Romney's Mormon Patriotism: 5 Privileged Sons and No Volunteers?

It really is odd that Obama never served his country in the military.

That's just different... right? :rolleyes:

Did Obama protest FOR a war that he supported sending other kids to, like Romney? Then not go?

Sign of the Times – A Photo Shows Romney Backing Vietnam Draft - ABC News
immaterial to the question.

Speaking strictly about military service, in and of itself... is it fair to criticize one man for seeking the presidency without having served, while not criticizing another for the same reason? No, it isn't. It's hypocritical.

No it's not immaterial.

He supported other people fighting the war. He didn't support himself fighting in the war.

Got it?

When American boys were fighting and dying in Vietnam, Mitt Romney was hiding in France, eating cheese and drinking lattes.

What a coward!
Actually.....

"The paper wrote in its definitive series on the former governor that, "Among the long hair and ragged clothes of his classmates, Romney stood out both for his smart appearance and his ardent support of the war."

The Mitt's "Activist"-Years

3947635777_article_2083002_0F5B49EB00000578_96_306x371_xlarge.jpeg

"I don’t recall ever seeing him again," Coulter said of Romney."​

Last edited:
So.............if Romney supports a war, that should obligate his children to going to war?
We should ignore whether or not the children want to go?

Good old fashioned neoliberal idea of freedom right there for ya!

Oh and just because Obama is a warmonger, doesn't mean his girls should have to join the military when they turn 18.

Yes.

And if he supports a war..he should go and fight it.

Republicans are happy to volunteer other people's children to die for them. Just don't ask them to pay taxes - that's too great a sacrifice to make for country.

I have both right and left in my family. The children of the right are all in the military.... the ones on the left.... would DIE before they saw or allowed their children in the military.

That may be true in your family, but it isn't true for everyone.

Romney's Mormon Patriotism: 5 Privileged Sons and No Volunteers?

Is this still the correct age list for the 5 wonder boys: Mitt and Ann Romney have 5 children, all sons: Tagg (37 years old), Matt (36), Josh (32), Ben (29), and Craig (26)?

Is it a religious thing or a class thing that keeps all 5 Romney sons out of harms way, while reaping most of the benefits of being an American?

Should any president be elected whos family can refuse to serve for religious reasons?

^Strawman fail.

This entire thread is a straw man, not to mention a cheap sleazy attack on people who aren't even part of the campaign.

Do you question Obama's patriotism?

By his own admission, obama doesn't have any patriotism. Not to this country anyway. His patriotism is to the vision of what the nation will be once he has transformed it. Not to what it is. to obama the nation is not only a failure now, but has never been successful. Its values have never been good values, its policies have never been good policies and its people have never been good people.

Those are not expressions of patriotism.

have you seen a post of mine where I do so? please point it out to me.

I have not, but I'm still curious.

I question his judgement, policies and performance as President. I do not question his patriotism. Unlike some on this board, I do not believe that a lack of military service makes you less of a patriot. On that line, I consider both Romney and Obama on equal footing.

This entire thread is a straw man, not to mention a cheap sleazy attack on people who aren't even part of the campaign.

By his own admission, obama doesn't have any patriotism. Not to this country anyway. His patriotism is to the vision of what the nation will be once he has transformed it. Not to what it is. to obama the nation is not only a failure now, but has never been successful. Its values have never been good values, its policies have never been good policies and its people have never been good people.

He was so unpatriotic he ran for President.....Yeah, he must really hate this country. :cuckoo:

Last edited:
So.............if Romney supports a war, that should obligate his children to going to war?

Oh and just because Obama is a warmonger, doesn't mean his girls should have to join the military when they turn 18.

Yes.

So whether his kids support it or not is immaterial? Got it, makes perfect sense. :cuckoo:

And I'm sure you'll be on here demanding Obama's girls sign up for the military when they turn 18 when the war on terror and war in Afghanistan are still going on. I'm absolutely certain you'll be doing that, because you have the same standards for both parties and the same standards for family members of both parties.

Yes.

So whether his kids support it or not is immaterial? Got it, makes perfect sense. :cuckoo:

And I'm sure you'll be on here demanding Obama's girls sign up for the military when they turn 18 when the war on terror and war in Afghanistan are still going on. I'm absolutely certain you'll be doing that, because you have the same standards for both parties and the same standards for family members of both parties.

It would probably do them some good to participate in the military. So sure. At the very least they should register for the draft.

Yes.

It would probably do them some good to participate in the military. So sure. At the very least they should register for the draft.

I'm registered for the draft and have never participated in the military.

Just asking that you have equal standards on this particular issue.

How did you treat Kerrys heroic service dr drock?

Never spoke a word of it. It's not important to me. I can support a candidate who served, I can support a candidate who didn't serve.

But again, don't get on here and pretend it meant a lot to you while at the same time you worship Obama who has zero military experience.

Did Obama protest FOR a war that he supported sending other kids to, like Romney? Then not go?

Sign of the Times – A Photo Shows Romney Backing Vietnam Draft - ABC News
immaterial to the question.

Speaking strictly about military service, in and of itself... is it fair to criticize one man for seeking the presidency without having served, while not criticizing another for the same reason? No, it isn't. It's hypocritical.

No it's not immaterial.

He supported other people fighting the war. He didn't support himself fighting in the war.

Got it?

Shall we drag out the House and Senate's vote counts for the Afghan and Iraq invasions?
:eusa_whistle:

He was so unpatriotic he ran for President.....Yeah, he must really hate this country. :cuckoo:

Running for president does not necessarily mean someone loves the country....you can't say you love your country but yet try to change everything about it.

I do question his patriotism...i question a lot of things about him. He's run our country down when he's in other countries. He's apologized to our enemies, he's tied our military's hands and won't let them do the job they need to do. He's not done ONE thing that has helped get people back to work. Besides "getting" Bin Ladin, there is nothing he's done that he promised to do 3 1/2 yrs ago.

Only in your twisted, Democratic world power-hungry = Patriotic.

How did you treat Kerrys heroic service dr drock?

Kerry was (is) a traitor. How many honorable servicement took their medals and threw them over the White house fence in protest? Yes....i've read that he didn't "want" to do it, but other's made the decision, and he went along with it. How heroic is that? Sounds like a follower to me....

Yes.

Growing up on broccoli and carrot sticks would (will) make those unfortunate girls too amaemic to serve anywhere, never mind the military.

Yes.

Growing up on broccoli and carrot sticks would (will) make those unfortunate girls too amaemic to serve anywhere, never mind the military.

Better than having fully digested broccoli and carrot sticks for brains, such as yourself.

Forum List

Back