earl is going to become a hurricane.

keep praying for a weather disaster stupid democrat

snip

Editor’s Note: As numerous headlines and top stories in various corporate media outlets attested at the time, in May the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) predicted the 2022 hurricane season in the Atlantic Basin would be a busy one with above-normal numbers of hurricanes, possibly quite strong. As noted in a couple of Climate Realism posts recently, that prediction has not panned out. As I write this on August 30, not a single hurricane has formed in the Atlantic Basin since the official beginning of hurricane season on June 1. While not completely unprecedented, this is quite rare. Indeed, even the number of tropical storms and the length of time they were organized as named storms is well below average, this year.

Things may change, and they probably will. More tropical storms and even some hurricanes will almost undoubtedly form in the waning months of hurricane season 2022, but based on what we have seen thus far, it is highly likely NOAA’s ominous warning of more, more powerful storms in 2022 will fail to materialize—a fact for which we can all be thankful.

Heartland Senior Fellow and award-winning meteorologist Anthony Watts recently discussed the unusual—confounding to NOAA—hurricane season so far, how most mainstream media outlets are trying to downplay the good news about hurricanes with a “just watch out; its coming and its bad” spin, and what it says about predictions of climate disaster. Climate Change Weekly presents Watts’ article, in full, below.

‘Hurricane Season Slowest Start in 30 Years’—Media Spins ‘Damage Control’ Stories

shut up and eat your bugs !
Might not have the numbers so far, but the beast is heating up.
I don't think this thread is going to age too well.

New Topics

Forum List

Back