Ron DeSantis says he would eliminate four federal agencies if elected president

That was the Flat Tax.
Nah, the Flat Tax maintains the IRS and still taxes income, only there are no progressive tax brackets just a single rate.

In the Fair Tax (national sales tax plan) income is not taxed at all, consumption is. Individuals don't file tax returns only businesses do. Whatever the business takes in for sales and/or services, 23% would be due for the national sales tax.

Florida's Republican governor said he would seek to abolish the departments of Education, Commerce and Energy, as well as the IRS.

Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis said Wednesday that if he is elected president he would seek to close four federal agencies as part of an effort to reduce the size of government.

"We would do Education, we would do Commerce, we'd do Energy, and we would do IRS," DeSantis said in an interview with Fox News’ Martha MacCallum when he was asked whether he favored closing any agencies.

"If Congress will work with me on doing that, we'll be able to reduce the size and scope of government," he added. "If Congress won't go that far, I'm going to use those agencies to push back against woke ideology and against the leftism that we see creeping into all institutions of American life."

I doubt it but he does have a way of getting things done in FL.

Get rid of the income tax, capital gains tax, estate tax and replace them with a simple sales tax.

It will never happen, but it would be the best for the country.
So what? He ain't gonna be elected as president.

Nah, the Flat Tax maintains the IRS and still taxes income, only there are no progressive tax brackets just a single rate.

In the Fair Tax (national sales tax plan) income is not taxed at all, consumption is. Individuals don't file tax returns only businesses do. Whatever the business takes in for sales and/or services, 23% would be due for the national sales tax.
Only the rich would make out under that plan.

Florida's Republican governor said he would seek to abolish the departments of Education, Commerce and Energy, as well as the IRS.

Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis said Wednesday that if he is elected president he would seek to close four federal agencies as part of an effort to reduce the size of government.

"We would do Education, we would do Commerce, we'd do Energy, and we would do IRS," DeSantis said in an interview with Fox News’ Martha MacCallum when he was asked whether he favored closing any agencies.

"If Congress will work with me on doing that, we'll be able to reduce the size and scope of government," he added. "If Congress won't go that far, I'm going to use those agencies to push back against woke ideology and against the leftism that we see creeping into all institutions of American life."

I doubt it but he does have a way of getting things done in FL.

Get rid of the income tax, capital gains tax, estate tax and replace them with a simple sales tax.

It will never happen, but it would be the best for the country.
Four?! Is he joking? out of the over 2,000 he will end Four? That will have that 31 trillion paid off in no time.

DeSantis, like most conservatives have no clue as to what those departments actually do.

Just that they hate them

Four?! Is he joking? out of the over 2,000 he will end Four? That will have that 31 trillion paid off in no time.
Desantis is channeling Rick Perry. How long till he is drunkenly hugging a bottle of maple syrup, or forgetting which agencies he wants to eliminate?

Forum List

Back