Romney's Racist Ad

Now be honest here.. is he talking about immigrants? or illegal immigrants. and I'm going to neg you for being so damn dishonest.

Do you think that makes a difference to the average hispanic voter? Really? All they see is some lilly-white guy who belongs to a cult that says dark skin is a curse from God scoring cheap political points on children.

This is why the GOP is stupid. (Not as stupid as the Dems, but they keep on-upping each other). They alienate a group for some short term gain, and then wonder why they can't make any inroads after they inevitably lose the argument anyway.

They made this mistake with blacks in the 1960's to the 1980's, and now they are repeating themselves.

Look, there's a great way to solve the illegal immigration problem. If you are caught hiring an illegal alien, you pay a HUGE fine.

When no one will hire them, they'll stop coming up here.

But as long as it cheaper to hire an illegal than pay an American a fair wage, you are going to have the "problem".

Theyy see that? Do they? Are they smoking peyote? Cause I don't know of any lilly white guys belonging to a cult that said anything like that.

Ridiculous analysis! Romney correctly makes the argument that illegal immigrant children, should have to pay at the same rate of someone from a neighboring state, now qualifies him as a racist?

No, putting the Sinsister tape of Vincente Fox on it makes it racist.

These children have been residents of Texas most of their lives, many of them are citizens because they were born in Texas even if their parents came in illegally, and the courts have ruled the states MUST educate them.

If the children were born here, they are citizens even if their parents came here illegally. They are entitled to in state tuition. The law covers only children who came here illegally with their parents at a very young age. Courts have ruled that states must give all children a primary K-12 education. IF the courts ruled that secondary education MUST be given, then it MUST be given to ALL children from whatever state they came from. Secondary education is NOT a right. It is NOT a civil right. Secondary education at the school of choice is not open to anyone.

There is no other form of law breaking where the children are allowed to benefit from parental wrongdoing. This shouldn't start the trend.

we could have done that without the bailout asswipe.

Um, I'm in that industry. My company provides parts to all of the big three.

No, we couldn't have. It was expected if the bailouts didn't go through, GM and CHrysler were done.

Learn what you are talking about.

Toyota manufactures here in the United States, and is and was Thriving. Learn what you are talking about.

The parts industry in this country would have tanked and toyota would have gone home because of the price of shipping parts to theor plants.

Willow you jsut NEVER seen to know what you are talking about

Um, I'm in that industry. My company provides parts to all of the big three.

No, we couldn't have. It was expected if the bailouts didn't go through, GM and CHrysler were done.

Learn what you are talking about.

Toyota manufactures here in the United States, and is and was Thriving. Learn what you are talking about.

The parts industry in this country would have tanked and toyota would have gone home because of the price of shipping parts to theor plants.

Willow you jsut NEVER seen to know what you are talking about

you are dead wrong.

Well, to be fair, Perry did a horrible job at explaining his position. (See, I support Perry, but I'm objective. I know when they mess up.)

I think this would be Perry's problem in facing Obama. He doesn't do a good job explaining his position and he has a lot of positions to explain.

Well, to be fair, Perry did a horrible job at explaining his position. (See, I support Perry, but I'm objective. I know when they mess up.)

I think this would be Perry's problem in facing Obama. He doesn't do a good job explaining his position and he has a lot of positions to explain.

Politifact explained it much better in 2007, when Romney attacked Huckabee on the same issue.

Young children are brought to the United States with their parents, often before the children are old enough to realize they're breaking the law. They attend public schools, which cannot bar students based on immigration status. If the kids do well and graduate, they apply to college along with their classmates.

But they soon learn that applying to college as an undocumented immigrant presents a host of challenges. They're not eligible for federal loans. They can't work legally. In some cases, they can't get a driver's license. And in most states, because they aren't citizens, they're not eligible for in-state tuition rates at state schools, which tend to be significantly lower than the rates charged to out-of-state students.

"A lot of times the students don't even know they're not legal citizens. They find out when they apply to college," said Sherri Steisel, federal affairs counsel with the National Conference of State Legislatures.

The laws on in-state tuition allow illegal immigrants who came to this country as children to receive the same tuition as their classmates. Ten states have passed these laws, which typically include having students sign statements saying they want to resolve their immigration status. The states are California, Illinois, Kansas, Nebraska, New Mexico, New York, Oklahoma, Texas, Utah and Washington. Huckabee supported a measure in Arkansas that ultimately failed.

