Roe v Wade is not going anywhere, you pompous wingnuts.

The above comments are factual, and are not subject to debate.

Damn! Guess its all settled then. No more debates about abortion are needed, Larsky has posted!

A successful abortion ends a life....... always!

I simply stated my comments were true. There was nothing about abortion, it was about the law.

And successful contraception ends an abortion. But pro lifers are also against birth control. It doesn't fit their agenda of foisting their warped beliefs on others.
Most pro-lifers are not against contraceptive birth control; however, they are against abortion as a method of birth control.

Most pro-choicers are not for abortion; however they are against others telling women how they can control their own bodies.
That means that they are also not against abortion.

Damn! Guess its all settled then. No more debates about abortion are needed, Larsky has posted!

I simply stated my comments were true. There was nothing about abortion, it was about the law.

And successful contraception ends an abortion. But pro lifers are also against birth control. It doesn't fit their agenda of foisting their warped beliefs on others.
Most pro-lifers are not against contraceptive birth control; however, they are against abortion as a method of birth control.

Most pro-choicers are not for abortion; however they are against others telling women how they can control their own bodies.
That means that they are also not against abortion.

There you have it- I am not for abortion- I am against telling a woman that she cannot decide for herself whether to have an abortion.

Trump appointed Kavanaugh for his pro business leanings, and to pull his fat out of the fire when the hammer comes down.

Nobody's touching abortion. Deal with it, and donate to Planned Parenthood. It's a proven fact they reduce the number of abortions through education and birth control.

Well you have proven yourself to be a liberal, that's for sure.
Hey, whatever you're told to think. Run with it.

No it doesn't. Especially in the case of an ectopic pregnancy.

There are over 65 thousand women who face an ectopic pregnancy in America every year.

There are only 2 outcomes to that pregnancy. Nothing is done because abortion is illegal and women have to die because their pregnancy went wrong. So she dies. Or the woman has an abortion and lives.

There is absolutely no life in that pregnancy. Only death.

Not all abortions end a life. Some saves lives.

Why do you hate women and want to kill them?
I disagree that abortion does not end a life in an ectopic pregnancy; however, its better to sacrifice one life than to lose both that life and the mother.

You said a successful abortion ends a life.

I showed you where that is incorrect.

There are also the pregnancies that cords get wrapped around the neck of the fetus, strangles it and a late term abortion must be performed to save the woman's life. If the abortion isn't performed the woman dies from paratinitus.

There are so many very good reasons for abortion and it's no one's business to stick their noses in where it doesn't belong.

There is never life in an ectopic pregnancy. That egg is fertilized but there is absolutely no life in it and never will be. All that is in that fertilized egg is death.

Anyway you put it, not all fertilized eggs are life. Not every abortion ends a life. It's not up to you or our government to make that decision.

It's up to the woman, her family and her doctor to make that choice.

Neither you or our government has any right to kill a woman just because her pregnancy went wrong. Just look at what happened for decades to innocent women in Ireland. Thousands died. Some who were just visiting the nation when something went wrong with their pregnancy and Ireland forced them to die needlessly.

With just ectopic pregnancies alone over 65 thousand women in America will die each year. Ectopic pregnancy is just one of the many conditions that a women can face in pregnancy that will kill them. Just think of the hundreds of thousands of innocent women who will die each year because abortion was outlawed.

America can't be forced to go back to that.

There are over 65 thousand women who face an ectopic pregnancy in America every year.

There are only 2 outcomes to that pregnancy. Nothing is done because abortion is illegal and women have to die because their pregnancy went wrong. So she dies. Or the woman has an abortion and lives.

I disagree that abortion does not end a life in an ectopic pregnancy; however, its better to sacrifice one life than to lose both that life and the mother.

There are also the pregnancies that cords get wrapped around the neck of the fetus, strangles it and a late term abortion must be performed to save the woman's life. If the abortion isn't performed the woman dies from paratinitus.

There are so many very good reasons for abortion and it's no one's business to stick their noses in where it doesn't belong.

