RNC refuses to condemn acts of intimidation, violence, and vandalism

First of all, the title of this thread is a flat out lie and the OP is an idiot. Steele denounced these actions on "Meet the Press" on Sunday. Cantor also denounced these acts in his press conference.

Just because the Republicans are smart enough not to sign a piece of paper that the Democrats will try to turn around and use against them later does not in any way mean that they don't condemn these acts. And to say that it does is just utter stupidity.

Rick

First of all, the title of this thread is a flat out lie and the OP is an idiot. Steele denounced these actions on "Meet the Press" on Sunday. Cantor also denounced these acts in his press conference.

Just because the Republicans are smart enough not to sign a piece of paper that the Democrats will try to turn around and use against them later does not in any way mean that they don't condemn these acts. And to say that it does is just utter stupidity.

Rick

I can see it now in September (should they sign it):

"GOP admit to having an issue keeping their supporters away from violent tactics"

It's truly amazing to see all the "useful tools" the Democrat party has in it's voters.

The Democrats slime the American people and their voters go around and regurgitate it to everyone and anyone who will listen. sorta like they got their marching orders.

kinda sad really

It's truly amazing to see all the "useful tools" the Democrat party has in it's voters.

The Democrats slime the American people and their voters go around and regurgitate it to everyone and anyone who will listen. sorta like they got their marching orders.

kinda sad really

And flip that coin over and you have republicans.

What's your point?

Rick

And many, many coordinators at the tea party denounced violence also.

I don't know, a little tar and feathering could go a long way. LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

This coming from a party whose leaders ridiculed and criticized those that applied their right to freedom of speech?

Last time I checked freedom of speech included the freedom to criticize the speech - or even to ridicule the speech - of others. So you would appear to be criticizing those that applied their right to freedom of speech yourself, making you a hypocrite.

Last edited:
Yep, because EVERY Republican had a hand in that. EVERY single one of them. They should ALL be jailed because of it.

When will you stupid liberals realize that there are fringe groups on BOTH sides of the aisle that do this kind of shit. The Republicans don't have a monopoly on this behavior.

Rick

Bla bla bla. Sorry buddy, but 9 years ago when 9-11 happened, one of the things I learned from Republicans was that when you fail to condemn something that someone who worships the same God as you did - you are just as bad as them. Why shouldn't that apply to political parties?

The difference between that and this was that liberals were actually saying that it was "understandable" that we were attacked, and we "deserved" it.

Its not worth the paper its written on and definitely not worth the money and time spent on lawyers, aides, and necessities to bring something like that into existence.

By all means, please, tell us, how much money was spent?

Oh I see by the extra large font you have reading trouble.....

Read it very very carefully once more. Only this time remove the "I wanna cry" goggles first..

Do you think the senators or representatives do the research and write the papers themselves and on their own dime? If so why do they all have so many interns, aides, and office workers? Why do they employ legal teams?

You do realize the 9/11 commission was a paid undertaking don't you? Yeah they hired a non-governmental, panel of select individuals, lawyers, and various others to do the work. its a fact check it out for yourself.

These things, even the speculative and nonsensical ones cost money. Welcome to the reality of governance in the modern age....:lol:

Of course they won't.

If it was Republicans being threatened and Democrats wouldn't condemn the threats, the "liberal media" would be all over it. As would the Conservatards on this forum.

All Republican leaders have done is fan the flames..

I hate to say it but I really think it will take someone getting hurt badly or worse for them to realize what you say does matter.

And yet the ONLY violence that has occurred has been Liberals against Conservatives, go figure. Meanwhile the President exhorts his followers to be disrespectful and attack his enemies.

September 24, 2008

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eszcEC4sk0o]YouTube - Obama To Supporters: "Argue With Friend and Neighbors Get In Their Face!"[/ame]

Last edited:
They will continue to dismiss it...even AFTER someone gets seriously injured or killed.

Its not going to be their fault, it never has and it never will.

Republicans...

What? Who's office got the bullet through the window??? Oh, THAT'S right...it was Mr. Cantor....a republican! I'm sure you're just devistated that it didn't hit him.

:lol:
The Republican National Committee has rejected a proposal from its Democratic counterpart to sign a joint “civility” statement, POLITICO has learned.

Various members of the DNC — including Chairman Tim Kaine, Executive Director Jen O’Malley Dillon and Communications Director Brad Woodhouse — contacted their respective RNC counterparts this week in hopes of getting RNC Chairman Michael Steele to co-sign a document with Kaine that, in part, called for “elected officials of both parties to set an example of the civility we want to see in our citizenry.”

“We also call on all Americans to respect differences of opinion, to refrain from inappropriate forms of intimidation, to reject violence and vandalism, and to scale back rhetoric that might reasonably be misinterpreted by those prone to such behavior,” read the proposed joint statement, which came at the end of a week that saw acts of vandalism and threats of violence directed at members of Congress from both parties, but mostly aimed at Democrats who voted yes on the health care bill

Read more: RNC rejects joint 'civility' statement - Andy Barr - POLITICO.com

I think this kind of thing is a complete waste of time and money. Its a piece of paper saying they do not condone the violent acts of some who may follow there party or aspects there of..... Really? No sh_t....

Its not worth the paper its written on and definitely not worth the money and time spent on lawyers, aides, and necessities to bring something like that into existence.

And the fact the left would propose such an idiotic and wasteful example of style over substance, is very telling...

Funny--but I sure don't remember Democrats cutting back on the nasty rhetoric & the threats against G.W. Bush.

Why didn't democrats STOP this?

$Bush protestor hate sign.jpg

:lol:

I think this kind of thing is a complete waste of time and money. Its a piece of paper saying they do not condone the violent acts of some who may follow there party or aspects there of..... Really? No sh_t....

And the fact the left would propose such an idiotic and wasteful example of style over substance, is very telling...

Funny--but I sure don't remember Democrats cutting back on the nasty rhetoric & the threats against G.W. Bush.

Why didn't democrats STOP this?

View attachment 9867

BINGO! Well put....

Of course they won't.

If it was Republicans being threatened and Democrats wouldn't condemn the threats, the "liberal media" would be all over it. As would the Conservatards on this forum.

All Republican leaders have done is fan the flames..

I hate to say it but I really think it will take someone getting hurt badly or worse for them to realize what you say does matter.

Yeah the government has already taken control of the student loan industry, banking industry, health care...why not add speech to that? Sounds great...

Forum List

Back