Shhh. He doesn't know that GM moved much of their operations to China.

Actually, they've been buying Chinese parts for years, including the ones my company provides them. That wasn't the point. The operation of ASSEMBLING the cars happens here. Even the Japanese companies assemble most of the cars sold here in the US.

But here's the thing, guy. Both parties have advocated this idiocy known as free trade. The one where we are all going to be working for WalMart selling stuff other people make.

In the 1970's, we were the biggest exporter of manufactured good and the biggest importer of raw materials. Today we are the biggest importer of manufactured goods and the biggest exporter of raw materials. By definition, a third world country.

Too bad no one wants to talk about that.

I'm there. Let's repeal NAFTA. NAFTA has screwed more children than NAMBLA.

what does NAFTA have to do with sending car companies to China?

Besides, Romney agreed with Perry on immigration...
FactCheck: [Romney] Took hard-line on illegals, but only late in term

Romney’s Iowa TV ad portrays Romney’s immigration stance as hard-line compared with Huckabee’s. It’s true that a plan Huckabee supported would have granted in-state tuition rates and eligibility for scholarships to any student who had attended an Arkansa public high school for at least three years, regardless of immigration status. It’s also true that Romney vetoed a similar bill in 2004. But Romney’s illegal immigrant bashing is of fairly recent vintage.

In 2004, the Boston Globe reported that Romney was reluctant to veto the tuition proposal--and not at all the certain, sure-footed decision maker portrayed in the ad.

At the time, Romney said, “I hate the idea of in any way making it more difficult for kids, even those who are illegal aliens, to afford college in our state.”

Romney wasn’t a hardliner on immigration until late in his tenure as governor. None of the specifics presented here are false, but the ad presents a black-and-white contrast that doesn’t exist in reality.

Source: FactCheck.org: AdWatch of 2007 campaign ad, “The Record” Dec 13, 2007

Romney's opposition to in-state tuition, like nearly all of Wind-Sock Romney's positions, is politically calculate and of recent vintage.

Whichever way the political wind blows, Romney's positions shift.

Secondary education is NOT a right. It is NOT a civil right. Secondary education at the school of choice is not open to anyone.

actually secondary education is high school and it IS A RIGHT...primary education is what is considered elementary school..what you are referring to his college and education is still a right...even in college..you just have to pay for it.

Bad Romney is back! - PostPartisan - The Washington Post

One of the vast improvements of Mitt Romney’s current presidential campaign over his previous one has been its relative freedom from obvious, cringe-inducing pandering. Until now.

This new campaign video attacking Rick Perry on education benefits for undocumented immigrants represents the return of the bad old Romney.

No one imagines Romney to be an authentic, Tom Tancredo-like, anti-immigration politician. He defended George W. Bush’s 2005 comprehensive immigration reform against conservative charges of “amnesty.” He once said, “I don’t believe in rounding up 11 million people and forcing them at gunpoint from our country,” which qualifies him as an immigration moderate in some Republican circles.

But perhaps most disturbing is the tone of the Romney ad itself. It is not simply an issue-oriented contrast. It uses a statement praising Perry by former Mexican President Vincente Fox as though it were an endorsement by Iran’s President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad. The last time I checked, Mexico was an important ally – a country that Romney, if elected president, would need to deal with daily. Fox’s words in the commercial are innocuous – simply thanking Texas and Perry for the education measure they had passed. So why is Fox’s statement supposed to be disturbing or sinister? Because Fox is a foreigner? Because he has a Mexican accent?

I'll go one further than Gerson.

The only way the GOP can win this election, is if they can peal away Hispanic votes from Obama. the only way the GOP survives as anything but a regional party is if it makes inroads with minorities overall.

And here's Romney, playing the race card.

Being against people who break our immigration laws and enter our country illegally, aka illegal immigration, is not racist.

Don't be a hack, find something legitimate to attack romney on.

One of the vast improvements of Mitt Romney’s current presidential campaign over his previous one has been its relative freedom from obvious, cringe-inducing pandering. Until now.

This new campaign video attacking Rick Perry on education benefits for undocumented immigrants represents the return of the bad old Romney.

No one imagines Romney to be an authentic, Tom Tancredo-like, anti-immigration politician. He defended George W. Bush’s 2005 comprehensive immigration reform against conservative charges of “amnesty.” He once said, “I don’t believe in rounding up 11 million people and forcing them at gunpoint from our country,” which qualifies him as an immigration moderate in some Republican circles.