There is never life in an ectopic pregnancy. That egg is fertilized but there is absolutely no life in it and never will be. All that is in that fertilized egg is death.

Anyway you put it, not all fertilized eggs are life. Not every abortion ends a life. It's not up to you or our government to make that decision.

Neither you or our government has any right to kill a woman just because her pregnancy went wrong. Just look at what happened for decades to innocent women in Ireland. Thousands died. Some who were just visiting the nation when something went wrong with their pregnancy and Ireland forced them to die needlessly.

With just ectopic pregnancies alone over 65 thousand women in America will die each year. Ectopic pregnancy is just one of the many conditions that a women can face in pregnancy that will kill them. Just think of the hundreds of thousands of innocent women who will die each year because abortion was outlawed.

A fertilized egg (zygote) is a life. That fact helped me get an A in high school biology class. It is the beginning of the human life cycle. Now whether that life has developed enough to reach "person" status is debatable, but a newly conceived zygote is alive.

Referring back to the OP, my point is R v W is not going away, regardless of my opinion on abortion.

Anyway, whether we consider a zygote, embryo, or fetus a life or not is a moot point when the life of the mother is at risk. Whatever needs to be done to save the life of the mother will remain legal.

The propaganda on Planned Parenthood? The baby parts hoax? the lies about the amount of abortions? all from pro life groups.
You have those goal posts moving all over the place.

We are all fortunate that our mothers didn't abort us!

Not anyone born before Roe V. Wade.

Our mothers had no choice.

My mother had no choice. Her only form of birth control available was the rhythm method. Which is what most women of that time had. Which didn't work very well. My mom was very honest with all 4 of us kids. She tried to NOT get pregnant. I wouldn't be surprised if either one of my sisters born before me were male she would have done what she did when she finally did have a male birth, she went from the delivery room to the OR to get her tubes tied.

Most women didn't want to have large families. If you notice after the pill went on the market the normal size family went from 4 kids down to 2. Women now have a choice with birth control and abortion that mothers of us baby boomers didn't have.

Your mother probably never had a choice either.

Saying people are fortunate our mom's didn't abort us is stupid. Those of us born before a woman had a choice, it really doesn't apply to us. Those who were born after a woman had a choice, most were chosen and wanted. That's a very big difference from being planned and wanted to not being chosen and not being wanted.

Personally, I'm sorry that women in my mom's generation didn't have a choice. Didn't have reliable birth control. Didn't have the right to choose not to die if her pregnancy went wrong or just wasn't ready to raise a child. Way too many of them ended up in marriages that were bad with children they didn't want to have. Way too many of them never got the chance to live to their full potential. And way too many of those marriages ended up in divorce with the kids always getting the worst of it all.

I find it very illogical that some people don't trust women with a choice but do trust them to raise a child properly. If you can't trust her to make the right choice how can you trust her to properly raise a child she doesn't want?

Trump appointed Kavanaugh for his pro business leanings, and to pull his fat out of the fire when the hammer comes down.

Nobody's touching abortion. Deal with it, and donate to Planned Parenthood. It's a proven fact they reduce the number of abortions through education and birth control.

You may be wrong.

I suspect Republicans will not only go after abortion, but also civil rights, Don't ask don't tell, gay marriage, unions, healthcare and anything else that will make the lives of millions of American terrible.

That's who Republicans are.

That's what they believe.

The healthcare debacle is going to be their undoing. It's one thing for the racist and homophobic right wing base to go after blacks, Hispanics and gays, but quite another when the GOP leadership attacks their families.

The propaganda on Planned Parenthood? The baby parts hoax? the lies about the amount of abortions? all from pro life groups.
You have those goal posts moving all over the place.

We are all fortunate that our mothers didn't abort us!

Not anyone born before Roe V. Wade.

Our mothers had no choice.

My mother had no choice. Her only form of birth control available was the rhythm method. Which is what most women of that time had. Which didn't work very well. My mom was very honest with all 4 of us kids. She tried to NOT get pregnant. I wouldn't be surprised if either one of my sisters born before me were male she would have done what she did when she finally did have a male birth, she went from the delivery room to the OR to get her tubes tied.

