Romney has it locked up!

News this morning reporting that Romney now leads in Pennsylvania, Wisconsin, and Colorado. And he has closed the gap to 1 in Ohio.

That's right, Romney now leads in 3 of the most radical left-wing states in the union. The only thing more shocking would be if he took California!

Well, what happened?

Yo! [MENTION=30955]Rottweiler[/MENTION]...I asked you a question boy.

Looking at 270towin, the same three states will decide the election in 2016...Virginia, Ohio, Florida.

Virginia, Ohio, and Florida didn't decide either the 2008 or 2012 elections. The breaking point was actually Colorado based on the percentage of the win in both elections.

From the looks of it I would say Colorado is out the window for the GOP with Immigration Reform going the way it is now.

Last edited:
Looking at 270towin, the same three states will decide the election in 2016...Virginia, Ohio, Florida.

Virginia, Ohio, and Florida didn't decide either the 2008 or 2012 elections. The breaking point was actually Colorado based on the percentage of the win in both elections.

From the looks of it I would say Colorado is out the window for the GOP with Immigration Reform going the way it is now.

Those are the big swing states...gotta turn them all red for a GOP candidate to win...plus pick up one more state.

If you give Hillary/Unnamed Democratic Nominee all of Obama's states, the GOP needs to poach 64 electoral votes.

Florida with 29 votes is a must in any scenario. The other 35 become really problematic mathematically because it means winning 3-4 other states. [MENTION=11800]Missourian[/MENTION] is partially correct but VA (13), OH (18), and FL (29) get you only 60. If you don't win those 3, it's over. But it may be over anyway.

The other 4 are problematic because the most likely culprits for the GOP are IA--hard to campaign there the closer you get to the wire and it has only gone red once since 1988 (in 2004 during a war). Obama carried it by 6%. Iowa Presidential Election Voting History

You pretty much summed up Colorado's fate.
Add New Mexico to that tally.

It's a pretty dismal map for the GOP. I would wager that even VA goes blue in 2016. At some point, the GOP nominee will have said something about cutting the bloated federal government--many of that bloat live in VA.

It's a pretty dismal map for the GOP. I would wager that even VA goes blue in 2016. At some point, the GOP nominee will have said something about cutting the bloated federal government--many of that bloat live in VA.

Bear in mind, too, that the GoOpers are gonna be defending their 2010 gains in a Presidential election year. IOW, if they take the Senate this November, they're likely not gonna keep for more than two years.

It's also important to note that Hillary polls much better then Obama in the South and Appalachia. Which would lead her to be competitive in North Carolina and Missouri, and make it harder for the GOP in Pennsylvania.

Also Hillary did REALLY good in Arkansas in her 2008 primary, I wonder if it's remotely possible we could see that red state flip for her....?

Last edited:

If you give Hillary/Unnamed Democratic Nominee all of Obama's states, the GOP needs to poach 64 electoral votes.

Florida with 29 votes is a must in any scenario. The other 35 become really problematic mathematically because it means winning 3-4 other states. @Missourian is partially correct but VA (13), OH (18), and FL (29) get you only 60. If you don't win those 3, it's over. But it may be over anyway.

The other 4 are problematic because the most likely culprits for the GOP are IA--hard to campaign there the closer you get to the wire and it has only gone red once since 1988 (in 2004 during a war). Obama carried it by 6%. Iowa Presidential Election Voting History

You pretty much summed up Colorado's fate.
Add New Mexico to that tally.

@candycorn ... It's gonna be a tough row to hoe. New Hampshire? Wisconsin? Pennsylvania? Obama only won PA by 5.4 points.

Last edited:
It's also important to note that Hillary polls much better then Obama in the South and Appalachia. Which would lead her to be competitive in North Carolina and Missouri, and make it harder for the GOP in Pennsylvania.

Also Hillary did REALLY good in Arkansas in her 2008 primary, I wonder if it's remotely possible we could see that red state flip for her....?

All possible. If the Republicans nominate another milquetoast candidate, I'd consider it likely both Missouri and Arkansas go blue.

All possible. If the Republicans nominate another milquetoast candidate, I'd consider it likely both Missouri and Arkansas go blue.
Kentucky and West Virginia, also.

News this morning reporting that Romney now leads in Pennsylvania, Wisconsin, and Colorado. And he has closed the gap to 1 in Ohio.

That's right, Romney now leads in 3 of the most radical left-wing states in the union. The only thing more shocking would be if he took California!
ROTFLMAO!!!

49izadw.gif

Palpable desperation in Hope N Change land...the Middle East in flames, our southern border invaded, food stamps and unemployment are the Obama Economy biggest drivers plus Hillary not getting the nomination

Forum List

Back