Rick Perry compares homosexuality to alcoholism

"Whether or not you feel compelled to follow a particular lifestyle or not, you have the ability to decide not to do that," said Perry, according to the San Francisco Chronicle. "I may have the genetic coding that I'm inclined to be an alcoholic, but I have the desire not to do that, and I look at the homosexual issue the same way."

Yep, he claimed they were thinkers who have choices. Evil man!

Tell us how you "chose" your sexuality.
Never happened that way with me.

The strangest thing about your outrage is that Perry never said homosexuality is a choice, he said you have a choice not to run around wearing biker clothes and letting everyone who smiles at you fuck you. I am pretty sure that even you agree with that, yet you are outraged because a Republican chose to say it out loud.

Libtards cannot abide honest discussion. As soon as anyone says something verboten they flip out and demand the person be sent to a Death Camp.

Even the Southern Baptist Convention now says same sex attraction is not a choice, they are born with it.
They say it is a sin to act on it because the Bible says so.
Selective interpretation of the Bible but I know MANY good folks that believe that and still do not label gay folks as deviant sexaholic scum of the earth as I see here.
Things are changing and for the better.
Geez, gay folks, NON ISSUE.

A religious organization that totally rejects evolution is your go to source for proving that all the science that proves that people are not born with a sexual preference is wrong? Weren't you the one that was complaining about religious nut cases just a few posts ago? Now you want to be one?

Fantastic job.

Hey, at least the Texas GOP is being honest about their bigotry.

They aren't trying to hide it under the skirts of "religious freedom".
Your are a fool and I won't let that statement stand. Endorsing reparative therapy isn't bigotry any more than endorsing AA meetings. Gays aren't being forced into it, jackass.

So endorsing a therapy to cure people suffering from fundamentalist Christianity wouldn't be bigoted? It would be no different than AA?

Go for it.

And on top of it the Texas GOP adopted a platform endorsing reparative therapy.
Therapy where they believe they can make a straight man gay or a gay man straight.

You nuts may be able to take classes to be taught how to suck cock and like it.
Not me, not in a million years.
I was born with my sexuality, same as everyone else except the believers of reparative therapy.

Damn, amazing the ignorance of the American right wing.

I am pretty sure that the platform doesn't endorse conversion therapy.

The part I don't get is why you conversion therapy is even an issue. Unless it is being forced on someone, shouldn't it be like abortion, a matter of privacy between a patient and a doctor? Or does that type of thinking only apply to things you like?

It did, go find it, it is there.

Parents taking their teens for this therapy is 90% of it.
They have no choice as their pastors are pushing it.
Real world, have worked many a case where one parent objected to it.

Pity the poor Conservative. They are running out of people to hate. The rest of the world has moved on and at least tolerate, if not accept homosexuality. But that poor stubborn, callous Conservative only thrives when they can identify enemies and scapegoats. Maybe that's why they try these idiotic and crazy theorems concerning homosexuality.

Anyway, the Latinos are waiting in the wings. The Conservatives can burn bridges between them and that community and assure themselves utter unelectability for generations. Demographic don't lie. Go ahead and rant, Conservatives. Alienate the American people.

He who troubleth his own house shall inherit the wind.

I AM A REPUBLICAN 95% of the time.

The 5% sure comes up a lot...

I think for myself.
How much football have you ever watched?

Quite a bit.

How many times have you seen a QB go to a hard count trying to draw defensive lineman to jump offsides?
How many times DOES that work and the D lineman do jump offsides.

Way more than it should, which is why they do it.

I was trained to WATCH THE BALL and I do not jump with the first knee jerk feel good reaction that the dumb masses fall for.

You never once, in your entire time playing football, jumped before the ball was snapped?

You know why I don't believe that? Because I know that coaches actually train their guys to jump in order to provoke a movement from the offensive line. The reason they do that is because it works, even though they know the count, and are trained only to move when the ball moves.

Accordingly, when I see bad moves by Republicans instead of being a wimp afraid to go against the flow, what do I do?
I call them out for being fools.
And those that bash gays are damn fools.
We need their votes also and many are Republicans.
Time to get the fucking moral police the hell out of the Republican Party.
And as usual the maniac coming off the end at age 59 is leading the charge and drawing a double team.
Folks are born gay, get over it.

Science says otherwise, and until the science changes, I am sticking with it.

Which means you are the one that needs to get over it and stop jumping on people for actually believing the science you reject.

U r right, everyone is not true.
Thanks for pointing that out.
So your first knee jerk reaction is to call some people a liar, like you did me, without first checking it out.
And Perry did say it so you were wrong.
I did not lie, right?