Most women didn't want to have large families. If you notice after the pill went on the market the normal size family went from 4 kids down to 2. Women now have a choice with birth control and abortion that mothers of us baby boomers didn't have.

Your mother probably never had a choice either.

Saying people are fortunate our mom's didn't abort us is stupid. Those of us born before a woman had a choice, it really doesn't apply to us. Those who were born after a woman had a choice, most were chosen and wanted. That's a very big difference from being planned and wanted to not being chosen and not being wanted.

Personally, I'm sorry that women in my mom's generation didn't have a choice. Didn't have reliable birth control. Didn't have the right to choose not to die if her pregnancy went wrong or just wasn't ready to raise a child. Way too many of them ended up in marriages that were bad with children they didn't want to have. Way too many of them never got the chance to live to their full potential. And way too many of those marriages ended up in divorce with the kids always getting the worst of it all.

I find it very illogical that some people don't trust women with a choice but do trust them to raise a child properly. If you can't trust her to make the right choice how can you trust her to properly raise a child she doesn't want?
You think right wingers care about who raises the child? They don't give a flying farting sh!t.
Their policies prove they care nothing for families or children. I started a post asking for a GOP policy that helps children and no one on the USMB could name a single one. They don't exist.

Republicans help corporations and billionaires. And those in leadership positions help themselves.

This entire election about really good affordable healthcare and we won't cut taxes on the rich were all lies. The GOP base hasn't figured that out yet.

But they will.

A fertilized egg (zygote) is a life. That fact helped me get an A in high school biology class. It is the beginning of the human life cycle. Now whether that life has developed enough to reach "person" status is debatable, but a newly conceived zygote is alive.

I tried to read your post but can't get past the lie in the first sentence.

That zygote isn't life. It's not attached to the uterus wall drawing blood from the woman. If it was then every fertilized egg that doesn't attach and is stuffed off in a woman's monthly period is killing life.

And what about those millions of fertilized eggs sitting in frozen storage? You're saying they're alive?

You have the right to believe any fairy tale you want. You have no right to force that lie of a fairy tale on the rest of the nation.

A fertilized egg isn't life. According to science and to the law. If you want to believe differently that's your choice. You just don't have the choice to force it on anyone else.

I've showed you a few situations that show your statement is wrong. That science and our laws agree you're wrong. Freedom allows you to believe anything you want. Freedom allows me to see you for the very uneducated and woman hater you are.

And I have no problem with you being so stupid and hating women that much that you want them to die. Our constitution gives you the right to be as stupid and hateful as you want and tell everyone about it. Our constitution gives me the right to totally ignore you and not read any more of you ignorant posts again.

Which is what I'm going to do.

Have fun with your hate and ignorance.

Last edited:
Will people still like roe vs wade when fetal viability becomes earlier with technology and abortions at 4 weeks, maybe even 2(who knows?), become banned throughout the country?
This is why we need an amendment to the Constitution to protect womens liberty. This abuse of power from the bench will only last so long.
This is only a bandaid. People need to see the forest, not the trees.

That’s a really interesting question. I’ve often said that if a woman could transfer the burden of pregnancy to someone else, then there would be no need for abortion.

See? I’m not an evil baby-killing loon.

Do you mean “viability” as in it takes a NICU and a team of doctors to help the kid survive, but with lifelong disabilities?

Or do you think technology will let us implant someone who wants to be pregnant with a fetus from someone who doesn’t?

Anyway, whether we consider a zygote, embryo, or fetus a life or not is a moot point when the life of the mother is at risk. Whatever needs to be done to save the life of the mother will remain legal.

Really?

That part I don't get.

Let us say hypothetically that the fetus is every bit a person as is the mother.

Presuming that the staying pregnant would endanger the mother's life- but would result in a possibly living baby- the original caeserian birth- who would decide whether save the possible life of the potential future baby- or the life of the living pregnant woman?

Forum List

Back