Romney's Racist Ad

we could have done that without the bailout asswipe.

Um, I'm in that industry. My company provides parts to all of the big three.

No, we couldn't have. It was expected if the bailouts didn't go through, GM and CHrysler were done.

Learn what you are talking about.

Toyota manufactures here in the United States, and is and was Thriving. Learn what you are talking about.

Toyota thrives because both the Japanese Government and ours heavily subsidizes it. While their US plants aren't unionized, the Japanese ones are, and the Japanese unions have a say in who the directors are. In the US, they offer benefits on par with what the UAW gets.

Well, to be fair, Perry did a horrible job at explaining his position. (See, I support Perry, but I'm objective. I know when they mess up.)

I think this would be Perry's problem in facing Obama. He doesn't do a good job explaining his position and he has a lot of positions to explain.

I think he has to realize he's playing the game at a higher level now.

The problem is that Romney's been running for President for five years, the man has no other occupation.

The other thing is the Gardisil thing, which had no effect because an opt-out was institituted before anyone got the shot, but they act like this effected thousands of people. Meanwhile, RomneyCare has wrecked health care in MA, and no one says boo to the Mittster about it.

Well, to be fair, Perry did a horrible job at explaining his position. (See, I support Perry, but I'm objective. I know when they mess up.)

I think this would be Perry's problem in facing Obama. He doesn't do a good job explaining his position and he has a lot of positions to explain.

I think he has to realize he's playing the game at a higher level now.

The problem is that Romney's been running for President for five years, the man has no other occupation.

The other thing is the Gardisil thing, which had no effect because an opt-out was institituted before anyone got the shot, but they act like this effected thousands of people. Meanwhile, RomneyCare has wrecked health care in MA, and no one says boo to the Mittster about it.

Link, please, that "RomneyCare has wrecked health care in MA". Curious to see if you have hard data that supports your claim. If you do, then this has to be investigated.

Vincinti Fox's own recorded speech to Texas is now a "sinister" speech? Defining Fox's speech as sinister makes you the racist, not Romney. Romney merely showed that Fox likes the idea of Americans paying for his citizens, to get an education, his nation should be paying for.

First, this is not about children born in this country-ever. This is about children born in Mexico and therefore Mexican citizens. As such they have already benefited with a free education. The question Romney raises is that they should have to pay at the same rate as any neighboring kid would. They can apply for loans at that rate-no one is telling them NOPE-.

Where has he said that we should round them, 11 million illegals, up at gun point?

Taken out of context and played in such the way it was, uh, yeah. First, he's not speaking in his own language. Second, while he tried to slander Perry by pointing out Pelosi, Reid and Obama supported the policy, he didn't play any tapes of them doing so. But a foreign guy in broken English... yeah, that's pandering to xenophobia, at the very least.

That assumes they are going to stay here.

Ship them back to Mexico.

Problem solved.

Most of them are going to stay here. YOu need to learn to deal.

We aren't giong to round up 20 million people and ship them home. It just ain't going to happen.

There are reforms we need to take. Strict enforcement of employee verification, to start with. A guest worker program that is strictly monitored, and molded to suit our needs, not the needs of the guest workers. Smarter border security.

But at least some of the people already here are going to become citizens eventually, or their children will. When politicians like Romney pander to the worst elements, he doesn't do anyone any good.

That assumes they are going to stay here.

Ship them back to Mexico.

Problem solved.

Most of them are going to stay here. YOu need to learn to deal.

Not with my consent.

We aren't giong to round up 20 million people and ship them home. It just ain't going to happen.

Only if there are sufficient people like you who lack a spine.

There are reforms we need to take. Strict enforcement of employee verification, to start with. A guest worker program that is strictly monitored, and molded to suit our needs, not the needs of the guest workers. Smarter border security.

Alabama had a good idea: don't allow employers to deduct wages paid to illegals from their gross revenues. That will tighten up enforcement in a hurry.

But at least some of the people already here are going to become citizens eventually, or their children will. When politicians like Romney pander to the worst elements, he doesn't do anyone any good.

Screw that. If they are here illegally, they should never be allowed to become citizens.

No, Bripat, the people with "spines" will not permit you gutless cowards to round up anyone at gun point because you don't want to "deal" with the problem. No, there will be no major round up.

Vincinti Fox's own recorded speech to Texas is now a "sinister" speech? Defining Fox's speech as sinister makes you the racist, not Romney. Romney merely showed that Fox likes the idea of Americans paying for his citizens, to get an education, his nation should be paying for.

First, this is not about children born in this country-ever. This is about children born in Mexico and therefore Mexican citizens. As such they have already benefited with a free education. The question Romney raises is that they should have to pay at the same rate as any neighboring kid would. They can apply for loans at that rate-no one is telling them NOPE-.

