Roe v. Wade getting overturned!!

It would be really cool if you knew where babies came from. But it appears you missed that day in health class.
Cool story. :)

“Fertilization is the process by which male and female haploid gametes (sperm and egg) unite to produce a genetically distinct individual.”
Signorelli et al., Kinases, phosphatases and proteases during sperm capacitation, CELL TISSUE RES. 349(3):765 (Mar. 20, 2012)

Christian values are a plus
Why don’t you practice some?

Do you know why my sister, my niece and my niece’s daughter were in the White House today?
CA1FDA8E-C517-4F51-9FA7-03440468038D.jpeg
022A0B11-997B-4175-85AE-B3AAD33E1C8A.jpeg
140711E1-F703-4D67-BB26-9DCF043AAAC9.jpeg

Cool story. :)

Signorelli et al., Kinases, phosphatases and proteases during sperm capacitation, CELL TISSUE RES. 349(3):765 (Mar. 20, 2012)

At least we know you do NOT support the right of women to choose how their own bodies are used.

You don't seem familiar with the role of the woman in the whole process.

What's my position on abortion?

Life begins at conception. At least that is what it sounds like.

Normally that's an indicator of a Christian or religious belief system. I doubt you will confess it one way or the other, but that's usually why people take a "hardline" against women's bodily autonomy.

Normally that's an indicator of a Christian or religious belief system. I doubt you will confess it one way or the other, but that's usually why people take a "hardline" against women's bodily autonomy.
Yeah. The nerve of people to believe that life is the higher value in competing interests. Or is it “privacy?”

Absent Federal laws on abortion, that will be up to each state to decide for itself.

That's for legislators to decide.

Legislators are free to decide anything they want.

believe abortion is a human rights issue and anyone who weighs the rights of the mother and child must acknowledge that abortion is ending a human life. Anything less does not properly weigh the rights.

Abortion laws. It's up to the states to decide the laws they will write.

That's up to each state to decide.

What's my position on abortion?

You know that how?

If a woman wants an abortion you would call that murder per your earlier claims. Presumably you would then ask for the full force of American justice to be levied against her for that crime. As such you would dictate, based on your personal religious beliefs about 'life', that she either have the child or be punished as a murderer.

If I am mistaken in any point on this line, please point out exactly where I am in error.

That is correct. And what does an abortion do?
Actually it's based on empirical scientific evidence. DNA.

“It is the penetration of the ovum by a sperm and the resulting mingling of nuclear material each brings to the union that constitutes the initiation of the life of a new individual.”
Clark Edward and Corliss Patten’s Human Embryology, McGraw – Hill Inc., 30

“Human life begins at fertilization, the process during which a male gamete or sperm (spermatozoo developmentn) unites with a female gamete or oocyte (ovum) to form a single cell called a zygote. This highly specialized, totipotent cell marked the beginning of each of us as a unique individual.” “A zygote is the beginning of a new human being (i.e., an embryo).”
Keith L. Moore, The Developing Human: Clinically Oriented Embryology, 7th edition. Philadelphia, PA: Saunders, 2003. pp. 16, 2.

“Fertilization is the process by which male and female haploid gametes (sperm and egg) unite to produce a genetically distinct individual.”

“[The zygote], formed by the union of an oocyte and a sperm, is the beginning of a new human being.”
Keith L. Moore, Before We Are Born: Essentials of Embryology, 7th edition. Philadelphia, PA: Saunders, 2008. p. 2.

“Although life is a continuous process, fertilization… is a critical landmark because, under ordinary circumstances, a new genetically distinct human organism is formed when the chromosomes of the male and female pronuclei blend in the oocyte.”
Ronan O’Rahilly and Fabiola Miller, Human Embryology and Teratology, 3rd edition. New York: Wiley-Liss, 2001. p. 8.