I never said he didn't say it you moron and I didn't call you a liar until you started lying.

You made a comment I ask for a link if you think that equates to calling you a liar then you are stupid.

Go back to POST #7 where this all started and show where I called your dumbass a liar!

You deleted it you wimp.
Can not even stand by what you say here or back it up so you delete it.
You are the liar, wimp.
Go cry to your Mommy.

Going to have to call you on this, Post 7 shows 0 edits, which means he couldn't have deleted anything.

And on top of it the Texas GOP adopted a platform endorsing reparative therapy.
Therapy where they believe they can make a straight man gay or a gay man straight.

You nuts may be able to take classes to be taught how to suck cock and like it.
Not me, not in a million years.
I was born with my sexuality, same as everyone else except the believers of reparative therapy.

Damn, amazing the ignorance of the American right wing.

I am pretty sure that the platform doesn't endorse conversion therapy.

The part I don't get is why you conversion therapy is even an issue. Unless it is being forced on someone, shouldn't it be like abortion, a matter of privacy between a patient and a doctor? Or does that type of thinking only apply to things you like?

It did, go find it, it is there.

I did, and the word endorse is not in it.

“We recognize the legitimacy and value of counseling which offers reparative therapy and treatment to patients who are seeking escape from the homosexual lifestyle. No laws or executive orders shall be imposed to limit or restrict access to this type of therapy.”

In other words, they oppose legislation that limits the choices of consenting adults. But feel free to keep lying about it.

By the way, you should read a little about the tactics that got it into the draft.

Texas Republican leadership failed us all, not just gay community

Homosexuality is not "caused by man made abuse".
Absurd claim. I have numerous gay and lesbian clients and none of them were abused.

I did not say ALL were caused by abuse.
But yes, some are.
I have friends who have counseled abuse victims to break this cycle
that DID result in unnatural homosexual or transgender conditions.

I AGREE with you that not all are that way.

[MENTION=18558]Gadawg73[/MENTION] that is my WHOLE POINT

Not ALL cases are unnaturally caused by abuse.
Not ALL cases are naturally born.

Because there are DIFFERENT cases, that is why people are arguing.
BOTH "generalizations" are WRONG if they exclude cases that belong in the other group!

You remind me of people who cannot distinguish peaceloving Muslims from Jihadists.
But keep arguing that all people who follow Islam are ALL terrorists.
or ALL people who follow Islam are ALL peaceful Muslims (and the Jihadists are "not real Muslims")

So they argue back and forth, back and forth, back and forth....
because there are BOTH Muslims and Jihadists in the world,
teaching and preaching Islam in totally different ways that are NOT THE SAME.

Last edited:
I AM A REPUBLICAN 95% of the time.

The 5% sure comes up a lot...

Folks are born gay, get over it.

Yes, some are this is true!
Some aren't, so this isn't true of everyone either!

@Gadawg do you need to research the counselors and counselees
who have been healed of abuse and changed orientation?

1. one person I was helping online, went through the healing process of accepting forgiveness, and came out as TRANSGENDER AFTERWARDS
this young man was in a normal heterosexual marriage,
and decided that was not natural and came out as a female personality that was.
AFTER going through spiritual healing to forgive unnatural conditions of guilt and fear.

2. another friend of mine when through healing and recovery and DROPPED any
notion of being bisexual but decided it was a choice and not natural

3. another friend of mine helped a lesbian who was sexually abusing other people,
to come to terms with sexual abuse, forgive and let go in order to return to a natural normal state BEFORE the abuse occurred, and all the sexual activity that resulted.
in this case, the person no longer engaged in homosexual behavior because those attractions were part of the abuse cycle and weren't natural or normal for her.

4. and two friends of mine went through recovery and healing for addictions
and stopped their destructive behavior in sexual relations that was HETEROSEXUAL.
so they did NOT change orientations and did NOT change religions after receiving
spiritual healing therapy.

this is NOT about 'forced conversion' but about NATURAL HEALING
from abuse and addiction. not all cases are that, but not all cases are natural either.

==========================================
If you want to use science, studies on twins show a 50/50 or some show 53/47
chance of correlation between orientation of identical twins.

So one side arguing that orientation is born uses the
"higher than 50/50" stats to show a TENDENCY to be the same orientation.

but the other side arguing that ENVIRONMENT/SOCIAL factors/choices are involved
point out that it is NOT 100% matching.

So you can argue it is NOT GENETIC
but you can argue it is 100% spiritually determined
regardless of genetics or environment or choices.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back