Where has he said that we should round them, 11 million illegals, up at gun point?

Taken out of context and played in such the way it was, uh, yeah. First, he's not speaking in his own language. Second, while he tried to slander Perry by pointing out Pelosi, Reid and Obama supported the policy, he didn't play any tapes of them doing so. But a foreign guy in broken English... yeah, that's pandering to xenophobia, at the very least.

"A foreign guy in broken English" you are obviously looking for boogeymen! Fox gave the speech in English-Romney did not force him to do so- as far as I can tell he did a good job in articulating himself. It is you, not Romney, who thinks that brown men speaking in a tongue foreign to them are icky. It was apparent, the link intended in the video, was to Fox liking that Texas was going to foot the bill for his citizens education and relieve him of the burden.

There was no need to post a video of democrats, who, have openly supported Perry's ideas of education on the matter. The Dream Act and its predecessor bills are not unknown.

Some things you and others may not have known about Vicente Fox...his paternal grandfather was born in Ohio to GERMAN immigrants...Vicente Fox technically could have at one point claimed US citizenship, but now he is overage he cannot. He has a rags to riches story in that he started as a route supervisor at Coca Cola and eventually became the CEO of Coca Cola in Mexico.

mexico is an important ally?

Well, that's the mistake right there.

Why?

What is so alien about Mexicans that Romney should treat them like the enemy?

Now, I think Perry explained the policy badly. The courts have ruled that the states are required to educate the children of illegals, and the tuition policy is only an extention of that. I think using the "have no heart" statement was inept.

But the thing is, Romney was praising immigration reform as recently as 2005. Only when he started pandering to the Minuteman vote did he start pulling stuff like this.

And it's counter productive. Hispanics are currently the largest minority group in the country and they are a natural ally of the conservative movement- fiscally and socially conservative. But this kind of talk drives them into the Democrats camp for generations.

Since our fucking POTUS has called the GOP the 'enemy', I don't really see this as more offensive than that. In fact, it's a whole lot more offensive to many Americans that the fucking President calls other Americans the 'enemy'.

Take your partisan bullshit and shove it where the sun don't shine. TIA.

And it's counter productive. Hispanics are currently the largest minority group in the country and they are a natural ally of the conservative movement- fiscally and socially conservative. But this kind of talk drives them into the Democrats camp for generations.

Since our fucking POTUS has called the GOP the 'enemy', I don't really see this as more offensive than that. In fact, it's a whole lot more offensive to many Americans that the fucking President calls other Americans the 'enemy'.

Take your partisan bullshit and shove it where the sun don't shine. TIA.

I'm not partisan. I'm a pragmatist. If the left has the better idea, I go with that. If the right goes with the better idea, I support that. If both sides are lying and full of manure, I point that out, too.

I'm just asking, how do you expect the GOP to win with the Weird Mormon Robot telling Hispanics he's happy to villify them to get votes?

The biggest danger the GOP has to itself is to show itself as being so extreme that groups that might otherwise be receptive to getting rid of Obama tune them out.

No, Bripat, the people with "spines" will not permit you gutless cowards to round up anyone at gun point because you don't want to "deal" with the problem. No, there will be no major round up.

The "problem" is that they won't go back where they came from. Weasels like you are the reason they are here in the first place. No "major roundup" is required. Simply send them back as they are discovered. It's really not that difficult.

I'm not partisan. I'm a pragmatist. If the left has the better idea, I go with that. If the right goes with the better idea, I support that. If both sides are lying and full of manure, I point that out, too.

How do you know when the left has a better idea? What set of rules do you use to distinguish good ideas from bad ones?

How do you know when the left has a better idea? What set of rules do you use to distinguish good ideas from bad ones?

Pretty easy one. If it works, it's a good idea.

Ignore partisanship, go with results.

If you get the desired results, it works.

Are Cain and Ginrich for Drill Baby Drill?

I think we should have more oil exploration, but that is only part of the problem.

As we speak, India and China are moving up to the same level of technology and energy usage as we are. And there is only a finite amount of petroleum in the world, some of it easy to get to (the Arab world) other requiring a bit more work.

Ironically, Drill baby Drill is only profitable when oil is expensive.

We need to be doing the research for 50-75 years down the road when there isn't any more petroleum.

The technology is already developed, largely, but there is not enough infrustructure to support it and give people a realistic choice over petro powered autos, at least so far.

High gas prices are the kind of thing the free market needs to spur the development of the supply and sale logistical tail needed to allow alternate energy to be competitive.

Pretty easy one. If it works, it's a good idea.

We're still arguing over whether the New Deal worked. We're still arguing over whether Obamanomics worked. How do you know when something works?

Ignore partisanship, go with results.

If you get the desired results, it works.

Your naivete about how society works couldn't be more profound.

Forum List

Back