“[All] organisms, however large and complex they might be as full grown, begin life as a single cell. This is true for the human being, for instance, who begins life as a fertilized ovum.”
Dr. Morris Krieger “The Human Reproductive System” p 88 (1969) Sterling Pub. Co

“The first cell of a new and unique human life begins existence at the moment of conception (fertilization) when one living sperm from the father joins with one living ovum from the mother. It is in this manner that human life passes from one generation to another. Given the appropriate environment and genetic composition, the single cell subsequently gives rise to trillions of specialized and integrated cells that compose the structures and functions of each individual human body. Every human being alive today and, as far as is known scientifically, every human being that ever existed, began his or her unique existence in this manner, i.e., as one cell. If this first cell or any subsequent configuration of cells perishes, the individual dies, ceasing to exist in matter as a living being. There are no known exceptions to this rule in the field of human biology.”
James Bopp, ed., Human Life and Health Care Ethics, vol. 2 (Frederick, MD: University Publications of America, 1985)

“In fusing together, the male and female gametes produce a fertilized single cell, the zygote, which is the start of a new individual.”
Rand McNally, Atlas of the Body (New York: Rand McNally, 1980) 139, 144

“The formation, maturation and meeting of a male and female sex cell are all preliminary to their actual union into a combined cell, or zygote, which definitely marks the beginning of a new individual. The penetration of the ovum by the spermatozoon, and the coming together and pooling of their respective nuclei, constitutes the process of fertilization.”
Leslie Brainerd Arey, “Developmental Anatomy” seventh edition space (Philadelphia: Saunders, 1974), 55

“The zygote therefore contains a new arrangement of genes on the chromosomes never before duplicated in any other individual. The offspring destined to develop from the fertilized ovum will have a genetic constitution different from anyone else in the world.”
DeCoursey, R.M., The Human Organism, 4th edition McGraw Hill Inc., Toronto, 1974. page 584

“The science of the development of the individual before birth is called embryology. It is the story of miracles, describing the means by which a single microscopic cell is transformed into a complex human being. Genetically the zygote is complete. It represents a new single celled individual.”
Thibodeau, G.A., and Anthony, C.P., Structure and Function of the Body, 8th edition, St. Louis: Times Mirror/Mosby College Publishers, St. Louis, 1988. pages 409-419

“A zygote (a single fertilized egg cell) represents the onset of pregnancy and the genesis of new life.”
Turner, J.S., and Helms, D.B., Lifespan Developmental, 2nd ed., CBS College Publishing (Holt, Rhinehart, Winston), 1983, page 53

“Almost all higher animals start their lives from a single cell, the fertilized ovum (zygote)… The time of fertilization represents the starting point in the life history, or ontogeny, of the individual.”
Carlson, Bruce M. Patten’s Foundations of Embryology. 6th edition. New York: McGraw-Hill, 1996, p. 3

“Embryo: The developing individual between the union of the germ cells and the completion of the organs which characterize its body when it becomes a separate organism…. At the moment the sperm cell of the human male meets the ovum of the female and the union results in a fertilized ovum (zygote), a new life has begun…. The term embryo covers the several stages of early development from conception to the ninth or tenth week of life.”
Considine, Douglas (ed.). Van Nostrand’s Scientific Encyclopedia. 5th edition. New York: Van Nostrand Reinhold Company, 1976, p. 943

“In that fraction of a second when the chromosomes form pairs, [at conception] the sex of the new child will be determined, hereditary characteristics received from each parent will be set, and a new life will have begun.”
Kaluger, G., and Kaluger, M., Human Development: The Span of Life, page 28-29, The C.V. Mosby Co., St. Louis, 1974

“The development of a human being begins with fertilization, a process by which two highly specialized cells, the spermatozoon from the male and the oocyte from the female, unite to give rise to a new organism, the zygote.”
Langman, Jan. Medical Embryology. 3rd edition. Baltimore: Williams and Wilkins, 1975, p. 3

“It is the penetration of the ovum by a spermatozoan and resultant mingling of the nuclear material each brings to the union that constitutes the culmination of the process of fertilization and marks the initiation of the life of a new individual.”
Human Embryology, 3rd ed. Bradley M. Patten, (New York: McGraw Hill, 1968), 43.