But perhaps most disturbing is the tone of the Romney ad itself. It is not simply an issue-oriented contrast. It uses a statement praising Perry by former Mexican President Vincente Fox as though it were an endorsement by Iran’s President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad. The last time I checked, Mexico was an important ally – a country that Romney, if elected president, would need to deal with daily. Fox’s words in the commercial are innocuous – simply thanking Texas and Perry for the education measure they had passed. So why is Fox’s statement supposed to be disturbing or sinister? Because Fox is a foreigner? Because he has a Mexican accent?

The only way the GOP can win this election, is if they can peal away Hispanic votes from Obama. the only way the GOP survives as anything but a regional party is if it makes inroads with minorities overall.

Being against people who break our immigration laws and enter our country illegally, aka illegal immigration, is not racist.

Didn´t Romney get caught with an illegal immigrant in his employ?oops he hired illegal immigrants for over 10 years to tend his garden....

Since Mexico and Canada are our number one oil providers I would say it isn't a mistake at all..without Mexico we couldn't drive our cars like we do.

We also bought oil from Libya. Are they one of our allies? How about Venezuela?

Perry's big mistaken was in telling American parents that if they object to paying out of state tuition while the children of criminals get to pay in state tuition they are heartless. Even if he maintained the same ideal, that somehow children are entitled to the proceeds of their parent's criminal acts, he would have been okay if he had not been so contemptuous of Americans.

Didn´t Romney get caught with an illegal immigrant in his employ?oops he hired illegal immigrants for over 10 years to tend his garden....

Excellent example :clap2: ;)

http://thinkprogress.org/politics/2006/12/01/8933/romney-illegal-immigration/

now he himself didn't hire illegals, he hired a company. That company hired the illegals.

Last edited:

These children have been residents of Texas most of their lives, many of them are citizens because they were born in Texas even if their parents came in illegally, and the courts have ruled the states MUST educate them.

If the whole mantra we drill into these kids is to stay out of trouble and work hard so they can get into a good college, and then say to them, "NOPE! We aren't going to let you do that because of something your parents did!" Kind of defeats the purpose of trying to make them good citizens, doesn't it?

That assumes they are going to stay here.

Ship them back to Mexico.

Problem solved.

Secondary education is NOT a right. It is NOT a civil right. Secondary education at the school of choice is not open to anyone.

actually secondary education is high school and it IS A RIGHT...primary education is what is considered elementary school..what you are referring to his college and education is still a right...even in college..you just have to pay for it.

You're right. It's post-secondary.

College education is not a right though. Colleges and Universities still have admissions policies. You have the right to apply. You do not have the right to go. Why stop at post secondary education. Why not funded graduate school?

The best system is probably in China. All education is publicly paid. Screw up, fail, and it's off to the factories. Even illegals could go to medical school with that policy. We would just need enough factories.

Romeny a racist? No. Romney a stupid tactician politically if he allows a race-innuendo campaign trick in his name? Yes.

The GOP must appeal to minorities as well as whites, or it will, once again, lose the presidency.

Ridiculous analysis! Romney correctly makes the argument that illegal immigrant children, should have to pay at the same rate of someone from a neighboring state, now qualifies him as a racist?

If the whole mantra we drill into these kids is to stay out of trouble and work hard so they can get into a good college, and then say to them, "NOPE! We aren't going to let you do that because of something your parents did!" Kind of defeats the purpose of trying to make them good citizens, doesn't it?

"I don't believe in rounding up 11 million people forcing them at gunpoint from our country"- Mitt Romney, 2005.

Well, not until his pollsters told him he believed in that, I guess.

Vincinti Fox's own recorded speech to Texas is now a "sinister" speech? Defining Fox's speech as sinister makes you the racist, not Romney. Romney merely showed that Fox likes the idea of Americans paying for his citizens, to get an education, his nation should be paying for.

First, this is not about children born in this country-ever. This is about children born in Mexico and therefore Mexican citizens. As such they have already benefited with a free education. The question Romney raises is that they should have to pay at the same rate as any neighboring kid would. They can apply for loans at that rate-no one is telling them NOPE-.

Where has he said that we should round them, 11 million illegals, up at gun point?

Still wrong. Education, period, is not a right.

New Topics

Forum List

Back