Roe v Wade is not going anywhere, you pompous wingnuts.

Dead humans still have dna. Are they alive?
No because they are dead and will not continue to develop (and their cells and organs die).
But you consider a zygote independent because it has unique DNA?

in·de·pend·ent
ˌindəˈpendənt/
adjective
  1. 1.
    free from outside control; not depending on another's authority.
    "the study is totally independent of central government"
    synonyms: freethinking, free, individualistic; More

2. 2.
    not depending on another for livelihood or subsistence.
    "I wanted to remain independent in old age"
    synonyms: self-sufficient, self-supporting, self-reliant, standing on one's own two feet
    "her grown-up, independent children"
Actually I rejected your presumption that independence is required to be alive or be a life. The zygote does depend on the mother to provide a temporary ecosystem for it to continue to develop.
A temporary ecosystem?
Dude, that thing gets its nutrients from her blood. It doesnt breath. It cant reproduce. It cant survive.
Its a load of horseshit.
Basically, it is POTENTIAL life.
It is NOT life. It is damn sure not independent.
I suppose a new born infant is not alive by your requirement of independence. Without mom (or someone else) feeding it, it will not survive.

For it to qualify to be alive it has to have lungs to breathe. It would have to have the capability to breathe air.

So fish are not alive?

It would need a brain for function and control of a body, it has to have a body, it has to have a heart to circulate blood, it has to actually have blood. I would need a liver to clean out the toxins. It would need food and water to stay alive. It would actually need to have a mouth, digestive system and a nose to actually eat and breathe.

Yes, to be independent life it would need those things preferably.

A zygote doesn't have any of those things.

Sure it does, and calling it a zygote neither makes it any less human or alive.

Human skin has DNA. Human fingernails have DNA. Human saliva and hair do too. Are you saying that whenever I comb my hair and hair come comes out that I"m killing a human life?

But they are alive or are products of human life. You like moving goal posts, dont you?

Really you need to come back to reality. Just having human DNA doesn't make it life. By any measure of science or law.

Lol, I am doing just fine with Reality, thank you. I know the difference between life, human life and viable human life.

Are you educated?

I'll let my reply answer for me, but are you?

The above comments are factual, and are not subject to debate.

Damn! Guess its all settled then. No more debates about abortion are needed, Larsky has posted!

A successful abortion ends a life....... always!

I simply stated my comments were true. There was nothing about abortion, it was about the law.

And successful contraception ends an abortion. But pro lifers are also against birth control. It doesn't fit their agenda of foisting their warped beliefs on others.
If your post is or was true I would agree otherwise you have falsely posted. Sorry but that is my opinion

Trump appointed Kavanaugh for his pro business leanings, and to pull his fat out of the fire when the hammer comes down.

Nobody's touching abortion. Deal with it, and donate to Planned Parenthood. It's a proven fact they reduce the number of abortions through education and birth control.

Roe and its progeny will be overturned.

In states hostile to privacy rights women will no longer have access to abortion services, either de jure or de facto, depending on how a state decides to deny women their right to privacy.

Dead humans still have dna. Are they alive?
No because they are dead and will not continue to develop (and their cells and organs die).
When is a human being dead?
At death. Some consider a human dead when the brain ceases to function (and will never recover). I think I know where you are going with this. :04:

So as little agreement on when life ends- as when life starts......

Trump appointed Kavanaugh for his pro business leanings, and to pull his fat out of the fire when the hammer comes down.

Nobody's touching abortion. Deal with it, and donate to Planned Parenthood. It's a proven fact they reduce the number of abortions through education and birth control.

In states hostile to privacy rights women will no longer have access to abortion services, either de jure or de facto, depending on how a state decides to deny women their right to privacy.

The question then will be: Will states try to pass laws to prosecute women who go to other states or out of the country in order to get an abortion that is illegal in their states?

Will states prosecute doctors who have performed legal abortions in other states?

The question then will be: Will states try to pass laws to prosecute women who go to other states or out of the country in order to get an abortion that is illegal in their states?

Will states prosecute doctors who have performed legal abortions in other states?
Based on the many things that are legal to do in some states but not in others, most likely no to both questions. For example, prostitution is illegal in most states, but people from all states are allowed to visit and partake of the Bunny Ranch in Nevada without fear of being arrested when they go home. And no, I've never been to the Bunny Ranch.

