Roe v Wade is not going anywhere, you pompous wingnuts.

That zygote isn't life. It's not attached to the uterus wall drawing blood from the woman. If it was then every fertilized egg that doesn't attach and is stuffed off in a woman's monthly period is killing life.

Nature can be deadly. Attaching to the wall of the uterus allows a zygote to continue to live and develop. If it doesn't attach, it dies. The zygote is alive before it attaches. Attaching does not spontaneously create life. Birth does not spontaneously create life. A new individual life with it's own unique DNA is formed at conception, biologically speaking.
There is nothing individual about it.
Yes there is.
Besides DNA, what is there that a zygote is independent on?

A fertilized egg (zygote) is a life.
It is alive, it is human DNA, so why is it not life?

Are you literate?

For it to qualify to be alive it has to have lungs to breath it would have to have the capability to breath air. It would need a brain for function and control of a body, it has to have a body, it has to have a heart to circulate blood, it has to actually have blood. I would need a liver to clean out the toxins. It would need food and water to stay alive. It would actually need to have a mouth, digestive system and a nose to actually eat and breathe.

A zygote doesn't have any of those things.

Human skin has DNA. Human fingernails have DNA. Human saliva and hair do too. Are you saying that whenever I comb my hair and hair come comes out that I"m killing a human life? Are you saying that every time I have my hair cut I'm killing human life? Are you saying that when I clip fingernails I'm killing human life? Are you saying that when I brush my teeth or eat acidic food I'm killing human life?

Really you need to come back to reality. Just having human DNA doesn't make it life. By any measure of science or law.

Are you educated?
The zygote is the first stage of the life cycle of a human organism.

Are you literate?

For it to qualify to be alive it has to have lungs to breath it would have to have the capability to breath air. It would need a brain for function and control of a body, it has to have a body, it has to have a heart to circulate blood, it has to actually have blood. I would need a liver to clean out the toxins. It would need food and water to stay alive. It would actually need to have a mouth, digestive system and a nose to actually eat and breathe.

Human skin has DNA. Human fingernails have DNA. Human saliva and hair do too. Are you saying that whenever I comb my hair and hair come comes out that I"m killing a human life? Are you saying that every time I have my hair cut I'm killing human life? Are you saying that when I clip fingernails I'm killing human life? Are you saying that when I brush my teeth or eat acidic food I'm killing human life?

Really you need to come back to reality. Just having human DNA doesn't make it life. By any measure of science or law.

Are you educated?
Right?
I love eating scrambled chicken in the mornings! lol

Larsky is right, and you pompous pro-life anti-baby wing nuts are out of luck.
I don't think that there is anything much more pompous than announcing that a post is not subject to debate
:)
Where did I say that, MrTwister? I think the opponents of RoevWade are simply out of luck. Gorsuch and Kavanaugh do not look like automatic votes for returning it to the states.
LOL- I was referring to how pompous the OP sounded when he announced that his opinion could not be debated. As I pointed out in my other post- I don't know how they will vote- but I am pretty confident that both will vote to uphold laws that nibble away at Roe.
Larksy is right. RoevWade is safe. Does not matter if you don't like that statement.

Are you literate?

Are you educated?
Right?
The eggs you get from the grocery store have not been fertilized. However, if you scramble a fertilized chicken egg, there is a young chicken organism in that egg somewhere. It is probably already dead if refrigerated.

"Human being" or "life" implies some sort of livable independence, correct?
No. If you are in an accident and have to be on life support for 2 weeks before you recover and can live off of life support, does that mean you are dead for 2 weeks?
like a coma?
You can be in a coma without life support. On the other hand, you can be on life support and be conscious.
Im just trying to get some details out of ya lol. Semantics matter in this discussion.

I don't think that there is anything much more pompous than announcing that a post is not subject to debate
Where did I say that, MrTwister? I think the opponents of RoevWade are simply out of luck. Gorsuch and Kavanaugh do not look like automatic votes for returning it to the states.
LOL- I was referring to how pompous the OP sounded when he announced that his opinion could not be debated. As I pointed out in my other post- I don't know how they will vote- but I am pretty confident that both will vote to uphold laws that nibble away at Roe.
Larksy is right. RoevWade is safe. Does not matter if you don't like that statement.

I disagree with his opinion. I hope his opinion turns out to be correct, but I doubt he will be correct. With the new court RW will be nibbled away at- and the Conservatives will be peppering the Court with test cases trying to RW overturned completely.

Are you literate?

Are you educated?
Right?
The eggs you get from the grocery store have not been fertilized. However, if you scramble a fertilized chicken egg, there is a young chicken organism in that egg somewhere. It is probably already dead if refrigerated.
I have my own chickens.
So, should i be correct and say im eating scrambled chickens?

I disagree with his opinion. I hope his opinion turns out to be correct, but I doubt he will be correct. With the new court RW will be nibbled away at- and the Conservatives will be peppering the Court with test cases trying to RW overturned completely.
RvsW will always be challenged as new technology comes out.
R vs W is based on fetus viability.

Dead humans still have dna. Are they alive?
No because they are dead and will not continue to develop (and their cells and organs die).
But you consider a zygote independent because it has unique DNA?

in·de·pend·ent
ˌindəˈpendənt/
adjective
  1. 1.
    free from outside control; not depending on another's authority.
    "the study is totally independent of central government"
    synonyms: freethinking, free, individualistic; More

2. 2.
    not depending on another for livelihood or subsistence.
    "I wanted to remain independent in old age"
    synonyms: self-sufficient, self-supporting, self-reliant, standing on one's own two feet
    "her grown-up, independent children"

An organism is continuously alive throughout it's life cycle. A human organism is not dead for the first 9 months, spontaneously springing to life at birth.

No because they are dead and will not continue to develop (and their cells and organs die).

in·de·pend·ent
ˌindəˈpendənt/
adjective
  1. 1.

2. 2.
    synonyms: self-sufficient, self-supporting, self-reliant, standing on one's own two feet
Actually I rejected your presumption that independence is required to be alive or be a life. The zygote does depend on the mother to provide a temporary ecosystem for it to continue to develop.

in·de·pend·ent
ˌindəˈpendənt/
adjective
  1. 1.

2. 2.
Actually I rejected your presumption that independence is required to be alive or be a life. The zygote does depend on the mother to provide a temporary ecosystem for it to continue to develop.
A temporary ecosystem?
Dude, that thing gets its nutrients from her blood. It doesnt breath. It cant reproduce. It cant survive.
Its a load of horseshit.
Basically, it is POTENTIAL life.
It is NOT life. It is damn sure not independent.

Are you literate?

Are you educated?
Right?
I have my own chickens.
So, should i be correct and say im eating scrambled chickens?
Works for me; however, only a small portion of that egg is actually the chicken.

in·de·pend·ent
ˌindəˈpendənt/
adjective
  1. 1.

2. 2.
A temporary ecosystem?
Dude, that thing gets its nutrients from her blood. It doesnt breath. It cant reproduce. It cant survive.
Its a load of horseshit.
Basically, it is POTENTIAL life.
It is NOT life. It is damn sure not independent.
Its okay if you don't understand basic biology. Your have lots of false axioms concerning life. Later on it's life cycle it will have all of those things. Biologically speaking, "being a potential life" is not part of the human life cycle.

RvsW will always be challenged as new technology comes out.
R vs W is based on fetus viability.
Will a fetus be alive when it is dependent on technology rather than the mother's body? Do technological advances redefine when life begins?

Forum List

Back