“In this text, we begin our description of the developing human with the formation and differentiation of the male and female sex cells or gametes, which will unite at fertilization to initiate the embryonic development of a new individual. … Fertilization takes place in the oviduct … resulting in the formation of a zygote containing a single diploid nucleus. Embryonic development is considered to begin at this point… This moment of zygote formation may be taken as the beginning or zero time point of embryonic development.”
Essentials of Human Embryology, William J. Larsen, (New York: Churchill Livingstone, 1998), 1-17.

“Fertilization is an important landmark because, under ordinary circumstances, a new, genetically distinct human organism is thereby formed… Fertilization is the procession of events that begins when a spermatozoon makes contact with a secondary oocyte or its investments… The zygote … is a unicellular embryo..”
Human Embryology & Teratology, Ronan R. O’Rahilly, Fabiola Muller, (New York: Wiley-Liss, 1996), 5-55.

“[The Zygote] results from the union of an oocyte and a sperm. A zygote is the beginning of a new human being. Human development begins at fertilization, the process during which a male gamete or sperm … unites with a female gamete or oocyte … to form a single cell called a zygote. This highly specialized, totipotent cell marks the beginning of each of us as a unique individual.”
The Developing Human: Clinically Oriented Embryology, 6th ed. Keith L. Moore, Ph.D. & T.V.N. Persaud, Md., (Philadelphia: W.B. Saunders Company, 1998), 2-18

If a woman wants an abortion you would call that murder per your earlier claims. Presumably you would then ask for the full force of American justice to be levied against her for that crime. As such you would dictate, based on your personal religious beliefs about 'life', that she either have the child or be punished as a murderer.

If I am mistaken in any point on this line, please point out exactly where I am in error.
You know this how?

That is correct. And what does an abortion do?

The key in this part of the conversation is thus: DOES life begin at conception? To be quite honest I don't think it matters either way. I have no religious stake in it (as I suspect you do) so I have no need to arbitrarily define the beginning of "life" and I know how babies are made so I know that a woman's body is REQUIRED for the entire process of fertilization-->actual birth so I'm going to automatically give precedence to the wishes of the FULLY FORMED HUMAN BEING in the entire conversation.

Clark Edward and Corliss Patten’s Human Embryology, McGraw – Hill Inc., 30

Keith L. Moore, The Developing Human: Clinically Oriented Embryology, 7th edition. Philadelphia, PA: Saunders, 2003. pp. 16, 2.

Keith L. Moore, Before We Are Born: Essentials of Embryology, 7th edition. Philadelphia, PA: Saunders, 2008. p. 2.

It is amazing to me how many scientific articles you can cite here so quickly...but when it comes to earth science (you know...the stuff petroleum engineers deal with in part) you couldn't muster more than a couple of random things.

(That's OK...I know you're obviously more focused on your religious faith than your fake "engineering" job, so you put more effort into supporting your religious faith. That's cool.)

The key in this part of the conversation is thus: DOES life begin at conception? To be quite honest I don't think it matters either way. I have no religious stake in it (as I suspect you do) so I have no need to arbitrarily define the beginning of "life" and I know how babies are made so I know that a woman's body is REQUIRED for the entire process of fertilization-->actual birth so I'm going to automatically give precedence to the wishes of the FULLY FORMED HUMAN BEING in the entire conversation.
It would be arbitrary to define life at any other point than after fertilization as that is literally when a new life has begun.

It is amazing to me how many scientific articles you can cite here so quickly...but when it comes to earth science (you know...the stuff petroleum engineers deal with in part) you couldn't muster more than a couple of random things.

(That's OK...I know you're obviously more focused on your religious faith than your fake "engineering" job, so you put more effort into supporting your religious faith. That's cool.)
Cool story.

Was it to get an abortion?
So you don’t know? Get your nose out of women’s uterus’s and you might realize the good things that just happened for our veterans because of Joe my sister and Democrats in Congress.

Forum List

Back