Robert Clary (Corporal LeBeau), the last surviving member of the principal cast of the sitcom "Hogan's Heroes," has died at 96

Clary’s parents were murdered in the gas chamber that day.

At Buchenwald, Clary sang with an accordionist every other Sunday to an audience of SS soldiers. “Singing, entertaining and being in kind of good health at my age, that’s why I survived,” he told Flax.

God speed Mr Clary you were one tough m'f*ker!

~S~

Clary’s parents were murdered in the gas chamber that day.

At Buchenwald, Clary sang with an accordionist every other Sunday to an audience of SS soldiers. “Singing, entertaining and being in kind of good health at my age, that’s why I survived,” he told Flax.

God speed Mr Clary you were one tough m'f*ker!

~S~

I don’t see how someone who survived a concentration camp would do a TV show like Hogans Heroes

(Kenneth Washington is still alive) Clary lived to the ripe old age of 96.

Andy Griffith, Mash , and Hogan's Heroes are my favorite all time TV shows. Guess I gotta get use to watching my favorite people go to the next life. I work with a bunch of twenty somethings when I hunt guide. I am definitely losing a step compared to them. Reality slaps me in the face daily. This may be my last year running as a hunting guide of course I have said this for five years running but some day it will be true. RIP Ken.

People of the 60's were a lot more fun loving, they saw comedy even in things like the holocaust.

I don't think that a comedy series about the Gulag Archipelago would get over with the fans nowadays, even 30 years after the end of the USSR.

(Kenneth Washington is still alive) Clary lived to the ripe old age of 96.

I met that man once. We talked and he showed me his arm where he'd been tattooed.

He told me some day he and every other survivor would be gone.....and he wanted people to hear about survivor's experiences from their own mouth.

I remember.

Forum List

Back