Based on the many things that are legal to do in some states but not in others, most likely no to both questions. For example, prostitution is illegal in most states, but people from all states are allowed to visit and partake of the Bunny Ranch in Nevada without fear of being arrested when they go home. And no, I've never been to the Bunny Ranch.

In your opinion- is abortion murder?

Certainly there are crimes that states do not prosecute when they are committed in other states- but if a man in Nevada hires someone in Nevada to lure his wife to California- to murder her- and California decided not to prosecute her- would Nevada try to prosecute him for conspiracy to commit murder?

If the fetus is legally considered a human being- then there is no getting away from abortion being legally murder. And no state I am aware of just ignores that its residents are committing murder in another state.

And no state I am aware of just ignores that its residents are committing murder in another state.

I may be wrong, but I believe assisted suicide is legal in a few states. I have never heard of someone who has assisted a suicide in one state being prosecuted for murder in another state.

In your opinion- is abortion murder?

In my opinion, abortion is always the taking of a human life. The laws of the land determine if the taking of that life is murder or not.

Okay, you want to know if I think abortion should be considered murder.
I definitely do for late term, partial birth abortion.

For earlier term abortions, I admit that I am currently struggling with that.

Worried the quota for child sacrifice will not be met next quarter? Abortion could well go kicking and pleading into the night the same way it came to be. Back to the States you say? But it is from the States it came. Federal regulation is not out of the picture.

Planned Parenthood is a slaughter factory. It even questions whether or not HIV positives should disclose their infection with the virus to potential partners. Healthy, Happy and Hot: A young people's guide to rights | IPPF

Here is the bottom line. It puts Roe vs Wade into the midterm elections. It cuts against Republicans among suburban women and some states that see the right to a abortion as freedom. Republicans already have trouble with suburban voters so it does not help. They may win the battle but lose the war.

For it to qualify to be alive it has to have lungs to breathe. It would have to have the capability to breathe air.

So fish are not alive?

It would need a brain for function and control of a body, it has to have a body, it has to have a heart to circulate blood, it has to actually have blood. I would need a liver to clean out the toxins. It would need food and water to stay alive. It would actually need to have a mouth, digestive system and a nose to actually eat and breathe.

Yes, to be independent life it would need those things preferably.

A zygote doesn't have any of those things.

Sure it does, and calling it a zygote neither makes it any less human or alive.

Human skin has DNA. Human fingernails have DNA. Human saliva and hair do too. Are you saying that whenever I comb my hair and hair come comes out that I"m killing a human life?

But they are alive or are products of human life. You like moving goal posts, dont you?

Really you need to come back to reality. Just having human DNA doesn't make it life. By any measure of science or law.

Lol, I am doing just fine with Reality, thank you. I know the difference between life, human life and viable human life.

Are you educated?

I'll let my reply answer for me, but are you?

I tried to read your reply but the first statement is so absurd I couldn't get past it.

Of course fish have lungs and breath air. You didn't now that air is in water? you didn't know that fish have gills and a system of getting air from the water?

Wow where did you go to school?

Seriously are you comparing fish to humans?

You can believe any crazy thing you want. I'm not here to change your mind. Or anyone's mind. Just posting scientific facts.

Believe what you want. You just have no right to force it on me or anyone else much less our nation.

I won't waste my time with such stupid people who don't know anything about science or what a living human being is.

Carry on. I'm certainly having a good time watching you make a total fool of yourself to all properly educated and intelligent people. If you weren't trying to force it on everyone in this nation you would be great comic relief.

But your very incorrect views will get innocent women killed needlessly. Which I'm sure you don't give a damn about.

If you're a christian you're going to have to answer for your actions in this life.

Good luck with that.

A certain group of Christian faith believers are not concerned with science but only their own beliefs.

You will not get them to understand the science or biology or whatever.

Damn! Guess its all settled then. No more debates about abortion are needed, Larsky has posted!

A successful abortion ends a life....... always!

I simply stated my comments were true. There was nothing about abortion, it was about the law.

And successful contraception ends an abortion. But pro lifers are also against birth control. It doesn't fit their agenda of foisting their warped beliefs on others.

Roe vs Wade can be over turned it will just go back to the States to decide, ya know like legal weed..
No big deal.

And yet all the lefty Senators and leaders are ALL saying that he will vote against Roe VS Wade are you ADMITTING they are all LIARS?

Forum List

Back